09-12-2014 03:14 PM
222 ... 6789
tools
    We don't know that yet. There could still be a variant of the Note 4 that is waterproof. Maybe they didn't announce it because they want us to buy this one, then also buy the waterproof version a few months later.
    I think that is grasping at wishful thinking. What is the LOGICAL reason to hide the reveal of the 4's waterproofness?
    09-11-2014 12:11 PM
    I think that is grasping at wishful thinking. What is the LOGICAL reason to hide the reveal of the 4's waterproofness?
    The same reason it was logical to release a galaxy s4, then later release a water resistant version.
    09-11-2014 12:33 PM
    We don't know that yet. There could still be a variant of the Note 4 that is waterproof. Maybe they didn't announce it because they want us to buy this one, then also buy the waterproof version a few months later.
    The same reason it was logical to release a galaxy s4, then later release a water resistant version.
    They haven't released a water proof Note... So I don't think they will. This is the Note 4 forum and the Note 4 isn't water proof.. It's been announced and is official.

We have a rumored device section which better suites the "maybe" this will come out.. Currently there is no evidence on this Note 4 of it coming with water proofing... And that's what we're saying.
    09-11-2014 12:57 PM
    They haven't released a water proof Note... So I don't think they will. This is the Note 4 forum and the Note 4 isn't water proof.. It's been announced and is official.

We have a rumored device section which better suites the "maybe" this will come out.. Currently there is no evidence on this Note 4 of it coming with water proofing... And that's what we're saying.
    They hadn't released a waterproof galaxy S4 either, until one day when they released one.

They have not said the Note 4 absolutely will not be water resistant either. The specs were suspiciously missing from Samsung's website last time I looked. They may very well surprise us (as they've done in the past). Or they may very well release another version (as they've done in the past).

Either way, it ain't over til it's over. I'm holding out hope until it's confirmed.
    09-11-2014 01:07 PM
    They hadn't released a waterproof galaxy S4 either, until one day when they released one.

They have not said the Note 4 absolutely will not be water resistant either. The specs were suspiciously missing from Samsung's website last time I looked. They may very well surprise us (as they've done in the past). Or they may very well release another version (as they've done in the past).

Either way, it ain't over til it's over. I'm holding out hope until it's confirmed.
    At what point is it "over"? The device was announced, there was a lot of fanfare, hands-on with the device(s), a lengthy presentation going over the major features (of which water resistance would be one), many articles were written, many comments said.

Could they do an "active" version? Sure. There aren't even rumors​ of that, though.
    09-11-2014 01:15 PM
    At what point is it "over"? The device was announced, there was a lot of fanfare, hands-on with the device(s), a lengthy presentation going over the major features (of which water resistance would be one), many articles were written, many comments said.

Could they do an "active" version? Sure. There aren't even rumors​ of that, though.
    It's over either when it launches without it, or when Samsung says it won't have it. Neither of which has happened yet. There are plenty of reasons to think it won't have it, and plenty of reasons to think it will (like the antenna order) so we're just speculating until we get confirmation.
    09-11-2014 01:19 PM
    Samsung doesn't list anything about water resistance in their specs here:

Samsung GALAXY Note4 - Specs
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    09-11-2014 01:22 PM
    It's over either when it launches without it, or when Samsung says it won't have it. Neither of which has happened yet. There are plenty of reasons to think it won't have it, and plenty of reasons to think it will (like the antenna order) so we're just speculating until we get confirmation.

Well I think that settles it.

Of note, water resistance is listed under specs for the S5 on Samsung's page:

Samsung GALAXY S5
    09-11-2014 01:40 PM
    Well I think that settles it.

Of note, water resistance is listed under specs for the S5 on Samsung's page:

Samsung GALAXY S5
    Yeah, definitely not looking good. Just have to hope for the surprise when it launches.
    09-11-2014 01:48 PM
    Yeah, definitely not looking good. Just have to hope for the surprise when it launches.
    Samsung has said it's not having it. As you said you were waiting for that...

It has been officially announced without any water proofing.
    09-11-2014 01:59 PM
    Samsung has said it's not having it. As you said you were waiting for that...

It has been officially announced without any water proofing.
    Well we can still hope for a surprise. Samsung has done that in the past. Although it was with more RAM and not water resistance.
    09-11-2014 02:24 PM
    Well we can still hope for a surprise. Samsung has done that in the past. Although it was with more RAM and not water resistance.
    Which device did they do that with? Did they officially announce it with less but then at release have more?
    09-11-2014 02:39 PM
    Which device did they do that with? Did they officially announce it with less but then at release have more?
    It was either the Galaxy S2 or Galaxy S3. Yes, they held the announcement event and announced the specs. Then HTC held an event and announced their own flagship phone with more RAM. Samsung then changed the specs and it launched with as much (or more, can't remember) RAM as the HTC.
    09-11-2014 02:45 PM
    It was either the Galaxy S2 or Galaxy S3. Yes, they held the announcement event and announced the specs. Then HTC held an event and announced their own flagship phone with more RAM. Samsung then changed the specs and it launched with as much (or more, can't remember) RAM as the HTC.
    Are you sure? I'm not finding evidence of this.
    09-11-2014 03:09 PM
    Here's the problem with that. Everything would have to be recertified with all governing bodies. Everywhere.

The S3 was the first phone with 2GB of RAM and I don't recall that every changing (it was always 2GB).
    UJ95x likes this.
    09-11-2014 03:20 PM
    So until they launch the Note 5 we should think there may be a waterproof Note 4 or Note 4 Active?

Okay. I think I get it now.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    09-11-2014 03:49 PM
    Are you sure? I'm not finding evidence of this.
    Here's the problem with that. Everything would have to be recertified with all governing bodies. Everywhere.

The S3 was the first phone with 2GB of RAM and I don't recall that every changing (it was always 2GB).
    Yes it happened. I can't remember if it was the S2 or the S3, but I remember it happening. I'm sure if you search through the pre launch threads for both of those devices on the various sites you'll find it.
    09-11-2014 04:14 PM
    Yes it happened. I can't remember if it was the S2 or the S3, but I remember it happening. I'm sure if you search through the pre launch threads for both of those devices on the various sites you'll find it.
    I did and didn't find any information about them changing specs -- You also seem unsure as to when it happened. As Kevin said anyway they would have to have things re certified if they were going to do the waterproofing ..
    09-11-2014 04:16 PM
    So until they launch the Note 5 we should think there may be a waterproof Note 4 or Note 4 Active?

Okay. I think I get it now.
    Well at least until they launch the Note 4 it's possible it might be water resistant.

And yes, even if it launches without water resistance it's possible another variant will be launched that is water resistant at some point.
    09-11-2014 04:17 PM
    Well at least until they launch the Note 4 it's possible it might be water resistant.

And yes, even if it launches without water resistance it's possible another variant will be launched that is water resistant at some point.
    Another device maybe but the Note 4 isn't since it would require to be re-certified and Samsung themselves have announced it without water proofing... on their official website.

So to answer the question for this forum section... The Note 4 is not water resistant / proof.
    09-11-2014 04:23 PM
    I did and didn't find any information about them changing specs -- You also seem unsure as to when it happened. As Kevin said anyway they would have to have things re certified if they were going to do the waterproofing ..
    Waterproofing can just be a coating, as the video posted in this thread shows. You don't need FCC certification for that.
    09-11-2014 04:26 PM
    Another device maybe but the Note 4 isn't since it would require to be re-certified and Samsung themselves have announced it without water proofing... on their official website.

So to answer the question for this forum section... The Note 4 is not water resistant / proof.
    It would not have to be recertified. If I buy one and then have that coating put on it to make it water resistant do I then have to certify that? Of course not.

And, again, Samsung has changed specs after announcing a device in the past. I'm sorry you don't remember it but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Ask anyone who was waiting for Galaxy S2 and S3 before they were announced. I'm sure they'll probably remember it.
    09-11-2014 04:30 PM
    Waterproofing can just be a coating, add the video posted in this thread shows. You don't need FCC certification for that.
    You said once Samsung shows official stats .. It won't release with it. See your post below in bold.

We have provided the official website stats as you wanted and you still seem to resist the official word... Not sure why... you can believe what you want ... But Samsung has shown it doesn't have it. Sorry.
    09-11-2014 04:31 PM
    You said once Samsung shows official stats .. It won't release with it. See your post below in bold.

We have provided the official website stats as you wanted and you still seem to resist the official word... Not sure why... But you can believe what you want ... But Samsung has shown it doesn't have it. Sorry.
    Yeah I admit it doesn't look good. I'm still going to hold out hope though. It ain't over till it's over.
    09-11-2014 04:35 PM

But they already have the S5 and S5 active for folks that deem waterproofness a must-have feature. I just don't subscribe to the belief that Samsung has the desire to make all their phones waterproof at this time. So the Mega is going to come in a waterproof version too or is it that Samsung only wants all of their expensive flagships to be waterproof? Did your Samsung source provide any more details as to their logic?
    09-11-2014 04:50 PM
222 ... 6789