Galaxy Note 4: Is it waterproof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is it waterproof?

Nothing was mentioned during the unpacked event. Doesn't look like it.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Nothing mentioned so I'm sure its not. they would have made a big deal out of is like she did those cat pictures...

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Probably because of the Stylus, they could not make it waterproof. Imagine you forget your stylus one day and there goes your phone in some water. I wonder did they at least make it water resistant? That is useful for the rain or if you spill something on it. Loved it on my Moto devices (Motorola has been doing water resistant/splash proof since the Droid Razr).

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Probably because of the Stylus, they could not make it waterproof. Imagine you forget your stylus one day and there goes your phone in some water. I wonder did they at least make it water resistant? That is useful for the rain or if you spill something on it. Loved it on my Moto devices (Motorola has been doing water resistant/splash proof since the Droid Razr).

Pretty much this but I'm sure Seidio cases will take care of that.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

How come everywhere I read said it was water and dust resistant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

But I'm talking bout info today not before today.

Oh ok well that's why I'm always waiting for the official reveal. Personally I honestly prefer not only IP 68 but also Mil-Std 662 for such a huge phone.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Oh ok well that's why I'm always waiting for the official reveal. Personally I honestly prefer not only IP 68 but also Mil-Std 662 for such a huge phone.

Now I'm thinking it isn't after all. Seems like all new info posted doesn't mention anything about dust or water resistant. It's a shame but I guess expected

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

This, along with the October release date are the biggest disappoints for me thus far.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Don't worry. Going by the S5 forums, there will be new owners swimming, shark fishing, pearl hunting and washing machine testing with the Note 4 and posting videos anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

rekkid

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I saw some hands on photos with the back off... and didnt appear to have the same obvious water-proof seals/gaskets that the S5 (and the active series) have.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I would agree that the Stylus is most likely the reason for no water proofing.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Well I guess I'm not getting it then. Waterproof was the main thing I was looking forward to. Maybe next year.

I don't see why a stylus is any different from a removable battery as far as waterproofing goes.

At the worst they could make the end of the stylus seal when inserted into the device and only make it waterproof when the stylus was in there.

Too bad, that would have been a killer feature worth upgrading for.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

There's no reason out couldn't be waterproof, the pen holder in the back could be sealed closed and there's no reason the pen couldn't be water resistant too. It is a real shame, splash proofing phones it's hugely valuable.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

There's no reason out couldn't be waterproof, the pen holder in the back could be sealed closed and there's no reason the pen couldn't be water resistant too. It is a real shame, splash proofing phones it's hugely valuable.

You never know.. It could be complicated. Sure.. Any phone could be water proof but many aren't.. And there has to be a reason as to why :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair