Galaxy Note 4: Is it waterproof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is it waterproof?

There is another option which in my opinion way better. You don't need the flaps to cover the ports or anything. Check out this product!

CES 2013: How Liquipel Will Make Your Phone Waterproof - YouTube

Liquipel the Alternative to a Waterproof Phone Case

I saw that a few years ago and I wish companies used this on their devices. They don't recommend charging for 24 hours after water exposure because its still waterlogged but you can use the device.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

There is another option which in my opinion way better. You don't need the flaps to cover the ports or anything. Check out this product!

CES 2013: How Liquipel Will Make Your Phone Waterproof - YouTube

Liquipel the Alternative to a Waterproof Phone Case
Yes, the technology exists to easily make the phone water resistant. The folks saying it's a limit of technology just couldn't be more wrong.

None of us know why Samsung decided not to make it water resistant, but we can be positively certain that it wasn't because it's impossible or even too difficult.

It still may launch with water resistance for all we know. And if it doesn't, they're may be another version announced in a couple months that is water resistant.

Here's the thing, if nobody actually prefers that it to not be water resistant, at worst they say "it doesn't matter if it or is or it isn't," and a lot of others say "I really wish it was," then it seems foolish to not include it.

I'm pretty confident that it will either be water resistant and they didn't mention it for some reason, or another version will be launched that has it in a few months.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yes, the technology exists to easily make the phone water resistant. The folks saying it's a limit of technology just couldn't be more wrong.

None of us know why Samsung decided not to make it water resistant, but we can be positively certain that it wasn't because it's impossible or even too difficult.

It still may launch with water resistance for all we know. And if it doesn't, they're may be another version announced in a couple months that is water resistant.

Here's the thing, if nobody actually prefers that it to not be water resistant, at worst they say "it doesn't matter if it or is or it isn't," and a lot of others say "I really wish it was," then it seems foolish to not include it.

I'm pretty confident that it will either be water resistant and they didn't mention it for some reason, or another version will be launched that has it in a few months.

It makes zero sense for them to have made a water-resistant and not have mentioned it. It's Sammy we're talking about. They love to show off all of their "features" :p

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I really wonder how much customer opinion filters back to the boardrooms and R&D of a giant like Samsung, and is acted upon.

I think they just look at sales figures and costs, and flood the market with an enormous variety of devices.

-----------
Soon to be announced : the AquaNote (Watermelon edition)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

It makes zero sense for them to have made a water-resistant and not have mentioned it. It's Sammy we're talking about. They love to show off all of their "features" :p

Features? my 5 must have things for note 4!

TWRP Pre-Installed
No KNOX
Slim or liquid installed out of the box
4GB ram
And a snap815

"Looks at specs":
Starts crying and say OMG iphone is so much better!!!!!

Jk ;) seems like a awesome device :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I really wonder how much customer opinion filters back to the boardrooms and R&D of a giant like Samsung, and is acted upon.

I think they just look at sales figures and costs, and flood the market with an enormous variety of devices.

-----------
Soon to be announced : the AquaNote (Watermelon edition)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sure they do a ton of focus group feedback type of stuff. Not sure how much influence the "power user" demographic has though. :p

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The note 4 isn't water proof so who cares neither is my note 3 your phone belongs in your pocket where it's save if I'm near water you can bet my phone is not would you take your 3000 dollars camera to the pool ??

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The note 4 isn't water proof so who cares neither is my note 3 your phone belongs in your pocket where it's save if I'm near water you can bet my phone is not would you take your 3000 dollars camera to the pool ??

I must admit the water resistance came in handy on my S5 when the skies opened up and monsoon style rain came down on me. My phone was fairly wet in my pocket lol.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

jerome hogan

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

thats like suggesting, that if there was a car that could be driven underwater, that you would only drive on land because of how much it cost for the car......price isnt the issue, IF ITS WATERPROOF

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
thats like suggesting, that if there was a car that could be driven underwater, that you would only drive on land because of how much it cost for the car......price isnt the issue, IF ITS WATERPROOF

True but unfortunately the Note 4 isn't waterproof. The S5 or S5 Active is.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
True but unfortunately the Note 4 isn't waterproof. The S5 or S5 Active is.
We don't know that yet. There could still be a variant of the Note 4 that is waterproof. Maybe they didn't announce it because they want us to buy this one, then also buy the waterproof version a few months later.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
We don't know that yet. There could still be a variant of the Note 4 that is waterproof. Maybe they didn't announce it because they want us to buy this one, then also buy the waterproof version a few months later.

I think that is grasping at wishful thinking. What is the LOGICAL reason to hide the reveal of the 4's waterproofness?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The same reason it was logical to release a galaxy s4, then later release a water resistant version.

They haven't released a water proof Note... So I don't think they will. This is the Note 4 forum and the Note 4 isn't water proof.. It's been announced and is official.

We have a rumored device section which better suites the "maybe" this will come out.. Currently there is no evidence on this Note 4 of it coming with water proofing... And that's what we're saying.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
They haven't released a water proof Note... So I don't think they will. This is the Note 4 forum and the Note 4 isn't water proof.. It's been announced and is official.

We have a rumored device section which better suites the "maybe" this will come out.. Currently there is no evidence on this Note 4 of it coming with water proofing... And that's what we're saying.
They hadn't released a waterproof galaxy S4 either, until one day when they released one.

They have not said the Note 4 absolutely will not be water resistant either. The specs were suspiciously missing from Samsung's website last time I looked. They may very well surprise us (as they've done in the past). Or they may very well release another version (as they've done in the past).

Either way, it ain't over til it's over. I'm holding out hope until it's confirmed.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They hadn't released a waterproof galaxy S4 either, until one day when they released one.

They have not said the Note 4 absolutely will not be water resistant either. The specs were suspiciously missing from Samsung's website last time I looked. They may very well surprise us (as they've done in the past). Or they may very well release another version (as they've done in the past).

Either way, it ain't over til it's over. I'm holding out hope until it's confirmed.

At what point is it "over"? The device was announced, there was a lot of fanfare, hands-on with the device(s), a lengthy presentation going over the major features (of which water resistance would be one), many articles were written, many comments said.

Could they do an "active" version? Sure. There aren't even rumors​ of that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user