09-03-2014 05:14 PM
77 1234
tools
    I guess I'm disappointed Samsung didn't add Qi charging (or wasn't announced) or a much larger battery. Sitting idle while boasting efficiency on a 20mah larger battery isn't my kind of upgrade.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Samsung will have a Qi charging back cover like they do for the Note 3 and S5.

Battery life on the Note 3 is awesome. Bigger wasn't really needed but would have been nice.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.
    09-03-2014 10:53 AM

Battery life on the Note 3 is awesome. Bigger wasn't really needed but would have been nice.

-Shawn
    Yes, but in the S5 is feels cheap. The cover has several areas where its not tight so it creaks without effort. This was tested with 4 covers on 4 phones. Others have reported this too. Is it the worst thing ever? Well, no but its annoying.

Also, it makes the phone thicker and no cases work.

I just want to see battery size move forward. Motorola does it on Verizon and hopefully others too. All Motorola needs is a more powerful device (although I hear the X is great) with a Maxx battery and they're going to do well. Only missing link is that SPen which is awesome.

09-03-2014 10:57 AM

-Shawn
    Thanks to the great removable battery can always buy a second, third, fourth one and some of that charging packs.
    09-03-2014 10:58 AM
    Somewhat disappointed with camera after seeing the just announced Xperia Z3 has 20.7mp

Posted via Android Central App
    09-03-2014 11:09 AM
    I guess I'm disappointed Samsung didn't add Qi charging (or wasn't announced) or a much larger battery. Sitting idle while boasting efficiency on a 20mah larger battery isn't my kind of upgrade.

Sorry for the duplicate reply. My app is not functioning right.
    09-03-2014 11:09 AM
    Yes, but in the S5 is feels cheap. The cover has several areas where its not tight so it creaks without effort. This was tested with 4 covers on 4 phones. Others have reported this too. Is it the worst thing ever? Well, no but its annoying.

Also, it makes the phone thicker and no cases work.

I just want to see battery size move forward. Motorola does it on Verizon and hopefully others too. All Motorola needs is a more powerful device (although I hear the X is great) with a Maxx battery and they're going to do well. Only missing link is that SPen which is awesome.

The power of the Droid Maxx was awesome. I'm just more of a Samsung fan...

The Droid Maxx is the Moto X with a bigger screen and bigger battery.

-Shawn
    09-03-2014 11:11 AM
    To those that were underwhelmed what were you expecting or wanting that you didn't get? I'm just curious. I thought it was a great update. Qhd amoled display, more useful spen and a better camera? Sign me up. I think I want the note edge but I'll have to see it in person. I can't wait to get the new phone.

red.foxx15 and A895 like this.
    09-03-2014 11:12 AM
    A little disappointed in the battery size. But all the upgrades seem pretty decent to me. Waiting a little while longer to see the iPhone 6, new droid maxx if there is one and see what has the best battery life. But the note 4 looks pretty sweet
    09-03-2014 11:12 AM
    To those that were underwhelmed what were you expecting or wanting that you didn't get? I'm just curious. I thought it was a great update. Qhd amoled display, more useful spen and a better camera? Sign me up. I think I want the note edge but I'll have to see it in person. I can't wait to get the new phone.

Probably the fact I've had a Note 2, Droid Maxx, Note 3 and S5 in the last 2 years. Lol.

09-03-2014 11:17 AM
    Well for me it should be a very nice upgrade, I'm coming from a S3 and a BB Curve 9360
    ohbreeeezy likes this.
    09-03-2014 11:33 AM
    Only thing that underwhelms me a bit yet is the screen staying the same size as the Note 3 (5.7") as I really wanted a 5.9" screen. But after seeing the actual product now (via Samsung's live stream earlier), I'm really liking the overall look, in particular the black version. The faux leather back (sans the cheesy faux stitching that was on the Note 3) looks sleek and professional; blends very nicely with the metal edges giving it a very premium look. Still want to check one out in store before making a final decision, but at this point odds are looking good that it's gonna be a go!
    anon8380037, A895 and Zergslayer69 like this.
    09-03-2014 11:49 AM
    Some people will never be satisfied lol

Posted from my S5
    ohbreeeezy, A895 and anon(27512) like this.
    09-03-2014 11:52 AM
    I think that Samsung did a good job with the Note 4 but not great by any means.

In terms of design & build they produced an improvement over the Note 3.

The Screen being a 2560x1440 super Amoled should be stunning.

The processor and ram... 805 and 3gb ram (was expecting 4gb) but 3 should be just fine.

Storage at 32gb and expandable upto 64gb although I believe it will support 128gb cards.

Overall I do like the Note 4 and the Edge is interesting also.

It's not enough for me to part with either my G3 or Z2.

A good upgrade for those on the Note 3 and below :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2014 12:57 PM
    What did you all think of xperia 3?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    09-03-2014 01:24 PM
    They dropped the ball releasing this in October. There is some disappointment here for me such as the speaker being in the back and not water proof. Releasing it so late means that now I will wait to see how the nexus 6 shapes up and may buy that instead if I'm more interested.

09-03-2014 01:28 PM
    They dropped the ball releasing this in October. There is some disappointment here for me such as the speaker being in the back and not water proof. Releasing it so late means that now I will wait to see how the nexus 6 shapes up and may buy that instead if I'm more interested.

It does suck they're waiting till October .
    xxx420 likes this.
    09-03-2014 01:29 PM
    It does suck they're waiting till October .
    They waited until October last year too though. The Note 2 I believe was the same, the original Note premiered early 2012, late 2011. So yeah the fact it is only a few weeks away isn't bad at all. I don't think anyone else can copy what HTC did and do it the same day.
    09-03-2014 01:32 PM
    I'm not underwhelmed. Actually excited. Main things excited about are the optical image stabilization and QHD display.

For those that wanted a bigger screen than the note 3, I'm glad they kept it the same size. If you want a bigger screen there's the Galaxy Mega. (and I've held one, that's just way too big to be considered comfortable IMO)

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    09-03-2014 01:39 PM
    They waited until October last year too though. The Note 2 I believe was the same, the original Note premiered early 2012, late 2011. So yeah the fact it is only a few weeks away isn't bad at all. I don't think anyone else can copy what HTC did and do it the same day.
    The stakes are higher this year as their arch enemy and main competitor will release a competing phablet. It should be released sooner.

09-03-2014 01:40 PM
    The stakes are higher this year as their arch enemy and main competitor will release a competing phablet. It should be released sooner.

Are you serious? Apple will not release anything close to what the Note 4 is, it is one thing to male a phablet for the hell of it, it is another to actually make a phablet that has extra or useful features compared to the normal sized version. Why do you think so many lambasted the One Max? Same thing just bigger does not cut it.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    09-03-2014 01:41 PM

There is no competitor for the Note 4. Like a895 mentioned just creating a bigger device doesn't cut it you also need the hardware power and features to make use of it. Samsung has tons of experience in that regard and improved almost everything on an already great Note 3.

Just look at the Sony Ultra, One Max they are as big or bigger but just don't offer the extra features the Note series does.
    A895 likes this.
    09-03-2014 01:53 PM
    You're both preaching to the choir here. I agree with you both but try explaining that logic to an isheep. These apple zombies don't care about specs, all they will see is the bigger screen and rush out to buy it. It would be in samsungs best interests to come out with it sooner is all I'm saying.

Wildo6882 likes this.
    09-03-2014 02:00 PM
    I'm underwhelmed, but I might have had excessive expectations regarding changes to the form factor. Everyone's looking for less bezel these days. Still a very nice phone--I like the upgrade to the camera with OIS and the metal band is a good touch.
    09-03-2014 02:02 PM
    Yeah releasing in October is odd
    09-03-2014 02:04 PM
    I will wait until the phone gets out in the real world before I decide to buy it. Want to specifically see the results of the new cameras and antenna performance. It's a nice phone but I am a little disappointed about a few things.

The battery
    No USB 3.0 (as was being hyped)
    no small bezel
    no waterproofing
    speaker placement

Yes, they will probably sell a lot of these, but I don't think that the Note 4 is going to turn Samsungs struggling smartphone sales around.
    09-03-2014 02:18 PM
77 1234