Note 4 Underwhelmed after the reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Underwhelmed after the reveal

They dropped the ball releasing this in October. There is some disappointment here for me such as the speaker being in the back and not water proof. Releasing it so late means that now I will wait to see how the nexus 6 shapes up and may buy that instead if I'm more interested.

Posted via Android Central App

It does suck they're waiting till October :(.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

It does suck they're waiting till October :(.
They waited until October last year too though. The Note 2 I believe was the same, the original Note premiered early 2012, late 2011. So yeah the fact it is only a few weeks away isn't bad at all. I don't think anyone else can copy what HTC did and do it the same day.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not underwhelmed. Actually excited. Main things excited about are the optical image stabilization and QHD display.

For those that wanted a bigger screen than the note 3, I'm glad they kept it the same size. If you want a bigger screen there's the Galaxy Mega. (and I've held one, that's just way too big to be considered comfortable IMO)

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

They waited until October last year too though. The Note 2 I believe was the same, the original Note premiered early 2012, late 2011. So yeah the fact it is only a few weeks away isn't bad at all. I don't think anyone else can copy what HTC did and do it the same day.

The stakes are higher this year as their arch enemy and main competitor will release a competing phablet. It should be released sooner.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

The stakes are higher this year as their arch enemy and main competitor will release a competing phablet. It should be released sooner.

Are you serious? Apple will not release anything close to what the Note 4 is, it is one thing to male a phablet for the hell of it, it is another to actually make a phablet that has extra or useful features compared to the normal sized version. Why do you think so many lambasted the One Max? Same thing just bigger does not cut it.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

There is no competitor for the Note 4. Like a895 mentioned just creating a bigger device doesn't cut it you also need the hardware power and features to make use of it. Samsung has tons of experience in that regard and improved almost everything on an already great Note 3.

Just look at the Sony Ultra, One Max they are as big or bigger but just don't offer the extra features the Note series does.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

You're both preaching to the choir here. I agree with you both but try explaining that logic to an isheep. These apple zombies don't care about specs, all they will see is the bigger screen and rush out to buy it. It would be in samsungs best interests to come out with it sooner is all I'm saying.

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm underwhelmed, but I might have had excessive expectations regarding changes to the form factor. Everyone's looking for less bezel these days. Still a very nice phone--I like the upgrade to the camera with OIS and the metal band is a good touch.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I will wait until the phone gets out in the real world before I decide to buy it. Want to specifically see the results of the new cameras and antenna performance. It's a nice phone but I am a little disappointed about a few things.

The battery
No USB 3.0 (as was being hyped)
no small bezel
no waterproofing
speaker placement

Yes, they will probably sell a lot of these, but I don't think that the Note 4 is going to turn Samsungs struggling smartphone sales around.

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Apple will not release anything close to what the Note 4 is

That's just a baseless fanboy statement. You have no idea what Apple will release at this point. At least wait to see the phone until you make comparative claims.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

This is no different than last year. Same release time frame. I will pre-order from the Verizon website the moment orders are allowed and I will enjoy my note 3 for another month or 6 weeks because it's a spectacular phone as it is. It's a phone. Thinking about it every day will not speed up the process. Order it and it will arrive in the mail one day.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

That's just a baseless fanboy statement. You have no idea what Apple will release at this point. At least wait to see the phone until you make comparative claims.
No it is not thanks for calling me a fanboy. Apple will all of a sudden produce a a stylus equipped smartphone phablet with Note 4 specs and software? I highly doubt it.

We don't even have full confirmation there is an Apple phablet. But go ahead and try to debase my post.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it looks lovely, although it's a shame it isn't water resistant. OIS on the lens is a nice upgrade, and looking forward to seeing a qHD AMOLED screen! Confused about the return to usb 2, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. Samsung are definitely heading in the right direction, now they need to look at the sound. If they had two speakers on the top that would have been ace.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

This is no different than last year. Same release time frame. I will pre-order from the Verizon website the moment orders are allowed and I will enjoy my note 3 for another month or 6 weeks because it's a spectacular phone as it is. It's a phone. Thinking about it every day will not speed up the process. Order it and it will arrive in the mail one day.

Just leaving this here. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

You're both preaching to the choir here. I agree with you both but try explaining that logic to an isheep. These apple zombies don't care about specs, all they will see is the bigger screen and rush out to buy it. It would be in samsungs best interests to come out with it sooner is all I'm saying.

I guess they don't care about specs the same as you want them to cram everything under the sun into a phone?. I can't for the life of me fathom why people have to knock a different phone. I use an LG G2 so I'm not an isheep but your going to tell me 20 million people are brainwashed?

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Not sure why I was called out above it was not my intention to violate any rule of the forum. I was responding to nobody in particular just sharing a view of a way to control the excitement of waiting for the release date. But I'll move on.

The usb 2.0 is concerning to me only because the 3.0 charge rate is spectacular on the Note 3. That said, it seems like there is new fast charge technology that will work with the USB 2.0 so I suppose it's a wash anyway.

Bottom line... Metal. OIS. Spectacular display. I'm excited.

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site

No it is not thanks for calling me a fanboy. Apple will all of a sudden produce a a stylus equipped smartphone phablet with Note 4 specs and software? I highly doubt it.

We don't even have full confirmation there is an Apple phablet. But go ahead and try to debase my post.

You admitted you don't even know whether there will even be an iPhablet, so how would you know what specs or features it has?

Status
Not open for further replies.