Note 4 Underwhelmed after the reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You admitted you don't even know whether there will even be an iPhablet, so how would you know what specs or features it has?
1.) Apple has never been about specs

2.) I highly doubt Apple would copy Samsung for their features.

Whether they make or a phablet or not (unlikely) it won't be on par as the Note 4 because of one thing and that is Android. Android allows versatility such as drawing over other apps and allowing stylus support in the first place. Even then there are a bunch of things like dual multitasking view and having a digitizer display that iOS does not support.

If anything there was rumblings of dual multitasking being available in iOS 8 for the next iPad, but the amount of stuff Samsung can tweak and allow on the Note 4 just wouldn't be possible on iOS itself.

They could release a phablet but it won't have the functions that Android allows Samsung for the Note 4.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Underwhelmed after the reveal

To get back on topic, if some are underwhelmed that is understandable but the Note 4 IMO is far from "meh".

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site

1.) Whether they make or a phablet or not (unlikely) it won't be on par as the Note 4 because of one thing and that is Android.

So you are saying that Apple is incapable of manufacturing a competing phablet on par with the Note 4 because it doesn't run Android, which has some unique features? I don't think you are going to get too many people to agree with you on that extreme position.

darknes01

May 6, 2014
Visit site

yap same feeling here, not a real upgrade but seems like they put a few minor updates and called it a day . lol i wonder what they where doing for a full year if thats all the updates they came up with lol.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

So you are saying that Apple is incapable of manufacturing a competing phablet on par with the Note 4 because it doesn't run Android, which has some unique features? I don't think you are going to get too many people to agree with you on that extreme position.

This thread is about Note 4 and not Apple. My personal stance on a "phone matter" is simple, I hope everyone is able to find the perfect phone for themselves regardless of OS, brand data-plans whatever.

That being said I don't believe others will be able to release something as impressive (for now). You have to keep in mind how much experience, knowledge and trying out has been needed for Samsung to come up with something that impressive. Yeah you can buy a Stylus for almost every phone tablet nowadays, but making use of them and now acting as a trackpad/mouse is much more difficult.

Personally speaking I'm also looking at the BB Classic or LG G 3 cat.6 but only because of personal needs. In terms of phablets and functionality and specs the Note 4 is top notch. Sure there is always a way for improvement and I would have liked more changes but overall I'm very impressed.

The only thing left to say...
Samsung shut up and take my money NOW :)

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm going to have to see both versions in person and find out what the cost is on a 2 yr upgrade before I decide between them and a Note 3. Initially I don't think there's enough difference from the Note 3 to make me want to pay 3-4 times the cost of a Note 3 upgrade. I am disappointed it's not waterproof. No question the Note 4 is a state of the art phone but for my use which is almost 100% business I'm not certain I'd get any more use than I would from a Note 3.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm going to have to see both versions in person and find out what the cost is on a 2 yr upgrade before I decide between them and a Note 3. Initially I don't think there's enough difference from the Note 3 to make me want to pay 3-4 times the cost of a Note 3 upgrade. I am disappointed it's not waterproof. No question the Note 4 is a state of the art phone but for my use which is almost 100% business I'm not certain I'd get any more use than I would from a Note 3.

Perfectly understandable and I'm someone who is buying his phones to keep them over a at least mid-period of time (4 years +), but if you are a business user I think you would absolutely love the new S Pen functionality (smart selecting texts) and the higher resolution should do wonders for multitasking (you know editing a PDF file while using citavi at the same time or something like that).

I've seen some prices on my carrier already and well they are (as expected high), a mid-ranged contract comes at 35 €/month + 469 € for the phone that's expensive.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

How is it extreme, it is simple iOS does not have the feature set or capability Android afford Samsung. Not extreme just saying it how it is. There was more to my post than what you quoted as well.

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site

This thread is about Note 4 and not Apple. My personal stance on a "phone matter" is simple, I hope everyone is able to find the perfect phone for themselves regardless of OS, brand data-plans whatever.

That being said I don't believe others will be able to release something as impressive (for now). You have to keep in mind how much experience, knowledge and trying out has been needed for Samsung to come up with something that impressive. Yeah you can buy a Stylus for almost every phone tablet nowadays, but making use of them and now acting as a trackpad/mouse is much more difficult.

Personally speaking I'm also looking at the BB Classic or LG G 3 cat.6 but only because of personal needs. In terms of phablets and functionality and specs the Note 4 is top notch. Sure there is always a way for improvement and I would have liked more changes but overall I'm very impressed.

The only thing left to say...
Samsung shut up and take my money NOW :)

I was responding to someone else going off-topic about Apple. I agree with you that the Note 4 is right up there at the top of available phablets. I would still consider it even though I am underwhelmed. I'd also consider the G3 and of course the 1520 refresh (if it happens) because I'm currently a WP guy. I'm not considering the BB Classic. Also interested to see if the iPhone 5.5 materializes and what it has to offer. A lot of potentially good choices it seems to me.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Perfectly understandable and I'm someone who is buying his phones to keep them over a at least mid-period of time (4 years +), but if you are a business user I think you would absolutely love the new S Pen functionality (smart selecting texts) and the higher resolution should do wonders for multitasking (you know editing a PDF file while using citavi at the same time or something like that).

I've seen some prices on my carrier already and well they are (as expected high), a mid-ranged contract comes at 35 €/month + 469 € for the phone that's expensive.
4+ years? That's extreme for anyone a couple years is while but 4 years would make any phone obsolete. My RAZR M is hitting 2 years old and it feels like it.

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site

How is it extreme, it is simple iOS does not have the feature set or capability Android afford Samsung. Not extreme just saying it how it is. There was more to my post than what you quoted as well.

Dude, I'm just going to block you because it's like trying to talk to a brick wall. I have no interest in a discussion that is based on wild speculation. If you think the Note 4 is better than a phone that hasn't been released and for which you know nothing about, then you can have that conversation with yourself.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I only have one wish: when Android L is released and they push the update to the Note 4, I hope it does not bonk my signal and battery life like the Note 3 Kitkat disaster. (which caused me to return the phone and get a refurb that I'm currently typing on). That said, they can take they're sweet time to leave the operating system just like it is the day it's released. I'll never wish for an OS upgrade again. I'd rather wait for the next hardware that has the latest and greatest instead.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

The specs on the Note 4 are good. But boy was the press release so underwhelming. Since the S4 mega marketing effort, Samsung has basically thrown in the towel on "Apple-like" brainwashing campaigns. I think that's a mistake.

They should have done two separate releases, one just for the Edge, to show the latest technology in curved screens. allowed the press eat it up for a little while and then the Note 4.

The Edge announcement got lost in the shuffle and all we got was a Note 4 phone that looks like any Samsung from the past 5 years!

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Not sure why I was called out above it was not my intention to violate any rule of the forum. I was responding to nobody in particular just sharing a view of a way to control the excitement of waiting for the release date. But I'll move on.

The usb 2.0 is concerning to me only because the 3.0 charge rate is spectacular on the Note 3. That said, it seems like there is new fast charge technology that will work with the USB 2.0 so I suppose it's a wash anyway.

Bottom line... Metal. OIS. Spectacular display. I'm excited.

I wasn't exactly sure why you got called out either. Your post seemed pretty level headed. I had no problem with it. Maybe it was a mistake.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

I was responding to someone else going off-topic about Apple. I agree with you that the Note 4 is right up there at the top of available phablets. I would still consider it even though I am underwhelmed. I'd also consider the G3 and of course the 1520 refresh (if it happens) because I'm currently a WP guy. I'm not considering the BB Classic. Also interested to see if the iPhone 5.5 materializes and what it has to offer. A lot of potentially good choices it seems to me.

The 1520 is the Lumia right ? I'm considering the BB classic because of the toolbelt and I absolutely love phsyical call/end call buttons + trackpads :) I think it can never hurt looking at other things too. I mean the perfect phone for me would be 4,7 inch with Note like specs and S Pen :)

This is the first year since almost 3 years that I'm intrigued by a lot of products. So LG deserves a lot of credit for the G 3 and it will interesting seeing their phablet (it will have a stylus too).

4+ years? That's extreme for anyone a couple years is while but 4 years would make any phone obsolete. My RAZR M is hitting 2 years old and it feels like it.

I know but as long as the technology is good enough for me I see no reason to upgrade (have had Win XP for over a decade :) ). I think we are more and more reaching a point where upgrades will become less stellar because companies are really pushing the possibilities right now. Irf you think about it is amazing what smartphones have become they are almost like mini computers now.

The specs on the Note 4 are good. But boy was the press release so underwhelming. Since the S4 mega marketing effort, Samsung has basically thrown in the towel on "Apple-like" brainwashing campaigns. I think that's a mistake.

I think it's a matter of taste personally I love such releases..unveil the product, talk a bit about the specs show it to the press and be done with it. Not a fan of brainwashing like campaigns with over the top celebrations and stupid crowd "woohooo" yellings.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Dude, I'm just going to block you because it's like trying to talk to a brick wall. I have no interest in a discussion that is based on wild speculation. If you think the Note 4 is better than a phone that hasn't been released and for which you know nothing about, then you can have that conversation with yourself.

Ok

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

That's just a baseless fanboy statement. You have no idea what Apple will release at this point. At least wait to see the phone until you make comparative claims.

This is no different than last year. Same release time frame. I will pre-order from the Verizon website the moment orders are allowed and I will enjoy my note 3 for another month or 6 weeks because it's a spectacular phone as it is. It's a phone. Thinking about it every day will not speed up the process. Order it and it will arrive in the mail one day.

Yeah. We're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20