Note 4: To Edge or not to Edge, that is the Question.

Are you getting the Note 4 or Note Edge?

• Total voters

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Now that the Note 4 and Note Edge has been announced, I have been thinking about which one of these phones to consider for my next upgrade. Initially I thought the Note Edge was a gimmick and not really gonna have much use for it but the more I really think about it and think about how I use the phone, the Edge may be an excellent device. The possibility of reading a message or getting a notification without actually turning on the device has me excited.
The main concern is how much of a drain it will have on the battery.
Thoughts?

I'm wondering who else is getting the Note Edge instead of the Note 4.

Check out this Hands on Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA1aOuK29_8

Last edited:

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I like it with one exception, the loss of the side mounted power button.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: To Edge or not to Edge, that is the Question.

I think it is the first curved display on a smartphone yet ? It looks really wierd I will play around with it for sure but in terms of buying it's going to be the note 4.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I have to see/use an Edge model to know if I'd be interested. The video hands on review states accidentally touching the sidescreen will be an issue and I'll have to see the rugged protective cases for it. It is possible that the standard Note 4 will offer just as much function.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

I am in the same zone. I am using the Note 2, which I love, but am ripe for an upgrade. I was waiting for the Note 4, but will certainly consider the Edge, after playing with it and reading actual reviews.

The question is whether the Edge will come to the US, and if all carriers will carry it.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I've seen several posts in other threads asking if the Edge will release in the US but it's already been announced by all carriers:

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/0...-to-carry-galaxy-note-4-and-galaxy-note-edge/

I am in the same zone. I am using the Note 2, which I love, but am ripe for an upgrade. I was waiting for the Note 4, but will certainly consider the Edge, after playing with it and reading actual reviews.

The question is whether the Edge will come to the US, and if all carriers will carry it.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

To me the biggest thing Samsung revealed today was the widespread availability of the Edge version. Everything I'd read prior to today indicated the Edge was expected to be released only in South Korea.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Will be interesting to see how much more expensive the edge will be I expect ~+ 150 $ only for the curved display.

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Oh man this changes everything... When they said "select markets" during the event I assumed it wouldn't come to the US. I will probably stick with the Note 4, but now I have a decision to make!

Posted via Android Central App

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

3000 mah battery? That's lower than the note 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Will be interesting to see how much more expensive the edge will be I expect ~+ 150 $ only for the curved display.

I doubt it. If people are already debating, that tells you it's not really any better than the Note 4. That, and the fact that it's all plastic might offset the price to equal each other. I know I have no interest in it over the Note 4.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

3000 mah battery? That's lower than the note 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The technology of the S805 might offset any battery life decrease over the Note 3. Has anyone saw the physical specs for this edge yet? It looks thicker than the Note 4.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

I doubt it. If people are already debating, that tells you it's not really any better than the Note 4. That, and the fact that it's all plastic might offset the price to equal each other. I know I have no interest in it over the Note 4.

Yeah I don't see the advantage of that extra screensize seems a bit awkward nonetheless it's interesting.

Oh and the battery is 3200 mah compared to 3180 on the note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I don't see the advantage of that extra screensize seems a bit awkward nonetheless it's interesting.

Oh and the battery is 3200 mah compared to 3180 on the note 3

3180? To my knowledge the Note 3 is 3200 and the Note 4 is 3220.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm excited about the Edge. Right now I'm closer to getting it than a Note 4 but I'll look at it in a carrier store before I buy either.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Note 4, the Edge version doesn't do it for me I just don't get the benefits out of it so I will be happy rocking the standard slab.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Not really digging the Edge. Seems more gimmicky than anything. Also how would you fit a case on the note Edge? . With little kids I cannot go naked with my phone!

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle