09-27-2014 10:13 PM
141 ... 3456
tools
    Im upgrading from NOTE II

Jnugs Note II
    09-12-2014 11:33 PM
    Launch day I'll trade in my note 3. Or I'll simply sell it..either way im so excited to get my hands on the note 4.

super note 3 user
    09-15-2014 07:32 PM
    Launch day I'll trade in my note 3. Or I'll simply sell it..either way im so excited to get my hands on the note 4.

super note 3 user
    I am wondering if AT&T will have trade-in program (Note 3 for Note 4) just like the iPhone 6. If yes, I'll trade in mine too.
    09-16-2014 01:53 AM
    I am wondering if AT&T will have trade-in program (Note 3 for Note 4) just like the iPhone 6. If yes, I'll trade in mine too.

super note 3 user
    What is the HIGHEST price they give you on the trade programs? My Note 3, which I keep double case and tempered glass screen from day 1, will be a year old next month, and it is like brand new!! Also, I have the unlocked code! Is $400 about right for a prime Note 3?, BTW, I will be selling it with two extra batteries, and extra temp glass screen, and two other cases!!

Yes, I am banging the Note 4, and the Gear S... oh boy!!!
    09-16-2014 01:16 PM
    What is the HIGHEST price they give you on the trade programs? My Note 3, which I keep double case and tempered glass screen from day 1, will be a year old next month, and it is like brand new!! Also, I have the unlocked code! Is $400 about right for a prime Note 3?, BTW, I will be selling it with two extra batteries, and extra temp glass screen, and two other cases!!

Yes, I am banging the Note 4, and the Gear S... oh boy!!!
    I called tmobile yesterday twice and i was told $300.00 but last week when i when into the tmobile store they told me $250.00 also while talking on the phone with the rep, she mentioned that whatever my balance is from the note 3 will be disregard and the $300.00 from the trade in will go towards the new note 4. So i figured anything to bring down the final bill will do for me. We'll see though. ..I'll keep you guys posted.

super note 3 user
    09-16-2014 01:24 PM
    Each company have their thing where they compete with other companies latest. So yeah I would say to just call and see if they have trade in or something similar to trading your device.

super note 3 user
    09-16-2014 01:33 PM
    I'm thinking $300 will be the highest AT&T will offer.

Wish Samsung will release the release date for the Note 4. Hate how apple announced the iPhone 6 after Samsung announced the Note 4 but apple is releasing the iPhone 6 sooner.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 01:36 PM
    I'm thinking $300 will be the highest AT&T will offer.

Wish Samsung will release the release date for the Note 4. Hate how apple announced the iPhone 6 after Samsung announced the Note 4 but apple is releasing the iPhone 6 sooner.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    Agree! I also hate how they make us wait. I mean like what's the big secret? We already know how the phone look and all the specs. Just release the dang phone already. Sorry i had a moment just now....hehe! But on a serious tip...i know that the note4 hasn't passed the FCC yet. So when i start seeing that on certain websites, I'll know that its not far off that we would have to wait.

super note 3 user
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-16-2014 01:47 PM
    Still have the Note 2 getting the N4.
    09-16-2014 07:39 PM
    I think it would have been good if they started shifting all their devices to USB 3.0. Especially if the devices are now taking 4k video, transferring extremely large video files back and forth over USB 2.0 is irritating.

It's a minor annoyance. I just found it strange that they went back to USB 2.0 there. Assumed it would be USB 3.0 again.

I agree with that.

While the parts have gotten better from the Note 3 to Note 4 (screen, camera, processor etc), the UI seems largely untouched. I think the user experience for the Note 4 will most definitely be similar to the Note 3. I don't think Note 3 users would be missing out on some sort of amazing piece of tech if they held on to their phones.

Note 4 is an evolutionary upgrade, and that's great. Great for people who haven't had a new phone in a while - the Note 4 will be a big update. Great for Note 3 users who don't want to shell out the $outright or re-contract as it won't be catastrophically different from what they already have.
    I disagree. I do feel just with ois, the screen, double sensitivity of the s pen, 16 megapixels, 4k recording, the body of the phone and going back to 2.0 (I couldn't stand the bulky tip of 3.0 and none of my transfers ever happened wired) give me enough of a reason to switch.
    09-16-2014 09:25 PM
    I disagree. I do feel just with ois, the screen, double sensitivity of the s pen, 16 megapixels, 4k recording, the body of the phone and going back to 2.0 (I couldn't stand the bulky tip of 3.0 and none of my transfers ever happened wired) give me enough of a reason to switch.
    For you, yeah. But others may not think those warrant an upgrade from the Note 3. And that's fine, everyone has their own process on how they warrant upgrading or not.

If I didn't get phones often and still had a Note 3 on a contract, I wouldn't break contract to get the Note 4. While it looks like a nice device, to me it wouldn't warrant an upgrade. Marginal hardware improvements I don't believe would greatly improve the user experience. Other users may agree, others will disagree.
    09-16-2014 10:00 PM
    I called tmobile yesterday twice and i was told $300.00 but last week when i when into the tmobile store they told me $250.00 also while talking on the phone with the rep, she mentioned that whatever my balance is from the note 3 will be disregard and the $300.00 from the trade in will go towards the new note 4. So i figured anything to bring down the final bill will do for me. We'll see though. ..I'll keep you guys posted.

super note 3 user
    Thanks for that, I think I will go the sell route. My Note 3 is just like brand new, with temp glass, couple cases, and two spare batteries. Also, I got the unlocked code for it. So, it should sell for something north of $400. If that doesen't happen, I will just relent and pass it on to the MEAN wife!!
    09-17-2014 09:15 AM
    Not upgrading from my Note 3. Not a big enough difference. I want a faster Octa Core & 64 bit.
    09-17-2014 10:43 AM
    Not upgrading from my Note 3. Not a big enough difference. I want a faster Octa Core & 64 bit.
    At first i said the same thing but then i mess around and looked at a few YouTube videos and the rest is history.
    09-18-2014 04:30 PM
    Probably gonna take the plunge ,
    Not that there is anything wrong with the 3!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails How many will be upgrading from the Note 3 to the Note 4?-2014-09-18-16.12.34.jpg  
    09-18-2014 05:58 PM
    I just preordered. I love my Note 3 and I'm sure I'll love my Note 4. Wanted to check out the Edge, but it's just too weird for me.
    09-19-2014 03:16 AM
    I agree with your disagreement. Along with the specs and features you have listed, I'm looking forward to the added spen features. Like how the pen works even more like a mouse now for copy & paste and also the new multitasking windows functions (more than just split screen) should make multitasking a better user experience. I'm also looking forward to the feature that allows you to photo a white board for example, convert it to an editable document and add notes. This will take note taking in a project meeting or training class to a whole new level.

09-20-2014 06:10 AM
    I think it would have been good if they started shifting all their devices to USB 3.0. Especially if the devices are now taking 4k video, transferring extremely large video files back and forth over USB 2.0 is irritating.

It's a minor annoyance. I just found it strange that they went back to USB 2.0 there. Assumed it would be USB 3.0 again.
    Yes, I agree. Oh what a bummer! :-( I regularly transfer lots of movie/TV series HD files into my phone Micro SD. This mean I won't able to take advantage of my laptop USB 3.0. Transferring large files over USB 2.0 is a nightmare. :-(

09-20-2014 09:08 PM
    I personally have always used a USB 3.0 sd card reader that's plugs into computer USB slot for photos/video transfers....they can be purchased for minimal $. Yes, its a small pain to remove SD card from phone especially if you have an otterbox, but you'll still be able to download at 3.0 speeds.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    09-20-2014 09:29 PM
    Well I have a iPhone 5s right now and I am not impress at all with the iPhone 6. I always said "If Apple doesn't make the screen size bigger than I'm switching to Samsung android device". Well iPhone made the bigger screen but the specs really disappointed me and than I seen the Note 4. I fell in love and can't wait! I will miss iMessage lol so I know from a iPhone 5s to a Note 4 is a huge upgrade huh lol.
    Yk Chin and mchi5 like this.
    09-21-2014 12:15 PM
    I don't think so. When the signal strength is 4 bars, a rarity for me, I get and retain 4G. But the sensitivity of the Note 3 seems to be lacking often enough that in a weaker signal location, it can't receive well enough in order to maintain or get 4G. For me the proof that is a phone issue is when my wife's old HTC Rezound reports a stronger signal and can maintain 4G better than my Note 3 in the same location with the same carrier.

Posted via Android Central App
    I've also found this to be true with the N3. The radio in my previous S3 seemed much stronger, and I was able to pick up good signal everywhere. I noticed on the first day I got my N3 that the signal was significantly weaker in the very same locations. I'm hoping the radio is stronger on the N4. Additionally, for whatever reason, Sprint just can't get their towers in Chicago straightened out, especially the two closest to my home. They seem to be having all kinds of problems getting their 4G LTE network right. My reception has been in and out, mostly out, for the past week and a half. I was told that they're working on the towers and there should be even better (than what?) reception in the next couple of days. Regardless, I'll be upgrading to the N4...the question is whether I remain with Sprint or switch to TMO.
    09-21-2014 04:42 PM
    👐 Me!

I will be upgrading from the Note 3 to Note 4. At first, I was a little disappointed at the specs. Let's face it thou, there won't be huge jump for another year or two when there is a huge technology improvement on a chip or something else. Besides making the Note 4 waterproof and this 2.0 vs 3.0 charging and chip inside, Samsung did good. When I finally was able to read and watch a bunch of articles and videos, Samsung focused on the sPen & multi window. As a heavy user of these, I'm psyched to get my hands on the new beast. Then the camera is a big plus. This time around, it was a lot of little upgrades on the main benfits of the Note. To make it stronger & better...
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-21-2014 06:24 PM
    I personally have always used a USB 3.0 sd card reader that's plugs into computer USB slot for photos/video transfers....they can be purchased for minimal $. Yes, its a small pain to remove SD card from phone especially if you have an otterbox, but you'll still be able to download at 3.0 speeds.
    Yeah, that's another option I'll follow but it's ain't small pain. Removing the outer case then remove the phone case then remove the memory card... Aah it's a major pain! :-(

09-21-2014 08:06 PM
    Im upgrading from NOTE II

Jnugs Note II
    This will be a major upgrade! :-)

09-21-2014 08:07 PM
    YES...Just pre-ordered NOTE 4 on Verizon. Counting the days..2 week old note 3 for sale..Ha...

09-22-2014 11:27 AM
141 ... 3456