How many will be upgrading from the Note 3 to the Note 4?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: How many will be upgrading from the note 3 to the note 4?

I got the Note 3 at launch. Loved it. Switched from Verizon to AT&T and decided to try something different. I got the HTC One M8 and I love it. Very loud (almost like it gives me a mini heart attack every time it rings) and was a welcome change. I will however be getting this phone. Nothing wrong with the HTC just like my giant Samsung phones. I think smaller incremental improvements are better than major overhaul. Btw why do people care so much about it being waterproof? Are you gonna take the thing swimming or what? :D
I agree with the waterproof comment. I am super anal about my phones. I take care of them. I've never wished my phone was waterproof. It has absolutely no bearing on whether I buy a phone or not. I just think people like the peace of mind, but I think for the vast majority of people, it's a non issue.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Was certain to do this from S4, but now that I'm looking around, to quote the title of another thread, To Edge or Not to Edge...that is the question.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't think so. When the signal strength is 4 bars, a rarity for me, I get and retain 4G. But the sensitivity of the Note 3 seems to be lacking often enough that in a weaker signal location, it can't receive well enough in order to maintain or get 4G. For me the proof that is a phone issue is when my wife's old HTC Rezound reports a stronger signal and can maintain 4G better than my Note 3 in the same location with the same carrier.

Posted via Android Central App

I was just saying it may be a carrier issue because the signal could have been weak... Yes radios play a factor but for yours to jump that much it's could be a few factors.. (as always though when it comes to signal).

My average at work is 1 out of 4 bars LTE... I average around 20 at my desk... Down the hall still 1 bar but I pull the below speeds. Also below is my current usage.. So with 1 bar I can hold a good strong LTE signal to stream without an issue.

Attachments

• 1409878804633.jpg
    1409878804633.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 1409878834288.jpg
    1409878834288.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 78

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Went from the 2 to the 3. Not enough sugar for me to to go with a third Note in 3 years. Will wait for the 5. Wonder how many will jump to the Iphone 6 when the 5.5 inch version is released. Announcement is just a few days away.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

If the Note Edge feels right to me when a demo model is available then yeah upgrading.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

You still have a blackberry?... Must be rough Lol...

Posted via the Android Central App

What's so funny about having a blackberry? ??? We all have DIFFERENT taste when it comes to phones and the operating system

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

You still have a blackberry?... Must be rough Lol...

It's a great phone for communication, sure it lacks a bigger screen and top specs but in terms of getting communication done I really like it. You know despite the awesome Note 4 I'm still interested in the BB classic. Although I really prefer their old O S compared to the news one. In terms of security is p it's awesome.

KennyMB

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Definitely me. Not just for the upgrade of it, which I love, but my speaker and charging part are dying. I need a new phone, plus it's so pretty.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I've become so frustrated with the reception on my N3 that I'll first check out the reception on the N4. If it's improved, then heck yeah, I will be. I didn't want to be swapping out a phone until my Edge plan is paid off, but my signal is so crappy on my 3 that I almost have to do it.

soxfan04

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Looking to upgrade from my S3.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Not me I will wait for the note 5 they didn't show me anything that made me say Wow!!!!!!! Hopefully the note 5 will make me jump for joy.......

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

If I still had my Note 3 I would be upgrading to the Note 4, but I am upgrading my phone I got in May with it since I do miss my Note 3.

bigphonelover

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

I am not a Note 3 owner but I have always loved the big screen size that the Note has had. Never liked Samsung though. The Note 4 is very tempting though. Confused between the Note 4 and the Xperia Z3 for my next phone upgrade. Love the Z3 because of the 4k camera. Have a 4k TV and still haven't seen a 4k video yet! Lol. Could buy that phone just for that alone

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I am not a Note 3 owner but I have always loved the big screen size that the Note has had. Never liked Samsung though. The Note 4 is very tempting though. Confused between the Note 4 and the Xperia Z3 for my next phone upgrade. Love the Z3 because of the 4k camera. Have a 4k TV and still haven't seen a 4k video yet! Lol. Could buy that phone just for that alone

Doesn't the Note 3 have 4k video recording? lol

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't the Note 3 have 4k video recording? lol

Exactly, along with any other phone released in the past year with S800 or better, if I'm not mistaken. I think Samsung is adding the 1440p recording option, but 2160p has always been there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Sounds more like a carrier issue than a phone issue.

I don't know about that. I have a 10-year-old Motorola V60i flip phone on one of my basic lines. It has TEN TIMES better call quality and reception than any of my current Verizon smartphones(Galaxy S5, Note 3, HTC One M8, Moto X) These old "vintage" phone work even in remote areas of Upstate New York. I wonder if it's because the V60i has an external antenna. What's more, when I connect the V60i to the car's hardwired kit with 5-watt booster and outside antenna, the reception goes from great to ridiculously-excellent. Unfortunately, the V60i is only for voice... no data.

in rural areas, when my Galaxy Note 3 shows 1 or no bars, my V60i(connected to 5-watt booster) can get all 5 bars. (which is why I'm really afraid when the day comes when Verizon turns off CDMA)

my hardwired kit is like this one, except I increased the power from 3 watts to 5 watts:
BST800MS.jpg

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Since paying full price, I would rather get a Note 3 new for $500 and wait until next year for the 810 or other 64bit device. The 805 is the same family as the nearly two year old S600. Same 28nm fabrication. Ditto for the Note 3 but seems a better overall but if $500.

JMO

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I agree. This is the first time I've EVER had any trouble with ANY of my Verizon phones, and since switching from Blackberry, I've always had Samsung phones. But sometimes this Note 3 makes me want to throw it out the window!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz