How many will be upgrading from the Note 3 to the Note 4?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering if AT&T will have trade-in program (Note 3 for Note 4) just like the iPhone 6. If yes, I'll trade in mine too.

Launch day I'll trade in my note 3. Or I'll simply sell it..either way im so excited to get my hands on the note 4.

super note 3 user

What is the HIGHEST price they give you on the trade programs? My Note 3, which I keep double case and tempered glass screen from day 1, will be a year old next month, and it is like brand new!! Also, I have the unlocked code! Is $400 about right for a prime Note 3?, BTW, I will be selling it with two extra batteries, and extra temp glass screen, and two other cases!!

Yes, I am banging the Note 4, and the Gear S... oh boy!!! :)

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What is the HIGHEST price they give you on the trade programs? My Note 3, which I keep double case and tempered glass screen from day 1, will be a year old next month, and it is like brand new!! Also, I have the unlocked code! Is $400 about right for a prime Note 3?, BTW, I will be selling it with two extra batteries, and extra temp glass screen, and two other cases!!

Yes, I am banging the Note 4, and the Gear S... oh boy!!! :)

I called tmobile yesterday twice and i was told $300.00 but last week when i when into the tmobile store they told me $250.00 also while talking on the phone with the rep, she mentioned that whatever my balance is from the note 3 will be disregard and the $300.00 from the trade in will go towards the new note 4. So i figured anything to bring down the final bill will do for me. We'll see though. ..I'll keep you guys posted.

super note 3 user

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering if AT&T will have trade-in program (Note 3 for Note 4) just like the iPhone 6. If yes, I'll trade in mine too.

Each company have their thing where they compete with other companies latest. So yeah I would say to just call and see if they have trade in or something similar to trading your device.

super note 3 user

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking $300 will be the highest AT&T will offer.

Wish Samsung will release the release date for the Note 4. Hate how apple announced the iPhone 6 after Samsung announced the Note 4 but apple is releasing the iPhone 6 sooner.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking $300 will be the highest AT&T will offer.

Wish Samsung will release the release date for the Note 4. Hate how apple announced the iPhone 6 after Samsung announced the Note 4 but apple is releasing the iPhone 6 sooner.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Agree! I also hate how they make us wait. I mean like what's the big secret? We already know how the phone look and all the specs. Just release the dang phone already. Sorry i had a moment just now....hehe! But on a serious tip...i know that the note4 hasn't passed the FCC yet. So when i start seeing that on certain websites, I'll know that its not far off that we would have to wait.

super note 3 user

El Platanero

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: How many will be upgrading from the note 3 to the note 4?

I think it would have been good if they started shifting all their devices to USB 3.0. Especially if the devices are now taking 4k video, transferring extremely large video files back and forth over USB 2.0 is irritating.

It's a minor annoyance. I just found it strange that they went back to USB 2.0 there. Assumed it would be USB 3.0 again.

I agree with that.

While the parts have gotten better from the Note 3 to Note 4 (screen, camera, processor etc), the UI seems largely untouched. I think the user experience for the Note 4 will most definitely be similar to the Note 3. I don't think Note 3 users would be missing out on some sort of amazing piece of tech if they held on to their phones.

Note 4 is an evolutionary upgrade, and that's great. Great for people who haven't had a new phone in a while - the Note 4 will be a big update. Great for Note 3 users who don't want to shell out the $outright or re-contract as it won't be catastrophically different from what they already have.

I disagree. I do feel just with ois, the screen, double sensitivity of the s pen, 16 megapixels, 4k recording, the body of the phone and going back to 2.0 (I couldn't stand the bulky tip of 3.0 and none of my transfers ever happened wired) give me enough of a reason to switch.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I disagree. I do feel just with ois, the screen, double sensitivity of the s pen, 16 megapixels, 4k recording, the body of the phone and going back to 2.0 (I couldn't stand the bulky tip of 3.0 and none of my transfers ever happened wired) give me enough of a reason to switch.

For you, yeah. But others may not think those warrant an upgrade from the Note 3. And that's fine, everyone has their own process on how they warrant upgrading or not.

If I didn't get phones often and still had a Note 3 on a contract, I wouldn't break contract to get the Note 4. While it looks like a nice device, to me it wouldn't warrant an upgrade. Marginal hardware improvements I don't believe would greatly improve the user experience. Other users may agree, others will disagree.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I called tmobile yesterday twice and i was told $300.00 but last week when i when into the tmobile store they told me $250.00 also while talking on the phone with the rep, she mentioned that whatever my balance is from the note 3 will be disregard and the $300.00 from the trade in will go towards the new note 4. So i figured anything to bring down the final bill will do for me. We'll see though. ..I'll keep you guys posted.

super note 3 user

Thanks for that, I think I will go the sell route. My Note 3 is just like brand new, with temp glass, couple cases, and two spare batteries. Also, I got the unlocked code for it. So, it should sell for something north of $400. If that doesen't happen, I will just relent and pass it on to the MEAN wife!! :(

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Probably gonna take the plunge ,
Not that there is anything wrong with the 3!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-09-18 16.12.34.jpg
    2014-09-18 16.12.34.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 147

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just preordered. I love my Note 3 and I'm sure I'll love my Note 4. Wanted to check out the Edge, but it's just too weird for me.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I agree with your disagreement. Along with the specs and features you have listed, I'm looking forward to the added spen features. Like how the pen works even more like a mouse now for copy & paste and also the new multitasking windows functions (more than just split screen) should make multitasking a better user experience. I'm also looking forward to the feature that allows you to photo a white board for example, convert it to an editable document and add notes. This will take note taking in a project meeting or training class to a whole new level.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

I think it would have been good if they started shifting all their devices to USB 3.0. Especially if the devices are now taking 4k video, transferring extremely large video files back and forth over USB 2.0 is irritating.

It's a minor annoyance. I just found it strange that they went back to USB 2.0 there. Assumed it would be USB 3.0 again.

Yes, I agree. Oh what a bummer! :-( I regularly transfer lots of movie/TV series HD files into my phone Micro SD. This mean I won't able to take advantage of my laptop USB 3.0. Transferring large files over USB 2.0 is a nightmare. :-(

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I personally have always used a USB 3.0 sd card reader that's plugs into computer USB slot for photos/video transfers....they can be purchased for minimal $. Yes, its a small pain to remove SD card from phone especially if you have an otterbox, but you'll still be able to download at 3.0 speeds.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Saion916

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I have a iPhone 5s right now and I am not impress at all with the iPhone 6. I always said "If Apple doesn't make the screen size bigger than I'm switching to Samsung android device". Well iPhone made the bigger screen but the specs really disappointed me and than I seen the Note 4. I fell in love and can't wait! I will miss iMessage lol so I know from a iPhone 5s to a Note 4 is a huge upgrade huh lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995