Note 4 NO BOTTOM HEADPHONE JACK? is it just me?

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: NO BOTTOM HEADPHONE JACK? is it just me?

Disagree. Hate the bottom jack. Didn't get the LG G3 because of it.

Posted via Android Central App

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Disagree. Hate the bottom jack. Didn't get the LG G3 because of it.

Ditto. I have the lg g3 and it drives me up a wallllll. I don't understand the preference for a bottom jack

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Jack on the bottom is the only way to go. I would thin most people put their phone into their pocket with the bottom up and screen into their leg. So when they pull their phone out of their pocket they are holding it the correct way.

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Jack on the bottom is the only way to go. I would thin most people put their phone into their pocket with the bottom up and screen into their leg. So when they pull their phone out of their pocket they are holding it the correct way.

I have those L shape headphone jack.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

What does the L shape matter if its on the top or the bottom? I've used both and prefer the bottom jack 100x over the top.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

I don't put my phone in my pocket that way. The more annoying thing is when have my headphones on but want to hold the phone up on something But can't because the headphone is in down there. Anyhoo we all have different ways of doing things

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'd say no it's not dumb. I actually prefer it since I'd rather it not be near the charging port.

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Or eliminate the problem altogether and get a pair of bluetooth headphones.

I know, that may not work for everyone or in all circumstances, but it's an option. I like having bluetooth headphones so I can listen to music (or the AC podcast), leave my phone on my desk, and not worry about wires in my way or being tethered to my phone.

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

I guess I am an oddity. I place my phone in my pocket top side up in my pocket so top side jack works for me when I forget my bluetooth headphones

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I love having the headphone jack on the top. It makes sense to me. I have an ipod touch and the Jack is at the bottom which means that the thing has to be upside down in my pocket. My galaxy S5 is upright in my pocket due to the better socket placement. I'm glad that the note 4 has it at the top too.

Posted from my S5

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Just because apple puts it on the bottom doesn't mean every other company should. Having it on the bottom requires adapters to work with some cases and frankly I am not interested in carrying more crap with me than I have to.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Why would you think "most people" do it that way? Have you taken a survey? I pretty much always have my phone in my pocket bottom down.

The only advantage I see to having the jack on the bottom is that if you have the phone in a car cradle, and plug in both the charge and an audio cable, they come out of the same end.

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Yep, that is how I do it. Would much rather have the jack on the bottom than the top.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Why would you think "most people" do it that way? Have you taken a survey? I pretty much always have my phone in my pocket bottom down.

The only advantage I see to having the jack on the bottom is that if you have the phone in a car cradle, and plug in both the charge and an audio cable, they come out of the same end.

I said I would think most people would put their phone in there pocket like that because of my own observation. The only people I know that put their phone with top up do it to listen to music. Putting it top down when you grab your phone out of your pocket its already in your hand the way most people would be holding it.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
is it just me, or it is having the headphone jack on the top of the phone the dumbest idea ever?

I don't think it is dumb, but I would prefer to have it on the bottom where the charging port is. It makes it easier when I have my phone plugged into the aux cable and charging at the same time. I can then rest it in my cup holder.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet