Note 4 NO BOTTOM HEADPHONE JACK? is it just me?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: NO BOTTOM HEADPHONE JACK? is it just me?

I pretty much always have my phone in my pocket bottom down.

Me, too. I am now trying to figure out why. :) Pretty much the only reason I can come up with is that instinctively, while bumping the phone around and moving about, I just sort of felt it should be oriented right side up. Not that that necessarily has any validity to it considering the way the screen orientation can change. I like the jack on the top, though. That seems more natural since half the time I'm resting the phone against something.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I like the jack at the bottom and have my phones bottom up with the screen facing my leg. I assumed that's how most people would have put their phone in their pants, but I guess not.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I like the jack at the bottom and have my phones bottom up with the screen facing my leg. I assumed that's how most people would have put their phone in their pants, but I guess not.

Same for me except the top of the phone is near the opening of my pocket.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

When Apple came out with the iPhone 4, they moved the jack to the bottom of the phone. I suspect it was a space issue and they didn't have the room at the top anymore. But... they advertised the hell out of it, making it sound like it was a revolutionary move, that only they could have thought of. Samsung, created an ad making a joke of the change in position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJafiCKliA8

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Jack on the bottom is the only way to go. I would thin most people put their phone into their pocket with the bottom up and screen into their leg. So when they pull their phone out of their pocket they are holding it the correct way.

I put my Phone in Bottom first 100% of the time even when I use no headphones .... Don't like the iPhone with it nor Any of the Android phones but isn't a Deal breaker imo

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

When Apple came out with the iPhone 4, they moved the jack to the bottom of the phone. I suspect it was a space issue and they didn't have the room at the top anymore. But... they advertised the hell out of it, making it sound like it was a revolutionary move, that only they could have thought of. Samsung, created an ad making a joke of the change in position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJafiCKliA8

Err The iPhone 5 Started that not the iPhone 4

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I seem to recall older phones having interference problems with the head phone jack being too close to the charging port. Any time you charged your phone while listening to music there was static interference, such as while driving, phone plugged it car stereo while charging.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not sure which side most smartphones put their bottom location headphone input but seeing the Note 1-4 have the S-Pen slot on the bottom right it only makes sense it is on the top. I use bluetooth anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2