I feel kind of disappointed about the Note 4, just like when Samsung released the S5.....

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a matter of perspective. This phone will be a huge leap for me considering I'm coming from the galaxy s3. But from the perspective of a note 3 owner its probably not worth the purchase. Maybe you should try a new phone like the Sony xperia.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope next year's Note 5 will have true 4K screen... not just 2k. Oh... and a bigger battery.... or at least 50% improvement in battery life. and if it's not too much to ask, waterproofing down to 100 feet for 10 hours (not just water resistant)

If 2K is not the standard for the foreseeable future, I'll be shocked. 4K is completely useless for a phone. Battery life is already taking a hit at 2K. Who needs to scuba dive with their phone anyways??

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

rdsreference

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am a resolution addict. This Note 4 is really is disappointing, doesn't seem to be any real difference in quality over a 1080p panel no matter what wallpaper I choose I understand about the human eye etc but the most annoying thing about the note 4 is the fact the super bright amoled feature is gone from this phone which gives a super bright display this a deal breaker for me.Coupled with the fact its seriously Laggy. I miss my Note 3. Hello Nexus 6

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I went from the Samsung S3 to the Note 4 and I am mighty thrilled.
Besides the camera performance which is paramount among my requirements, I am THRILLED that I can finally see the screen outside in bright light!
HUGE improvement over the S3.
Love the S Pen for jotting down notes rather than pecking at the keyboard.
Many more pluses that have been discussed elsewhere, but those are my chief pleasures.

For future improvements I would like to see better sound and a volume/zoom button that I don't constantly inadvertently hit.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Your going to the Nexus 6 for a better screen? And you are a screen addict ? Good luck with that.

saiyyasuka pon

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Huge factor i bought a note 4 becoz its fast charging capabality. Its really2 functional for me that always forget to charge a device.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am a resolution addict. This Note 4 is really is disappointing, doesn't seem to be any real difference in quality over a 1080p panel no matter what wallpaper I choose I understand about the human eye etc but the most annoying thing about the note 4 is the fact the super bright amoled feature is gone from this phone which gives a super bright display this a deal breaker for me.Coupled with the fact its seriously Laggy. I miss my Note 3. Hello Nexus 6

I have the exact opposite experience with mine. Screen is brilliant. Nexus is the same resolution so going to that for a better screen will be a huge let down for you, coupled with no expandable memory and non removable battery. Talk about deal beakers.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The note 4's screen brightness is an incredible 750 nits, if you are in bright light AND you set brightness to "AUTO". If you set it to "MAX" instead, you are stuck at 500 nits. this is one freaking bright-capable screen, folks.

AluminumBoy

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Battery life was far from any noticeable upgrade i would imagine. 20 mah? Give me water proof or resistant. Give me foldable screens. Give me two day battery life. Give me transparent display technology . To me I imagine I will come to own the note 4 and edge at some point but I doubt it will be by my own wallet. (Bday. Xmas). But a las we live in a world of incremental upgrades so that's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Sent from my iphone" lmao!!!
Anything you say is invalid sir.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This is why you should skip a generation. I will hold off for the note 6. When upgrading to the next generation with Samsung it is like going from iPhone 6 to 6s.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
The note 4 made me excited when it was launched. The S5 sounded like a solid phone but I wasnt lusting after it.

Looking forward to getting my own note 4 this week 💟

Posted from my S5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463