I feel kind of disappointed about the Note 4, just like when Samsung released the S5.....

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I feel kind of disappointed about the Note 4, just like when Samsung released the S5.....

Don't get me wrong, the new Note 4 is great... but it just doesn't have the "wow" factor.

Or is this because I currently own two Note 2s and one Note 3? (as well as the S5
and a spare HTC One M8 being used as a wifi-only device) Or perhaps I had
unrealistic hopes about the Note 4 being a super cool new phone, which it clearly isn't.

All of my three Note phones(2 and 3) are inside Otterbox Defender cases. I am still
getting the Note 4 as soon as it comes out, but once I put it inside the Otterbox
Defender, I don't think I'll notice any that difference between the four Note phones.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I am still getting the Note 4 as soon as it comes out, but once I put it inside the Otterbox
Defender, I don't think I'll notice any that difference between the four Note phones.

Wait until you view the N4's screen to its full capacity. You should notice a difference then.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand what people are expecting from phones anymore now days? Besides maybe IP67 proof I don't know what realistically could be done to make the phone any better. We have come to a stand still in phones where the biggest upgrades are screen resolution, battery life, and cameras.

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Wait until you view the N4's screen to its full capacity. You should notice a difference then.

That is actually *only* thing about the Note 4 that I'm looking forward to.... then again, I returned the LG G3 because its QHD screen was no better than my Note 3's 1080p screen. :)

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
That is actually *only* thing about the Note 4 that I'm looking forward to.... then again, I returned the LG G3 because its QHD screen was no better than my Note 3's 1080p screen. :)

Once you get your hands on a picture or video that is designed to be viewed on a 1440p screen you will notice. You will never see a difference if the picture or video is the same as on the 1080p (e.g. say you transfer some files from your note 3 to your note 4, there will not be a difference if the pics/vids were made for 1080p viewing.)

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand what people are expecting from phones anymore now days? Besides maybe IP67 proof I don't know what realistically could be done to make the phone any better. We have come to a stand still in phones where the biggest upgrades are screen resolution, battery life, and cameras.

Battery life was far from any noticeable upgrade i would imagine. 20 mah? Give me water proof or resistant. Give me foldable screens. Give me two day battery life. Give me transparent display technology . To me I imagine I will come to own the note 4 and edge at some point but I doubt it will be by my own wallet. (Bday. Xmas). But a las we live in a world of incremental upgrades so that's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Once you get your hands on a picture or video that is designed to be viewed on a 1440p screen you will notice. You will never see a difference if the picture or video is the same as on the 1080p (e.g. say you transfer some files from your note 3 to your note 4, there will not be a difference if the pics/vids were made for 1080p viewing.)

I also just bought a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 last week, which also has 2560x1600 SuperAMOLED.... sometimes I can't stop staring at the screen for no reason. My human eyes can tell that it's not reality I'm looking at. On the other hand, my cat, who has never shown any interest in my TVs, tablets, etc, seems to think the Tab S screen is display reality. He has crashed into the screen a couple of times when I displayed videos of mice or rabbits. :(

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
What did you expect? Most people want to be blown away every time a phone gets released but they don't know what they want to be blown away by. These things are churned out every year, it's going to be more evolutionary. It looks like a great phone. The only thing that I'm disappointed by is that the battery is virtually the same capacity. Maybe they'll increase battery life in other ways but that's the biggest thing I care about is a phone with ridiculous battery life.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
What did you expect? Most people want to be blown away every time a phone gets released but they don't know what they want to be blown away by. These things are churned out every year, it's going to be more evolutionary. It looks like a great phone. The only thing that I'm disappointed by is that the battery is virtually the same capacity. Maybe they'll increase battery life in other ways but that's the biggest thing I care about is a phone with ridiculous battery life.

Samsung announced, that, although the battery in the N4 is only 20Mah more than the N3, there will be a 7.5% improvement do to the new hardware.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Aw man I didnt even realize it wasnt IP67 certified. Bummer... Thats a really neat feature on the S5. They should have done it. This might've been the perfect smart phone.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You want something more different and not just evolutionary? Take a look at the Edge...when they introduced it during the live show the audience showed a serious reaction. I find it gimmicky so I am sticking with the Note 4.

Tech companies have to pace themselves when it comes to new, revolutionary technology...gotta milk the most out of ever device every year and just give the people enough of an upgrade so they will buy the newest model. Does technology support foldable displays (can't imagine a good use for that technology in a smartphone) or 3 day battery life and processing power that rivals an i7?? In some top secret lab it might exist, but for the consumer market, I doubt it...and do we really need it? Most people are happy to make it through the day with one battery charge a day. Processing power? We have plenty already to the point that you wonder what we need more for. Gaming would be on thing but I rather do that on my PC and Xbox One.

The battery is just a little bigger, but so is the phone...there's only so much room in there. To offset it a little you have that maximum power savings mode from the S5. That of course won't help you much if you are constantly using the phone....but that's where the fast charge comes in handy.

It's not water resistant...my guess is because of the S Pen...the little tunnel it goes through would make a nice water holding reservoir.

Everything about the Note 4 is better....although the speaker placement on the Note 3 made a bit more sense to me. There were lots of leaks out for weeks, we knew what was coming, no reason to be disappointed...

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I think samsung will do the 2K screen right. I tried the G3 for two days before returning it for the S5. The screen didn't impress me and like you say I preferred the screen on my note 3 more than the display on the G3. However the display on the S5 is beautiful, better than both the note 3 and the G3. samsung know how to make good screens so I know they will not disappoint. The reviews of the S5 prime (LTE-A) screen have all been very positive.

Posted from my S5

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
The thing is the Note 3 already has been a great phone , it's very difficult to make an already great product even better personally I think Samsung has done that with the Note 4. The Note 5 won't be that much different either, it will have the SD 810, 4 gig of Ram (at least) and maybe a 20 mp camera but other than that ? It's still going to be a evolutionary update.

In terms of screen resolution for me it's about being future proof, remember when everyone said why would be ever need more than HD well once 1080 (FHD) took off people started to see a difference. I've seen Youtube Videos comparing the S5 and the S5 Prime needless to say the S5 Prime screen was even better than the one on the G 3 and now imagine how good that screen will look on a 5,7 inch device especially in terms of multitasking or reading pdfs.

Yeah Water-Proof would have been nice but I knew it wouldn't happen thanks to the S Pen.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 3 and love it the note 4 pushes the technology even further and it's metal what more do you people want from a phone all you haters get in line for your iPhone 6 me I'll stick with the note

Posted via Android Central App

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I think samsung will do the 2K screen right. I tried the G3 for two days before returning it for the S5. The screen didn't impress me and like you say I preferred the screen on my note 3 more than the display on the G3. However the display on the S5 is beautiful, better than both the note 3 and the G3. samsung know how to make good screens so I know they will not disappoint. The reviews of the S5 prime (LTE-A) screen have all been very positive.

Posted from my S5

I sure hope next year's Note 5 will have true 4K screen... not just 2k. Oh... and a bigger battery.... or at least 50% improvement in battery life. and if it's not too much to ask, waterproofing down to 100 feet for 10 hours (not just water resistant)

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
At first, I'll admit I was disappointed. Then I actually sat down with my earphones and watched the Unpacking event and other media outlet videos. At first, I was like ya I'm keeping my note 3. Then I saw the huge improvements on the sPen and muti window. And showed my hubby. I was like, yes I'm getting the Note 4. I'm a lil nervous, as I always used one of my family's upgrades, this will be the first time I'll have to pay out of pocket full price for a phone. But it's worth it for me, as I'm a huge sPen & multi window user. And the camera update is exciting too. 😆

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae