Is the Snapdragon in the Note 4 64-bit?

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

I would love to know as well. There is no reason not to get the exynos since the 64bit will be supported by andriod L.

Posted via Android Central App
Note 3 SM-N9005

ZuperioKing

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

The Snapdragon 805 is 32 bit. It is the last 32 bit CPU manufactured by Qualcomm. The Snapdragon 808 & 810 are 64 bit and will arrive at some point next year Q2.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

Based on what the responses are, the exynos 5433 is 64 bit? Not only that, even though the exynos has lower clock speeds the benchmarks show that the exynos is in the lead over the snapdragon in a bunch of tests.

ZuperioKing

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Based on what the responses are, the exynos 5433 is 64 bit? Not only that, even though the exynos has lower clock speeds the benchmarks show that the exynos is in the lead over the snapdragon in a bunch of tests.

Antutu showed better numbers on the Octo-Core Vs the Quad-Core not by much though.

kalinskym

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Snapdragon 805 has more features built in doesn't it, saw a video Showcasing the features

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Agreed it's dumb to give 2 versions when one is obviously quite a bit better and to have a 32 bit processor when the next update within the next couple months will be 64 bit.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Qualcomm is announcing a new 64bit processor soon but until the Android OS supports 64bit what does it matter.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

Virtually all of the Android phones released this year are not 64 bit, therefore they will be supported in the future. Google isn't going to abandon all of the phones released thus far this year.

Posted from my S5

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

You say it's dumb and it may be. However is it fair to say that maybe there are production (supply/demand) limitations or licensing limitations for specific markets or existing contracts in play in certain markets that may be driving these decisions?

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Android Os will support 64 bit within the next month or 2. And it won't be Google who doesn't support the updates it will be the phone manufacturer. And I'm guessing the big discount Qualcomm gave Samsung played the biggest part.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm very disappointed the USA (Snapdragon) version isn't 64 bit with Android L just around the corner. I'm guessing the long lead time vs. the introduction timing is the reason but that doesn't explain the HTC midline model just introduced that does support 64 bit. Very disappointing for Samsung's top of the line phone to not be available with 64 bit in the US.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Damn I shouldn't have watched the SD 810 videos, specs I'm still impressed with the Note 4 but boy oh boy Qualcomm is going to release an absolute beast soon.

4k screen, 4gb + ram, 20mm that's some serious power in a phone. Hopefully Samsung releases the 64 bit CPU one here.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I think the problem with the 64 bit Exynos chip used in the non US version is it is not compatible with 4G/LTE which is why we're getting the Snapdragon version. I'm guessing Samsung will not upgrade the US version Note 4 to the 64 bit Snapdragon chip but instead wait for the Note 5 to release it.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I think the problem with the 64 bit Exynos chip used in the non US version is it is not compatible with 4G/LTE which is why we're getting the Snapdragon version. I'm guessing Samsung will not upgrade the US version Note 4 to the 64 bit Snapdragon chip but instead wait for the Note 5 to release it.

Or Maybe they will release Note 4 Prime with 64bit SD810 after couple months. Have you seen S5 and S5 prime ?!

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Or Maybe they will release Note 4 Prime with 64bit SD810 after couple months. Have you seen S5 and S5 prime ?!

Well sadly these prime devices aren't available outside of korea for whatever reason. I mean LG has the G 3 cat.6 (/beast), same goes for Samsung and their Prime modell (it has QHD, SD 805, 3 gig ..) I pretty sure we are going to see a SD 810 Note 4 in Korea soon.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I'm very disappointed the USA (Snapdragon) version isn't 64 bit with Android L just around the corner. I'm guessing the long lead time vs. the introduction timing is the reason but that doesn't explain the HTC midline model just introduced that does support 64 bit. Very disappointing for Samsung's top of the line phone to not be available with 64 bit in the US.

That's because the mid-line chip is already available. The 808 and 810 aren't actually shipping yet. It would be hard for Samsung to sell a phone with a chip that doesn't exist.

Android Os will support 64 bit within the next month or 2. And it won't be Google who doesn't support the updates it will be the phone manufacturer. And I'm guessing the big discount Qualcomm gave Samsung played the biggest part.

See above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax