09-12-2014 02:53 PM
37 12
tools
    I have read different specs on the camera on different sites. All seem to agree that that front facing camera has an aperature of f1.9. The main camera might be f2.0, but I've seen reports as high as f2.4. Seeing as the Note 3 was f2.2, I would rule out f2.4. The one article that stated f2.0 seemed most credible IMO. That's just my opinion though. I believe the sensor is bigger than the Note 3, but the same size as the GS5 (1/2.6"). I believe the camera will be much improved over the Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I can live with f/2.0, although i was hoping for f/1.8. However, I will reserve final judgement until the reviews start coming in.
    09-05-2014 01:57 PM
    I believe it's f/2.0 as well. Samsung state fast AF. with OIS and that f stop it should be much better. The LG G3 manages just fine at f/2.4.

I've seen camera samples from the Note 4 in low light. They are very good. But if you have movement only xenon flash is the way to go.
    09-06-2014 11:29 AM
    OIS will only probably improve the amount of blurry shots, which would slightly help with low light shots.
    OIS should help shooting speed in dim light, too. The digital stabilization of the S5 is the reason is shoot so slowly indoors.

And there were some rumors that Samsung is using a Sony sensor in the Note 4. If that's true, expect a major improvement in low light image quality.
    09-06-2014 04:54 PM
    OIS should help shooting speed in dim light, too. The digital stabilization of the S5 is the reason is shoot so slowly indoors.

And there were some rumors that Samsung is using a Sony sensor in the Note 4. If that's true, expect a major improvement in low light image quality.
    Even with the Note 3, it seems to focus and shoot quicker in low light, if you turn off digital stabilization. And I would think Optical stabilization should be quicker but only if there is shaking. But without shake, should you expect any low light improvement in focusing speed. Even if it did, the low light noise wouldn't be better. For that to happen, the rear camera sensor would have to be improved. Sure, there were rumors of all sorts of improvements in the Note 4 that never materialized in the final product announcement, e.g. 4 gig ram. So if there really was as important of an improvement as the rumored Sony sensor, why didn't they say so at the unveiling. We can only hope that was their oversight and the sensor has been improved.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-07-2014 03:44 AM
    FACT. The front camera is f/1.9 but sadly the rear is f/2.4. This is the same as the LG G3.

It is on Samsung Global page here Samsung GALAXY Note4 - Features

Scroll down to section that says bright and clear images. The pictures alternate and on one version it provides the f stop for both.
    09-07-2014 05:23 PM
    Any confirmed word on FPS rates at normal and slow motion for N4?

Just curious since iPhone 6 is touting 240fps at 720p.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2014 01:59 PM
    FACT. The front camera is f/1.9 but sadly the rear is f/2.4. This is the same as the LG G3.

It is on Samsung Global page here Samsung GALAXY Note4 - Features
    Scroll down to section that says bright and clear images. The pictures alternate and on one version it provides the f stop for both.
    It's f/2.2 actually. You can check the Exif data from sample shots.
    That f/2.4 is showing as a "reference" for 60% more light for FFC. If you calculate F/1.9 will have 60% more light than F/2.4. That's why it's showing same photo in that picture, one little underexposed, another normal. That's meant for FFC.

Sample gallery: https://plus.google.com/photos/+DesS...48269152241649
    09-11-2014 05:26 PM
    I am excited to see how OIS helps with the camera ... I just wish Samsung would give us a date ... I hate waiting in suspense haha.
    09-11-2014 05:34 PM
    The camera on the Note 4 should be a big improvement from the Note 3. I feel like that was one area that had a good amount of improvement.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3
    09-11-2014 08:35 PM
    I have not seen any official specs that confirm whether the camera uses ISOCELL or Sony sensor? The f stop is the same as the S5, (f/2.2). Let's see how good OIS does at improving shots especially in low light. I don't believe IOS by itself will make that much of a difference in low light conditions. Maybe there is something else they did not tell us about?
    09-12-2014 07:32 AM
    I believe the S805 will help with camera speed and picture quality as well. Per Qualcomm, it should have quicker auto focusing, faster HDR processing and better low light performance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    09-12-2014 08:43 AM
    The phone itself is to big for me, but your are mistaken if you think the camera is not a HUGE improvement.

The camera has gone from 13 to 16MP AND, more importantly, dramatically increased the pixel size from about 1.1μm to 1.7μm (according to Exmor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). That is a major change and should see dramatic improvements in quality, especially in low light!
    09-12-2014 02:53 PM
37 12