Note 4 isn't water resistant. Disappointed?

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't buy the S5 after reading about the countless problems people were having with the charging port cover breaking off. I'm glad Samsung didn't make the same mistake with the Note 4.

shadow01505

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It indeed IS infact waterproof. It must be internally covered with nano sealant or something. S Pen or not, I have put it entirely in water and unlike the touchscreen, S Pen will function. There is a video on YT of someone testing S6, S6 edge and Note 4 all of them last over 30 minutes underwater.
One thing I notice is that battery life decreases very quickly, like it is grounding itself out but it still functions. It doesn't even leak behind the battery door, my 3 water damage indicators are still white.

I believe they make all of them water proof now but just don't advertise it for liability purposes including the iPhone 6 as I've seen the videos to back that claim up as well. Just do some searching. Google is your friend.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I like the water resistance of the S5. I keep finding myself wishing my N4 was water resistant. I keep thinking.. What if I drop it in the sink, toilet, pool, lake or a water puddle?

Then I remind myself, while the water resistance was nice, I never have dropped a phone in any water in all these years. It would be nice if they come up with a way to make all phones water resistant eventually, it is nice to know you have that protection if you ever need it.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I loved that the S5 was water resistant right out of the box and didn't require an $80 case to keep it from getting ruined should it briefly come in contact with liquid.

However, I HATED the cover flap for the charging port. The USB 3.0 charging plug on the S5 was a little more difficult to insert and remove than your standard micro USB on most other phones and that flap just got in the way. Kind of a pita, actually.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I loved that the S5 was water resistant right out of the box and didn't require an $80 case to keep it from getting ruined should it briefly come in contact with liquid.

However, I HATED the cover flap for the charging port. The USB 3.0 charging plug on the S5 was a little more difficult to insert and remove than your standard micro USB on most other phones and that flap just got in the way. Kind of a pita, actually.

Posted via the Android Central App

It was difficult to get in the S5. The Note 3 took a little getting used to when plugging in the charger, but the S5 just never got easier for me.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have never dropped my phone in the water, but I often do want to use it while it's drizzling. If it's not water resistant, any tiny splashes could technically be my fault... I don't know how many times I've used the GPS to navigate a city on foot and it begins to rain! I always fear the worst when it begins to rain haha.

JaceKG

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Myself and my wife are rock climbers and generally love the outdoors and having the note 4 waterproof would have been a bonus with our lifestyle but the features etc of this phone far out way the lack of I.P Rating (waterproofness) but I spoke if that's the deal breaker for you then so beit

Posted from my rooted Note 4 and loving it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37