Anyone disappointed with Note 4?

missmom

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the T-mobile Jump program and was anxiously waiting to upgrade to the Note 4 and not even 1 thing I wanted was feature in the Note 4.

1. Why is the Note 4 still 5'7 inches instead of 5'9 inches? I'm already tire of how small the Note 3 is. Would love to get a Galaxy Mega but it doesn't have S-Pen and flagship spec. The Galaxy Mega 6'2 inches is the perfect size for my use.
2. Note 4 speaker is in the back? Did it just regress from the Note 3? I was hoping the Note 4 speaker would be much louder.
3. No forward button, no physical camera button, not waterproof (for what reason seeing how it was already on the S4).
4. 64 GB not in the U.S again
5. More but I can't think of at the moment.

Look like I'll be waiting for the Nexus 6 (6 inches) instead of the Note 4.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I dont know why they continue to put the speaker on the back of the device. It is the dumbest placement ever. The first company to put the speaker on the front AND can get their camera right will win me over.

Posted via Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I dont know why they continue to put the speaker on the back of the device. It is the dumbest placement ever. The first company to put the speaker on the front AND can get their camera right will win me over.

Posted via Android Central App
Xperia z2 / z3

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4 is damn near perfect. The only thing I could ask for is Samsung to remove that creepy face that's the default picture for missing contact photos.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
1. I don't think they want to make the Note a mega since they have two different types of phone for this.. So they kept it the same.

2. Not sure here.. My guess would be for space.

3. Forward button? Physical camera button? What phones have this? Not many. Also the S5 is water resistant not the S4.

4. SD card should help solve that.

missmom

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
1. I don't think they want to make the Note a mega since they have two different types of phone for this.. So they kept it the same.

2. Not sure here.. My guess would be for space.

3. Forward button? Physical camera button? What phones have this? Not many. Also the S5 is water resistant not the S4.

4. SD card should help solve that.

1. I know but the Mega doesn't even have flagship spec and the S-pen
2. The Note 3 audio was horrible. Listening to Youtube was barely audible. I think all flagship smartphone should have sound like the HTC ONE with beat audio.
3. No phone has those function that why it would be nice. Actually the Sony Xperia T2 has the physical camera button I believe. I think the forward button would be nice for viewing web page. Physical camera button is easier when your holding one hand. And yes I meant the S5.
4. SD card don't work with game apps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
1. I know but the Mega doesn't even have flagship spec and the S-pen
2. The Note 3 audio was horrible. Listening to Youtube was barely audible. I think all flagship smartphone should have sound like the HTC ONE with beat audio.
3. No phone has those function that why it would be nice. Actually the Sony Xperia T2 has the physical camera button I believe. I think the forward button would be nice for viewing web page. Physical camera button is easier when your holding one hand. And yes I meant the S5.
4. SD card don't work with game apps.

The HTC one doesn't have beats anymore. That got removed after the M7.

My Note 3 is very audible... I like to things off the speaker all the time.. My car doesn't have a hookup sadly :(.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I like the Note4 and will be getting it to replace my Note3. I just placed my Pre-order for the Spigen Tough Armor case and a tempered glass protector.

As far as the button for the camera, my Note3 camera settings allowed me to set the volume up button as the camera shutter release. I'm guessing the note4 is likely to be the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

As far as the button for the camera, my Note3 camera settings allowed me to set the volume up button as the camera shutter release. I'm guessing the note4 is likely to be the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

In addition to this, you can use the pulse sensor to take a picture on the Note 4. No need for a dedicated button.

I think a Forward button would be widely slammed by almost everyone. A dedicated button, even a soft key, used for a single function in a browser only would be a horrible use of space.

The only thing I agree with in the original post is the speaker placement.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
1. Why is the Note 4 still 5'7 inches instead of 5'9 inches? I'm already tire of how small the Note 3 is. Would love to get a Galaxy Mega but it doesn't have S-Pen and flagship spec. The Galaxy Mega 6'2 inches is the perfect size for my use.

I think "5.7 is ideal. The Mega is overkill and it would be hard to pocket, at least for me. All my friends are telling me the Note 4 is too big, so I can imagine the look on their faces if I showed up with a Mega.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am actually very impressed with the Note 4. It is the one device that may tempt me to defect from iOS. I really like what I'm seeing. The only reason I really have not to go to the Note 4 is that I like my iPad Air so much. I actually use it more than my iPhone. So I don't know if I would be willing to give up the extra screen space on my iPad for the Note 4. Because if I got the new Note it would be to have an all in one device. So no more iPad.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My Note 3 is very audible... I like to things off the speaker all the time.. My car doesn't have a hookup sadly :(.

@Almeuit, I listen to podcasts using my Note 2's speaker. How loud is the Note 3's speaker? Have you read any reviews addressing the Note 4's speaker?

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Only one thing that disappoints me is the finger print scanner. Seems to be more gimmicky then actually used for a real since of security option. Pocket now folks mentioned that Samsung took the application over hardware route for the fingerprint scanner. But my question is...shouldn't the hardware be there also because you have to place your finger on the button on the front of the phone?

super note 3 user

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I am actually very impressed with the Note 4. It is the one device that may tempt me to defect from iOS. I really like what I'm seeing. The only reason I really have not to go to the Note 4 is that I like my iPad Air so much. I actually use it more than my iPhone. So I don't know if I would be willing to give up the extra screen space on my iPad for the Note 4. Because if I got the new Note it would be to have an all in one device. So no more iPad.
@doctorwaynewilliams, I don't know how large the iPad Air is but I have a Note 2 and a Galaxy Tab S 10.5". I find that I'm happy using my Note 2 when the tablet is sitting right next to me. I go to the tablet when I want to watch a movie or play a game like Rote (love/hate that game). I can't express enough how much I have loved the large display and quality of my Note 2. I'm getting very excited for the Note 4!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
@Almeuit, I listen to podcasts using my Note 2's speaker. How loud is the Note 3's speaker? Have you read any reviews addressing the Note 4's speaker?

My Note 3 one gets pretty loud.. I am hoping the Note 4 is just as good. I use my speaker for music in the car but also for speakerphone and I love it.... It's just the Note 4 speaker being on the back worries me a tad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae