Anyone disappointed with Note 4?

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I am actually very impressed with the Note 4. It is the one device that may tempt me to defect from iOS. I really like what I'm seeing. The only reason I really have not to go to the Note 4 is that I like my iPad Air so much. I actually use it more than my iPhone. So I don't know if I would be willing to give up the extra screen space on my iPad for the Note 4. Because if I got the new Note it would be to have an all in one device. So no more iPad.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing about my nexus 7. Then I bought the note and now I barely ever use my tablet. Just not necessary unless for movies or long videos. Its a great all in one IMO.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I finally got a chance to spend some time with the Note 4 yesterday. I wasn't disappointed but I guess I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, the look was great, it was super fast, screen/graphics looked impressive and the camera was awesome. But in comparison to my Note 3 I realized I could stick with the 3 and be totally happy. All that said, I'll still buy the Note 4, but the gap between the 3 and 4 wasn't as large as I thought it would be.

Posted via Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think people are just expecting too much and expecting Samsung to reinvent the wheel. Every aspect of this phone seems to have been updated except maybe the speaker. That will be determined by the user and your preference.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Skye Hui

May 7, 2014
Visit site
There isn't any huge difference between note 3 n note 4, the few difference between them r the specs wise n some minor tweaks with the spen function. Design is obviously different, just a tiny bit disappointed with the USB 2 thou but it isn't a big disappointment for me. If anyone is using a note 3, note 4 would be a waste of money to get unless u got tonnes of spare cash to use...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin_fan

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm very impressed with the hardware of my white note 4 here in Seoul. I was disappointed on the OS. When I buy this big phone, I'm expecting to see more content at once. But I was wrong. I see BIG content! Every button and letters/characters are big! I never had any app which is optimized to this screen size. They are just the same app which you can see on smaller android devices. But still happy here since I bought this as a media consumption device. My primary phone is still a BlackBerry Q10. The Galaxy Note 4 has a really great screen. Very good for youtube and movies on the go. I hope that samsung/developers can modify the UI in the future to really use that screen just like what apple did to their 6+.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm very impressed with the hardware of my white note 4 here in Seoul. I was disappointed on the OS. When I buy this big phone, I'm expecting to see more content at once. But I was wrong. I see BIG content! Every button and letters/characters are big! I never had any app which is optimized to this screen size. They are just the same app which you can see on smaller android devices. But still happy here since I bought this as a media consumption device. My primary phone is still a BlackBerry Q10. The Galaxy Note 4 has a really great screen. Very good for youtube and movies on the go. I hope that samsung/developers can modify the UI in the future to really use that screen just like what apple did to their 6+.

Actually, many 6 plus owners are complaining about the same thing, that Apple phone apps are being just upscaled for the bigger screen, rather than being rewritten to take advantage of the bigger screen. (This wasn't the case for Ipads that had their own app versions, different from the IPhone version, that do take advantage of the bigger screen.)

kevin_fan

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Actually, many 6 plus owners are complaining about the same thing, that Apple phone apps are being just upscaled for the bigger screen, rather than being rewritten to take advantage of the bigger screen. (This wasn't the case for Ipads that had their own app versions, different from the IPhone version, that do take advantage of the bigger screen.)

How I wish I can just install apps written for 7" tablets on this phone. I think they look better on this screen size.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think that I'm going with the Note 4. Started to feel silly waiting for the iPhone 6 Plus. Ordered on September 19th and was told that I may get it between November 9-27th. That's just unacceptable.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk

orporter

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store near me where the reception is strong, tower just down the road. My Note 3 which has weak reception compared to my Note 2 and my wife's i phone 5 and now 6, read -101 in the settings. The Note 4 showed -102. These are both almost weak, 3 bars, must be same radios. I am a little concerned that they did note bump up the reception on the new Note 4.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store near me where the reception is strong, tower just down the road. My Note 3 which has weak reception compared to my Note 2 and my wife's i phone 5 and now 6, read -101 in the settings. The Note 4 showed -102. These are both almost weak, 3 bars, must be same radios. I am a little concerned that they did note bump up the reception on the new Note 4.

I guess I haven't really paid much attention to the difference in reception. However, AT&T is strong where I live so I get good reception everywhere I go.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk