09-22-2014 12:22 PM
86 1234
tools
    While I believe that an 8MP camera is fine for 99% of everyday shooting, I would rather have the flexibility of the new Note 4 16MP camera. I have zero interest in an iPhone. I would not deviate from Android over a couple of specs. With a Note 4, you get the flexibility of Google Apps, Samsung apps and third-party apps. With an iPhone, you get only Apple and third-party only. Personally, I think Android is more intuitive than Apple and more customizable.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    lazerproof likes this.
    09-12-2014 08:26 AM
    I'm sorry but iPhone made it bigger but if you say Note 4 didn't add much to note 3 then neither did the iPhone. There were more upgrades to me via Samsung than apple to me. Doesn't mean iPhone wont be stunning device of course
    09-12-2014 09:33 AM
    While I believe that an 8MP camera is fine for 99% of everyday shooting, I would rather have the flexibility of the new Note 4 16MP camera. I have zero interest in an iPhone. I would not deviate from Android over a couple of specs. With a Note 4, you get the flexibility of Google Apps, Samsung apps and third-party apps. With an iPhone, you get only Apple and third-party only. Personally, I think Android is more intuitive than Apple and more customizable.

On the other hand, there are IOS exclusive apps, that are specially implemented for the IPad and hopefully now for the IPhone 6 plus.
    If an Android version should appear, it seldom looks as good. That's why I own an IPad in addition to my Note 3. I agree Android also has a lot going for it. But neither system totally trumps the other.

Posted via Android Central App
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2014 09:45 AM
    On the other hand, there are IOS exclusive apps, that are specially implemented for the IPad and hopefully now for the IPhone 6 plus.
    If an Android version should appear, it seldom looks as good. That's why I own an IPad in addition to my Note 3. I agree Android also has a lot going for it. But neither system totally trumps the other.

Agreed. It's all personal preference.

nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2014 09:53 AM

I don't really see the point in running a tablet app on a 5.5 inch phone. Phone apps look just fine on the note. I agree that some tablet apps look horrible on android tablets but on a phone, whether the size apps look fine on android.
    09-12-2014 10:47 AM
    128GB iPhone 6 Plus on Verizon is looking mighty tasty.
    for $949, it better be! it will be more than $1000 after tax.... must be the most expensive smartphone ever. (not counting those $20,000 gold-plated with diamond surrounds, of course)
    09-12-2014 12:36 PM
    I don't really see the point in running a tablet app on a 5.5 inch phone. Phone apps look just fine on the note. I agree that some tablet apps look horrible on android tablets but on a phone, whether the size apps look fine on android.
    Yes, phone apps LOOK fine on a phone. But a larger screen affords the opportunity of running tablet apps on a phone. Why is that tablet app perhaps better on a big phone? The tablet version generally has a more user friendly interface because it can frequently show two or more columns of information, instead of only one column. Very often Android has only a phone version of the app and misses the chance to use the extra horizontal screen space of a bigger phone for a better interface experience. The phone app looks fine enlarged onto a big screen, but isn't as easy to use when options or information have to be accessed from another key.

On the other hand, it looks like that isn't happening with larger IPhone 6 plus. It was pointed out that its keyboard would have extra function keys showing along both sides of the regular keyboard, that with the smaller screen IPhone 6, won't show. There you must expose them in a separate keyboard, by first making another key press on the more abbreviated keyboard.

09-12-2014 12:48 PM
    What I don't understand is why apple are holding onto a 8 mega pixel camera which has been in all other previous iPhones for the past 2 years. I appreciate they have modified it with new features to enhance it but surely they could have increased the mega pixel rate to say 10 or 12 whilst applying those same enhancements that they have just put on the 8 mega pixel? I'm no photographer but wouldn't that give even more superior pics? Or are they deliberately holding off on such an update to include it in next years 's' model to milk yet more money out of the consumer ???
    This is probably what they are doing.

Posted from my S5
    09-12-2014 02:08 PM
    What I don't understand is why apple are holding onto a 8 mega pixel camera which has been in all other previous iPhones for the past 2 years.
    Because MPs on their own don't translate to higher quality photos. There are other factors such as f stop, OIS, sensor quality, lens quality, software enhancements, and more. Apple knows that high MPs will contribute noise to a picture without proper hardware.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-12-2014 02:33 PM
    for $949, it better be! it will be more than $1000 after tax.... must be the most expensive smartphone ever. (not counting those $20,000 gold-plated with diamond surrounds, of course)
    I bet you are paying more for the 128Gb than you are for the phone itself lol.

09-12-2014 03:18 PM
    Sorry but all this release now! and Ip 6 threads are getting annoying.

This forum is and should be about the Note if people want to discuss the other phone, why not use Imore ?

If some people can't wait a month or however long it takes go ahead and buy something else, what's so difficult about that?
    Also it isn't smart to buy on release day anyway I'd rather wait a few weeks and give them time to phase out all the bugs and by then custom ROMS will be released, root methods and other stuff too.
    09-12-2014 03:34 PM
    On three

IPhone 6 plus

£51 a month for unlimited texts and data. Wouldn't want to pay that much
    09-12-2014 03:41 PM
    128GB iPhone 6 Plus on Verizon is looking mighty tasty.
    iPhone interface looking mighty long in the tooth.
    09-12-2014 03:56 PM
    Well, what's the Note 4's price?
    09-12-2014 03:59 PM
    Well, what's the Note 4's price?
    based on what I've read so far, the Verizon Note 4 will be $799(full retail) or $299(2-year contract).

I seriously doubt that Samsung will base Note 4's pricing based on what Apple charges for the iPhone 6 Plus.

However, I'm pretty sure that Verizon will have the Note 4 for as low as $99 around Thanksgiving, based on what they've done with the Note 2 and Note 3 in the past.
    09-12-2014 05:05 PM
    Now take in mind I hate Iphones, but Sammy better do something fast before they take the market share judging by pre-sales. On the other hand.... Maybe it will reduce the N4 price?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    09-12-2014 06:18 PM
    When was the last time an ANALyst was ever right?
    09-12-2014 06:39 PM
    New improved call quality doesn't sound 3 years old. It sounds long overdue for every cell phone. 64 bit A8 processor and a separate motion processor doesn't sound 3 years old either. Nor does a new sensor and faster focusing using pixel pairs sound old either. A built in barometer is new too. Sure it only boasts the old 8 megapixels, but Apple pixels are not the same. They are larger giving them better low light performance with less noise. A new IOS 8 is less likely to cause major upgrade headaches for an Iphone than any Android upgrade is where it has to work with a multitude of Android devices. Having a new large screen is old, but having the pull down feature to more easily access the top of the screen is new. While I love my Note 3, I don't believe the Note 4 has been improved enough to compete with the new I phone 6 plus in important ways, except for the S-pen, which I rarely use. Therefore, for the first time, I may be forced to consider an IPhone for my next phone.

They also called it "Retina HD" its still a 1080 screen and that resolution is far less than the Note 4, still 2 years behind the rest of the world and still outdated. They can spin the marketing BS anyway they want but they are LATE as usual.
    09-12-2014 06:40 PM
    Specs, specs, specs, specs, specs, specs, specs.

When you compare an iPhone to an Android phone, that's all you talk about. It's ridiculous. Specs don't matter. Get over it already. If the phone works as intended, is fluid, and does what you need it to do, what does it matter? Resolutions, pixel counts, RAM. It doesn't matter. You can have a camera with 1,000,000 megapixels, but it could still be sh*t. The Note 3 had 3GB of RAM but still lagged at times. Its all about how the tools are utilized to make it a cohesive experience.
    09-12-2014 07:13 PM
    Specs, specs, specs, specs, specs, specs, specs.

When you compare an iPhone to an Android phone, that's all you talk about. It's ridiculous. Specs don't matter. Get over it already. If the phone works as intended, is fluid, and does what you need it to do, what does it matter? Resolutions, pixel counts, RAM. It doesn't matter. You can have a camera with 1,000,000 megapixels, but it could still be sh*t. The Note 3 had 3GB of RAM but still lagged at times. Its all about how the tools are utilized to make it a cohesive experience.
    Maybe it was YOUR note 3 that was lagging.

ohbreeeezy and Raptor007 like this.
    09-12-2014 07:52 PM
    When was the last time an ANALyst was ever right?
    didn't government analysts also concluded that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? look at how well their expert analysis and intelligence came out....

on the other hand, I think most people who are hooked on the Samsung Galaxy Note(1, 2, 3) phones are unlikely to switch to the iPhone 6 Plus just for the bigger screen.

for me, I will only switch to iPhones once Apple realizes that there is a big market for people who want and need user replaceable batteries and MicroSD card slots in their smartphones. Oh, wait, I'll have probably have a better chance waiting for my dog to learn to speak French.
    09-12-2014 08:14 PM
    New improved call quality doesn't sound 3 years old. It sounds long overdue for every cell phone. 64 bit A8 processor and a separate motion processor doesn't sound 3 years old either. Nor does a new sensor and faster focusing using pixel pairs sound old either. A built in barometer is new too. Sure it only boasts the old 8 megapixels, but Apple pixels are not the same. They are larger giving them better low light performance with less noise. A new IOS 8 is less likely to cause major upgrade headaches for an Iphone than any Android upgrade is where it has to work with a multitude of Android devices. Having a new large screen is old, but having the pull down feature to more easily access the top of the screen is new. While I love my Note 3, I don't believe the Note 4 has been improved enough to compete with the new I phone 6 plus in important ways, except for the S-pen, which I rarely use. Therefore, for the first time, I may be forced to consider an IPhone for my next phone.

No band 12 LTE, so no for me!
    09-12-2014 08:25 PM
    Funny thing is most waiting for iPhone 5.5 won't get it till end of mid October from the sounds.
    09-12-2014 10:10 PM
    Funny thing is most waiting for iPhone 5.5 won't get it till end of mid October from the sounds.
    Yes and maybe even beyond that. I'm going to enjoy strolling into my local O2 store and picking up my note 4

Posted from my S5
    09-13-2014 09:36 AM
    didn't government analysts also concluded that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? look at how well their expert analysis and intelligence came out....

on the other hand, I think most people who are hooked on the Samsung Galaxy Note(1, 2, 3) phones are unlikely to switch to the iPhone 6 Plus just for the bigger screen.

for me, I will only switch to iPhones once Apple realizes that there is a big market for people who want and need user replaceable batteries and MicroSD card slots in their smartphones. Oh, wait, I'll have probably have a better chance waiting for my dog to learn to speak French.
    Really, the best you could come up with was GW Bush's lies about WMD's, pretty lame. Analysts in the tech world get things wrong all the time, they get some things right, but do some research first.

I have likely owned more smartphones dating back 13-14 years than you have owned in your lifetime and I have used EVERY OS except for Symbian, so BlackBerry, Windows Smartphone, PocketPC, Windows Phone 7,8, iOS 4-5S, Android from Froyo to KitKat and your point it WHAT?

I will go with what best meets my needs and it changes frequently. There is no such thing as a perfect anything its all about a users impressions and what they want, it likley isn't perfect to the person standing next to them, but it could be to the person next to that person, and so on.

Get what you want I don't care I will get what I want.

BTW, Samsung HAS lost sales already to Apple, not sure if its Android converts, or if its Apple buyers who went back to iOS for the larger screen not that Timmy Cook finally got it done.

The fact that Samsung has NOT executed on a plan for price, launch, availability by carrier/country is a huge issue, and apple does execute those well since they sent the terms per carrier and they just accept it.

That said until you actually use both phones you cannot actually compare both phones. Have you used the 6 Plus and Note 4? I suspect not.
    sqa4life and nikkisharif like this.
    09-13-2014 10:41 AM
86 1234