Samsung will loose customers if the Note 4 price is not announce TODAY 9/11.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
But why would anyone want a phone that had specs that are 3 years old?

New improved call quality doesn't sound 3 years old. It sounds long overdue for every cell phone. 64 bit A8 processor and a separate motion processor doesn't sound 3 years old either. Nor does a new sensor and faster focusing using pixel pairs sound old either. A built in barometer is new too. Sure it only boasts the old 8 megapixels, but Apple pixels are not the same. They are larger giving them better low light performance with less noise. A new IOS 8 is less likely to cause major upgrade headaches for an Iphone than any Android upgrade is where it has to work with a multitude of Android devices. Having a new large screen is old, but having the pull down feature to more easily access the top of the screen is new. While I love my Note 3, I don't believe the Note 4 has been improved enough to compete with the new I phone 6 plus in important ways, except for the S-pen, which I rarely use. Therefore, for the first time, I may be forced to consider an IPhone for my next phone.

Posted via Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
New improved call quality doesn't sound 3 years old. It sounds long overdue for every cell phone. 64 bit A8 processor and a separate motion processor doesn't sound 3 years old either. Nor does a new sensor and faster focusing using pixel pairs sound old either. A built in barometer is new too. Sure it only boasts the old 8 megapixels, but Apple pixels are not the same. They are larger giving them better low light performance with less noise. A new IOS 8 is less likely to cause major upgrade headaches for an Iphone than any Android upgrade is where it has to work with a multitude of Android devices. Having a new large screen is old, but having the pull down feature to more easily access the top of the screen is new. While I love my Note 3, I don't believe the Note 4 has been improved enough to compete with the new I phone 6 plus in important ways, except for the S-pen, which I rarely use. Therefore, for the first time, I may be forced to consider an IPhone for my next phone.

Stay away from the people's temple called Apple

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I love the iPhone and all, but to get this straight, the incremental changes Apple made to the iPhone are more significant than the incremental changes Samsung made? The A8 chip is not going to be that much better than the A7 chip in day to day use and sure the 64 bit chip is cool, but like 2k screens are unnecessary right now. Its just that extra piece of hardware that Apple makes the consumer "believe" they need when at this point, they don't. The camera is a minor improvement over the 5s and the only big difference made is the size and look. The rest of the changes to the iphone have no real "obvious" change in a consumers day to day activity that will make them look at their 5s and go "I have to upgrade! My device cant compete with that!!" the 5s is STILL getting the ios 8 update just like the rest of the devices so all in all, there really isnt anything significant Apple did other than wake up to join the big phone party.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Apple is working to get you to upgrade your IPhone 5S with its incremental changes.
Sooner or later, most IPhone users will probably get another IPhone, whether this year or next.

But having loss market share to Android users who want a larger screen, Apple is trying to get some of these users back, as well as appeal to people who have only bought Android in the past, because Android had the bigger screens.
(It remains to be seen if this move will alienate further those Apple users who are holding on to the IPhone 3 because of its small screen)

Apple has lost market share to Android because of poor battery time.BTW, the 64 bit chip, while not necessary for software not written for it, will still allow for better efficiency of running that software and net better battery time for the IPhone. This becomes especially important for the bigger screens which need more power. So the 64 bit chip. and a larger phone space for a larger battery, is designed to answer this IPhone criticism.

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
What I don't understand is why apple are holding onto a 8 mega pixel camera which has been in all other previous iPhones for the past 2 years. I appreciate they have modified it with new features to enhance it but surely they could have increased the mega pixel rate to say 10 or 12 whilst applying those same enhancements that they have just put on the 8 mega pixel? I'm no photographer but wouldn't that give even more superior pics? Or are they deliberately holding off on such an update to include it in next years 's' model to milk yet more money out of the consumer ???

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
While I believe that an 8MP camera is fine for 99% of everyday shooting, I would rather have the flexibility of the new Note 4 16MP camera. I have zero interest in an iPhone. I would not deviate from Android over a couple of specs. With a Note 4, you get the flexibility of Google Apps, Samsung apps and third-party apps. With an iPhone, you get only Apple and third-party only. Personally, I think Android is more intuitive than Apple and more customizable.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but iPhone made it bigger but if you say Note 4 didn't add much to note 3 then neither did the iPhone. There were more upgrades to me via Samsung than apple to me. Doesn't mean iPhone wont be stunning device of course

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
While I believe that an 8MP camera is fine for 99% of everyday shooting, I would rather have the flexibility of the new Note 4 16MP camera. I have zero interest in an iPhone. I would not deviate from Android over a couple of specs. With a Note 4, you get the flexibility of Google Apps, Samsung apps and third-party apps. With an iPhone, you get only Apple and third-party only. Personally, I think Android is more intuitive than Apple and more customizable.

On the other hand, there are IOS exclusive apps, that are specially implemented for the IPad and hopefully now for the IPhone 6 plus.
If an Android version should appear, it seldom looks as good. That's why I own an IPad in addition to my Note 3. I agree Android also has a lot going for it. But neither system totally trumps the other.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
On the other hand, there are IOS exclusive apps, that are specially implemented for the IPad and hopefully now for the IPhone 6 plus.
If an Android version should appear, it seldom looks as good. That's why I own an IPad in addition to my Note 3. I agree Android also has a lot going for it. But neither system totally trumps the other.

Agreed. It's all personal preference.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I don't really see the point in running a tablet app on a 5.5 inch phone. Phone apps look just fine on the note. I agree that some tablet apps look horrible on android tablets but on a phone, whether the size apps look fine on android.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't really see the point in running a tablet app on a 5.5 inch phone. Phone apps look just fine on the note. I agree that some tablet apps look horrible on android tablets but on a phone, whether the size apps look fine on android.

Yes, phone apps LOOK fine on a phone. But a larger screen affords the opportunity of running tablet apps on a phone. Why is that tablet app perhaps better on a big phone? The tablet version generally has a more user friendly interface because it can frequently show two or more columns of information, instead of only one column. Very often Android has only a phone version of the app and misses the chance to use the extra horizontal screen space of a bigger phone for a better interface experience. The phone app looks fine enlarged onto a big screen, but isn't as easy to use when options or information have to be accessed from another key.

On the other hand, it looks like that isn't happening with larger IPhone 6 plus. It was pointed out that its keyboard would have extra function keys showing along both sides of the regular keyboard, that with the smaller screen IPhone 6, won't show. There you must expose them in a separate keyboard, by first making another key press on the more abbreviated keyboard.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
What I don't understand is why apple are holding onto a 8 mega pixel camera which has been in all other previous iPhones for the past 2 years. I appreciate they have modified it with new features to enhance it but surely they could have increased the mega pixel rate to say 10 or 12 whilst applying those same enhancements that they have just put on the 8 mega pixel? I'm no photographer but wouldn't that give even more superior pics? Or are they deliberately holding off on such an update to include it in next years 's' model to milk yet more money out of the consumer ???

This is probably what they are doing.

Posted from my S5

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
What I don't understand is why apple are holding onto a 8 mega pixel camera which has been in all other previous iPhones for the past 2 years.

Because MPs on their own don't translate to higher quality photos. There are other factors such as f stop, OIS, sensor quality, lens quality, software enhancements, and more. Apple knows that high MPs will contribute noise to a picture without proper hardware.

Posted via the Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
for $949, it better be! :) it will be more than $1000 after tax.... must be the most expensive smartphone ever. :) (not counting those $20,000 gold-plated with diamond surrounds, of course)

I bet you are paying more for the 128Gb than you are for the phone itself lol.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but all this release now! and Ip 6 threads are getting annoying.

This forum is and should be about the Note if people want to discuss the other phone, why not use Imore ?

If some people can't wait a month or however long it takes go ahead and buy something else, what's so difficult about that?
Also it isn't smart to buy on release day anyway I'd rather wait a few weeks and give them time to phase out all the bugs and by then custom ROMS will be released, root methods and other stuff too.

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, what's the Note 4's price?

based on what I've read so far, the Verizon Note 4 will be $799(full retail) or $299(2-year contract).

I seriously doubt that Samsung will base Note 4's pricing based on what Apple charges for the iPhone 6 Plus.

However, I'm pretty sure that Verizon will have the Note 4 for as low as $99 around Thanksgiving, based on what they've done with the Note 2 and Note 3 in the past.