09-22-2014 12:22 PM
86 123 ...
tools
    As iPhone 6 preorder will be starting tomorrow, 9/12. Still no word on the Note 4 prices. I think Sammy will lose a few more customers if they don't announce the price today!

What do you guys think?
    09-11-2014 12:12 PM
    As iPhone 6 preorder will be starting tomorrow, 9/12. Still no word on the Note 4 prices. I think Sammy will loose a few more customers if they don't announce the price today!

What do you guys think?
    Nah. This happens every year but this is the first time I've actually paid attention to what Apple does. In a few more weeks the mania will be over and we will all be glued to our new Notes!

Posted via Android Central App
    sqa4life and anon8380037 like this.
    09-11-2014 12:21 PM
    its $299 on contract, $800 off.

I think most people would expect this.
    b_slow1 and sqa4life like this.
    09-11-2014 12:23 PM
    As iPhone 6 preorder will be starting tomorrow, 9/12. Still no word on the Note 4 prices. I think Sammy will loose a few more customers if they don't announce the price today!

What do you guys think?
    They are going to lose a lot of customers either way. The small screen on the iPhone 5 prevented a lot of sales. While the specs are not that impressive on the new iPhone they addressed many of the major weaknesses such as screen size, nfc, keyboard, and widgets.

On the other hand, I have a feeling pricing on the 6+ is going to be $800-$1000. If the note is less it really would help to know that before I phones are on the market.

sqa4life likes this.
    09-11-2014 12:27 PM

That's what I'm assuming too.
    09-11-2014 02:03 PM
    Why? Can't people wait leas than a month?
    09-11-2014 02:06 PM
    128GB iPhone 6 Plus on Verizon is looking mighty tasty.
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.
    09-11-2014 04:35 PM
    128GB iPhone 6 Plus on Verizon is looking mighty tasty.
    IPhone and verizon, ..... match made in hell....lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2014 04:38 PM
    Since it is a matter of switching platforms I don't think people will just jump to the iPhone since it is being released and the Note 4 isn't till October.... unless they were already on the fence. Such as me .. I will simply wait .. Do I wish Samsung would release the Note 4 sooner? Yeah ... But it doesn't mean a 2, 3, or 4 week wait is going to make me instantly abandon Android and go to iPhone.
    09-11-2014 05:02 PM

If accurate, people might loose their mind

Posted via LG G3 Sprint
    09-11-2014 08:32 PM
    IPhone and verizon, ..... match made in hell....lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    Both of them Verizon and Iphone need a marriage counseling, to stop screwing this damn thing, lol

Posted via LG G3 Sprint
    09-11-2014 08:35 PM
    Galaxy Note 4 w/ 128GB microSD card equals 160GB of storage, still out does iphone phablet in screen, battery size, battery life, total storage, etc, etc. etc.
    09-11-2014 09:14 PM
    If accurate, people might loose their mind

Posted via LG G3 Sprint
    Why would people lose their mind? ? The Note series has always started off at $300 with contact/$800 off. It's nothing new or a big surprise. You get what you pay for.
    09-11-2014 10:55 PM
    Since it is a matter of switching platforms I don't think people will just jump to the iPhone since it is being released and the Note 4 isn't till October.... unless they were already on the fence. Such as me .. I will simply wait .. Do I wish Samsung would release the Note 4 sooner? Yeah ... But it doesn't mean a 2, 3, or 4 week wait is going to make me instantly abandon Android and go to iPhone.
    Indeed, certainly when my note 3 is still a great device.
    09-11-2014 11:23 PM
    But why would anyone want a phone that had specs that are 3 years old?
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung will loose customers if the Note 4 price is not announce TODAY 9/11.-1410492264169.jpg  
    09-11-2014 11:24 PM
    iSheeps
    Manky Boy likes this.
    09-12-2014 12:02 AM
    Because it falls under that "everyone is doing it" saying. It's for those who feel they need to have an iPhone to be a part of the "in" crowd for some sad, immature type of reason.

09-12-2014 01:02 AM
    I honestly dont mind those who truly like an iPhone for it's pure simplicity because, it is much simpler to use than an Android device which is perfectly fine. It's those who want one just to have one to be a part of the "in" crowd that I shake my head at.

nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2014 01:04 AM
    09-12-2014 01:18 AM
    "LOSE" not "LOOSE"
    xxx420, OhAlfie, jennifer and 7 others like this.
    09-12-2014 02:47 AM
    New improved call quality doesn't sound 3 years old. It sounds long overdue for every cell phone. 64 bit A8 processor and a separate motion processor doesn't sound 3 years old either. Nor does a new sensor and faster focusing using pixel pairs sound old either. A built in barometer is new too. Sure it only boasts the old 8 megapixels, but Apple pixels are not the same. They are larger giving them better low light performance with less noise. A new IOS 8 is less likely to cause major upgrade headaches for an Iphone than any Android upgrade is where it has to work with a multitude of Android devices. Having a new large screen is old, but having the pull down feature to more easily access the top of the screen is new. While I love my Note 3, I don't believe the Note 4 has been improved enough to compete with the new I phone 6 plus in important ways, except for the S-pen, which I rarely use. Therefore, for the first time, I may be forced to consider an IPhone for my next phone.

rajnet likes this.
    09-12-2014 04:38 AM
    New improved call quality doesn't sound 3 years old. It sounds long overdue for every cell phone. 64 bit A8 processor and a separate motion processor doesn't sound 3 years old either. Nor does a new sensor and faster focusing using pixel pairs sound old either. A built in barometer is new too. Sure it only boasts the old 8 megapixels, but Apple pixels are not the same. They are larger giving them better low light performance with less noise. A new IOS 8 is less likely to cause major upgrade headaches for an Iphone than any Android upgrade is where it has to work with a multitude of Android devices. Having a new large screen is old, but having the pull down feature to more easily access the top of the screen is new. While I love my Note 3, I don't believe the Note 4 has been improved enough to compete with the new I phone 6 plus in important ways, except for the S-pen, which I rarely use. Therefore, for the first time, I may be forced to consider an IPhone for my next phone.

Stay away from the people's temple called Apple

09-12-2014 04:58 AM

I love the iPhone and all, but to get this straight, the incremental changes Apple made to the iPhone are more significant than the incremental changes Samsung made? The A8 chip is not going to be that much better than the A7 chip in day to day use and sure the 64 bit chip is cool, but like 2k screens are unnecessary right now. Its just that extra piece of hardware that Apple makes the consumer "believe" they need when at this point, they don't. The camera is a minor improvement over the 5s and the only big difference made is the size and look. The rest of the changes to the iphone have no real "obvious" change in a consumers day to day activity that will make them look at their 5s and go "I have to upgrade! My device cant compete with that!!" the 5s is STILL getting the ios 8 update just like the rest of the devices so all in all, there really isnt anything significant Apple did other than wake up to join the big phone party.

09-12-2014 05:26 AM
    I don't think Apple is working to get you to upgrade your IPhone 5S with its incremental changes.
    Sooner or later, most IPhone users will probably get another IPhone, whether this year or next.

But having loss market share to Android users who want a larger screen, Apple is trying to get some of these users back, as well as appeal to people who have only bought Android in the past, because Android had the bigger screens.
    (It remains to be seen if this move will alienate further those Apple users who are holding on to the IPhone 3 because of its small screen)

Apple has lost market share to Android because of poor battery time.BTW, the 64 bit chip, while not necessary for software not written for it, will still allow for better efficiency of running that software and net better battery time for the IPhone. This becomes especially important for the bigger screens which need more power. So the 64 bit chip. and a larger phone space for a larger battery, is designed to answer this IPhone criticism.

09-12-2014 07:15 AM
    What I don't understand is why apple are holding onto a 8 mega pixel camera which has been in all other previous iPhones for the past 2 years. I appreciate they have modified it with new features to enhance it but surely they could have increased the mega pixel rate to say 10 or 12 whilst applying those same enhancements that they have just put on the 8 mega pixel? I'm no photographer but wouldn't that give even more superior pics? Or are they deliberately holding off on such an update to include it in next years 's' model to milk yet more money out of the consumer ???
    09-12-2014 07:33 AM
86 123 ...