The iPhone 6 and 6+ go on sale tomorrow, will Samsung continue to leave its prospective buyers scratching their heads about the N4 or will they at least release some information for us?
    09-17-2014 09:51 AM
    I think someone mentioned that BestBuy is taking in-store preorders for the Note 4, just no word yet on final pricing.
    09-17-2014 10:00 AM
    I thought they go on sale on the 19th not the 18th?
    09-17-2014 10:16 AM
    I think someone mentioned that BestBuy is taking in-store preorders for the Note 4, just no word yet on final pricing.
    pre-orders have started?
    09-17-2014 10:17 AM
    According to a post here in the forums (can't find it, though!) yup, they are, but only in-store since the webpage, of course, is all about iPhone this week.

UPDATE: I found it. It seems I misread it hehe. Preorders START on the 19th, with a release date, apparently, in October
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post3900157
    09-17-2014 10:22 AM
    No news from UK carriers
    09-17-2014 12:05 PM
    I apologize, but I meant to start discussion on whether it would be in Samsung's best interest to announce something tomorrow? If they don't, will they risk losing sales to Apple since the iPhone will be available?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-17-2014 01:55 PM
    I apologize, but I meant to start discussion on whether it would be in Samsung's best interest to announce something tomorrow? If they don't, will they risk losing sales to Apple since the iPhone will be available?

Probably not. I have to believe that the vast majority of people who are going to get the iPhone 6/6+ day 1 were never in the running to buy an Android device. There might be one-off examples to the contrary but by and large if you're buying an iPhone tomorrow, you were always going to buy an iPhone.
    09-17-2014 02:15 PM
    I don't think they need to announce anything tomorrow unless it's a "HA! We tricked you! Note 4 is out today and cheaper than you thought! Take that, Newton-fruit!".

People who have preordered the iPhone didn't even consider the Note 4 (all companies have their fanboys, I just find iFanboys to be some of the blindest ones), and a new product announcement would just make things even worse for Sammy since they have the S5 and the metal version coming to compete with the iPhone 6 and the upcoming Note 4 to battle it out with the iPhone 6 Plus.

Right now the only thing that could help them sell more is to ACTUALLY have the device out, not just announced.
    09-17-2014 02:18 PM

As I said in another thread I don't believe so ... Except for people that may already be on the fence about staying with Android. If someone really likes Android .. They are not going to just jump ship to iPhone because it simply released sooner ... Only those that may be on the fence about the switch may do that ... But others will wait .
    reesh11 likes this.
    09-17-2014 02:19 PM
    Those that really want the note will wait. Alot who have ordered the iPhone won't get theirs to mid October anyway
    09-17-2014 02:28 PM