10-03-2014 12:18 PM
436 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Yea I'm thinking it will be a ding because under trade in amount it will most likely show that you received 200 since Samsung only gives you the difference up to 200.
    09-20-2014 10:13 PM
    i have never been charged an activation fee. I pre-ordered the Note 4 yesterday and the activation is free.

OFFICIAL: US Note 4 Avaliable Oct. 17th -- Preorders start Sept. 19th-capture.jpg
    09-20-2014 11:03 PM
    I'm on sprint and people used to be able to transfer the ESN to the new device and avoid upgrade fees

Posted via Android Central App
    From what I recall, Sprint upgrade fee is $36 if you get a subsidized phone. You can switch esn anytime on Sprint without cost, same as Verizon.

Of note, att upgrade fee is $40,and Verizon upgrade fee is $30.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    09-21-2014 12:07 AM
    The Verizon rep asked if I would use my current sim card, I said yes. Will I still get a new card with the Note 4?
    No, you won't. I always ask for a new SIM card excuse each time I have tried moving my current Verizon 4G SIM card to a new phone it has failed to activate and I have had to drive to a Verizon corporate store to get a new one.
    You can probably just have them update your order to include one.. It will be no charge.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk
    09-21-2014 03:53 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can still get the subsidized price if you're eligible for an upgrade.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 3
    09-21-2014 04:35 AM
    I took a liking to the Samsung Gear 2 watch at the store, will it work with the Note 4? Kinda pricey though.
    09-21-2014 06:29 AM
    Nope, the dimensions are different, and the Note 4 does not have a USB 3.0 plug.
    So? USB 3.0 going to 2.0 means little for cases. If the dimensions were the same you could use a note 3 case with the note 4
    09-21-2014 08:25 AM
    Oh ok. What phone do you have now? I have the note 3 and my battery life isn't good at all.
    I also have a Note 3. Just like any other phone, the battery isn't as good as the day it came out of the box, but I still get a full day out of it with light use and about 8-10 hours out of it with heavy use. But I also have a spare battery so I just swap out when I get home from work and I'm back at 100%.

I also have the Gear 2 so that helps that I'm not pulling the phone out every 10 minutes to look at my notifications. I love the watch and I'll be getting the Gear S when it comes out also.
    09-21-2014 09:07 AM
    So? USB 3.0 going to 2.0 means little for cases. If the dimensions were the same you could use a note 3 case with the note 4
    That's what he was trying to say. With the USB difference, hence there's a change in the dimensions as the Note 3 Case is really built for Note 3. The charging outlet for USB 2.0 is smaller than USB 3.0

Posted via the Android Central App
    Dankees likes this.
    09-21-2014 09:08 AM
    That's what he was trying to say. With the USB difference, hence there's a change in the dimensions as the Note 3 Case is really built for Note 3. The charging outlet for USB 2.0 is smaller than USB 3.0

Posted via the Android Central App
    If all things were equal.... And the difference was just a 2.0 port instead you COULD use a note 3 case on a note 4.... The thing in the bottom doesn't actually go into the port so it wouldn't matter
    09-21-2014 09:10 AM
    I also have a Note 3. Just like any other phone, the battery isn't as good as the day it came out of the box, but I still get a full day out of it with light use and about 8-10 hours out of it with heavy use. But I also have a spare battery so I just swap out when I get home from work and I'm back at 100%.

I also have the Gear 2 so that helps that I'm not pulling the phone out every 10 minutes to look at my notifications. I love the watch and I'll be getting the Gear S when it comes out also.
    Once I received my replacement note 3 using my old battery, it is actually getting better battery life than in recent months. Maybe it was starting from scratch again reinstalling all of my apps and changing the notification settings or maybe it was simply due to the fact I was getting better reception and the phone wasn't constantly searching anymore. I have always wondered if plugging it in 3-4 times a day would cause battery life issues down the road. So far, it hasn't.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    09-21-2014 09:13 AM
    I took a liking to the Samsung Gear 2 watch at the store, will it work with the Note 4? Kinda pricey though.
    Yes it will work. I have it now and I love it. The new Gear S will be out next month so you might wanna wait for that. It will be more expensive (I read about $389 or so) but that also means the Gear 2 might get a price drop at the same time.
    09-21-2014 09:14 AM
    If all things were equal.... And the difference was just a 2.0 port instead you COULD use a note 3 case on a note 4.... The thing in the bottom doesn't actually go into the port so it wouldn't matter
    The sizes are very close, so the cases might fit (gel type will have a better chance than the hard clip on one's. The ones that replace the back will not work at all), but remember: the Note 4 moved the speaker to the back. So you will have to cut a hole in the neck of the case. There is a second mic where the Note 3 speaker was at the bottom so it looks like that hole might line up with the case. And finally the Note 4's camera lens is bigger, lower on the back and the flash is separated from the lense do it is also moved father down.
    In conclusion you might be able to make it work work done cutting, but as cheap as cases are I would just but the right one and include the old cases in the sale when I sell the Note 3.
    09-21-2014 09:28 AM
    The sizes are very close, so the cases might fit (gel type ephod have a better chance than the hard clip on one's. The ones that replace the back will not work at all), but remember: the Note 4 moved the speaker to the back. So you will have to cut a hole in the neck of the case. There is a second mic where the Note 3 speaker was at the bottom so it looks like that hole might line up with the case. And finally the Note 4's camera lens is bigger, lower on the back and the flash is separated from the lense do it is also moved father down.
    In conclusion you might be able to make it work work done cutting, but as cheap as cases are I would just but the right one and include the old cases in the sale when I sell the Note 3.
    I was stating hypotheticals here. If ALL was equal but the 3.0 to 2.0 ports the case for note 3 would work on the note 4. Obviously it isn't and thus probably not even an ideal fit
    09-21-2014 09:30 AM
    I have an old HTC touch Pro 2 and my current Samsung S3. Do you think that I can trade in my old HTC against the Samsung pre-order promotion and keep my S3 as a backup?
    09-21-2014 09:40 AM
    Ordered the Note 4 via ATT account yesterday...shipping Oct. 14th.
    Replacing my GS4.
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-21-2014 09:49 AM
    Question for those on AT&T, I have 4 lines on my account and none are qualified for an upgrade anytime soon

But if I buy the note 4 outright, ($825 currently), I don't have to worry about needing an upgrade availability, correct?

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    09-21-2014 09:59 AM
    Question for those on AT&T, I have 4 lines on my account and none are qualified for an upgrade anytime soon

But if I buy the note 4 outright, ($825 currently), I don't have to worry about needing an upgrade availability, correct?

Correct. I'm not eligible til June 2016 and I just ordered via Best Buy outright last night.

mchi5 likes this.
    09-21-2014 10:23 AM
    Correct. I'm not eligible til June 2016 and I just ordered via Best Buy outright last night.

Awesome. So glad to hear that.

Trying to decide if I want to pre-order it or just go in Friday Oct 17 to the store to buy it. .

09-21-2014 10:47 AM
    The dimensions are different.
    09-21-2014 11:39 AM
    Anyone else who pre-ordered the Note4 via AT&T receive an estimated ship date of Sept 23-25? At first, my instant email order confirmation from Sept 18 said "ships on or around Oct 14." Then I received a text message 12-hrs after that: "AT&T Free Msg: Congratulations! Your order has been processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped." I then checked my order status online and now have an estimated ship date for next week (Sept 23-25). I'm not holding my breath though.
    ohbreeeezy, BigZman95 and mchi5 like this.
    09-21-2014 11:41 AM
    Anyone else who pre-ordered the Note4 via AT&T receive an estimated ship date of Sept 23-25? At first, my instant email order confirmation from Sept 18 said "ships on or around Oct 14." Then I received a text message 12-hrs after that: "AT&T Free Msg: Congratulations! Your order has been processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped." I then checked my order status online and now have an estimated ship date for next week (Sept 23-25). I'm not holding my breath though.
    Wow that would be amazing if it shipped so early. Please keep us updated because if that's true I'm gonna pre-order it now!

09-21-2014 11:43 AM
    The dimensions are different.
    I said IF..... Geez
    09-21-2014 12:13 PM
    Sprint didn't say when they're doing pre-orders or a release.. Only AT&T, Verizon, and T-Moblie have so far.
    Sprint pre-orders start on the 26th of September
    09-21-2014 02:36 PM
    So when do you think we can expect retailers to get floor models? I really want to check one out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-21-2014 02:37 PM
436 ... 1112131415 ...