10-03-2014 01:18 PM
436 ... 1415161718
tools
    Hopefully there will be an earlier release.
    09-23-2014 02:42 PM
    I waited this long for it, WTH is another 4 weeks.
    pwscott, Baby_Doc and jrvtecaccord like this.
    09-23-2014 02:55 PM
    Lets say we forget about that article today about it coming out early in Korea. What about the release date here in the states for Verizon? Their website says ships by Oct 23rd. Ive heard people saying the launch is Oct 26th, and then Ive also heard Oct 17th. Has anyone heard anything credible?
    09-23-2014 03:48 PM
    I guess people are confuse about the trade in value of their phone.
    You are NOT getting $200 for ANY smart phone you trade in.
    Let say they appraise your phone samsung s3 at $80, samsung will double that = $160. If my crappy old smart phone worth $20, i'll get $40; if your note 2/3 worth $190 you'll get $200....from Samsung.
    You're wrong
    09-23-2014 04:23 PM
    I read an article from cnet confirming korea's launch date, they said it may possibly lead to an early october launch in the states. So far though none of the dates mentioned are official. The 17th was supposedly the official date for the US but never confirmed by samsung. Samsung is supposed to announce the official dates within the next day or so. They will be haveing a release date party in korea whatever day that may be. By then we should have a solid date in the US.
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-23-2014 04:29 PM
    Is there really any reason why you would pre-order a phone? Carriers should incentive Pre-orders by allowing the person to get the phone early or a little discount. I am planning on getting the note 4, but when I have pre-ordered another device it will usually arrive a day later due to shipping. For example, I pre-ordered the note 3, but if I would of waited till release day there was plenty of stock at the stores and my phone arrived a few days later. I really see no point at all in this process.

Posted via Android Central App
    Not sure if anyone has replied yet, but yes. Samsung has a $200 trade in offer on any working phone w/ TIV of at least $10.
    www.samsunggalaxypromotions.com\note4
    09-23-2014 04:31 PM
    Lets say we forget about that article today about it coming out early in Korea. What about the release date here in the states for Verizon? Their website says ships by Oct 23rd. Ive heard people saying the launch is Oct 26th, and then Ive also heard Oct 17th. Has anyone heard anything credible?
    That's the mystery I'm interested in solving too. Release dates are all over the place. AT&T is listed at Oct. 14, whereas Verizon says 'AVAILABLE BY' Oct. 23, which isn't any sort of shipping promise (otherwise they would put 'SHIPS BY'). Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon!
    09-23-2014 04:45 PM
    No more hints? Do tell....

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    Note the day... Friday

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-23-2014 05:40 PM
    Note the day... Friday

Hmm...my guess is a release date for the Note Edge. Although it would be nice, it is hard to see carriers in the US changing release dates on the fly.
    09-23-2014 05:46 PM
    So why do we care that it is coming early to Korea? If I am not getting it any earlier (I pre-ordered) or anyone else in the U.S. who cares?

Wish they'd release it early to us also
    09-23-2014 05:51 PM
    Should you be releasing that info publically?

well, the guy didn't tell me it was a secret...
    09-23-2014 06:08 PM
    Come on people... wake up!! The specs of the Note 4 don't include 4gb of Ram that's fake totally fake and also I saw that link long time ago on amazon even some friend was try to prevent people to fall in the scam and if you read this advice people don't spend the money on it, also I saw some links on ebay the price is twice compare to the Amazon of course same fake specs.... again please don't buy the phone on website before you know how really is the original just wait a little more there is not reason to hurry up... new devices has new software and new software have not support yet so most of the apps in the store aren't working on it so take it slow....
    09-23-2014 06:37 PM
    Interesting that Samsung are going to release the Note 4 at a lower price point and sooner in Korea. I would have imagined that's the market where the Note 4 would have had the strongest presence? Seems like Samsung are gearing up for a really aggressive Note 4 push to try and ward off Apple.

Though, it's understandable that analysts and Samsung would be worried about Apple entering the 'phablet' space.

Samsung seem to be in a tough position in the phone market now. They're getting beaten by Apple in the high end where iPhones are continuing to sell very strongly (despite constrained supply and no China release) and Apple of course make an extremely healthy profit per phone sold. Then they make even more from the ecosystem with a cut of every app/song/show/movie sold. Samsung get a lower cut per device and then don't get any additional income with app/music/movie sales from the Play Store, as they go to Google.

And on the low end market, Chinese companies such Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo etc are making good enough devices cheaper than Samsung are.

I'm not sure how Samsung can turn things around. It's not like Samsung are on the verge of bankruptcy by any means, but the higher-ups at Samsung expect profits in the mobile sector to grow, not recede.

In any case, the price has gone up for the Note 4 here in Australia and the release date pushed back to the end of October. Would have liked it cheaper and earlier, but whatever. I'll still check it out when it's released.
    Nibs likes this.
    09-23-2014 07:47 PM
    09-23-2014 08:11 PM
    Just called best buy in Cedar rapids iowa,they said that the sprint note 4 was available for pre order at the same time the iPhone went on order!will stop buy tomorrow, get back with results ♤

09-23-2014 08:13 PM
    That can't be right...

The Note 4 isn't out until Oct. 17. Maybe they meant the Note 3 or something else.
    09-23-2014 09:15 PM
    Sprint pre orders start this Friday. Other carriers like Verizon started on September 19th.
    09-23-2014 09:40 PM
    Friday you can get hands on w note 4, edge, VR @ bby

Meh...
    09-23-2014 10:25 PM
    Makes no difference when it comes , 16th, 17th, I will be ready.. I have already ordered the exact same kickstand bumper case, along with two tempered glass screen protectors that I have on my Note 3. AFter 11 months, my Note 3 looks brand new!! Cases and screen goes on my Note 4 on Day 1..
    09-23-2014 11:05 PM
    Makes no difference when it comes , 16th, 17th, I will be ready.. I have already ordered the exact same kickstand bumper case, along with two tempered glass screen protectors that I have on my Note 3. AFter 11 months, my Note 3 looks brand new!! Cases and screen goes on my Note 4 on Day 1..
    Where did you order your case from?
    09-23-2014 11:56 PM
    Tmobile pre-order page is up early (wasn't supposed to be until at 9am PST).
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Phablet Superphone | Galaxy Note 4 | T-Mobile
    09-24-2014 03:50 AM
    So why do we care that it is coming early to Korea? If I am not getting it any earlier (I pre-ordered) or anyone else in the U.S. who cares?

Wish they'd release it early to us also
    It's nice for the Koreans

Who clearly have good taste in phones lol

Posted from my S5
    09-24-2014 06:05 AM
    Interesting that Samsung are going to release the Note 4 at a lower price point and sooner in Korea. I would have imagined that's the market where the Note 4 would have had the strongest presence? Seems like Samsung are gearing up for a really aggressive Note 4 push to try and ward off Apple.

Though, it's understandable that analysts and Samsung would be worried about Apple entering the 'phablet' space.

Samsung seem to be in a tough position in the phone market now. They're getting beaten by Apple in the high end where iPhones are continuing to sell very strongly (despite constrained supply and no China release) and Apple of course make an extremely healthy profit per phone sold. Then they make even more from the ecosystem with a cut of every app/song/show/movie sold. Samsung get a lower cut per device and then don't get any additional income with app/music/movie sales from the Play Store, as they go to Google.

And on the low end market, Chinese companies such Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo etc are making good enough devices cheaper than Samsung are.

I'm not sure how Samsung can turn things around. It's not like Samsung are on the verge of bankruptcy by any means, but the higher-ups at Samsung expect profits in the mobile sector to grow, not recede.

In any case, the price has gone up for the Note 4 here in Australia and the release date pushed back to the end of October. Would have liked it cheaper and earlier, but whatever. I'll still check it out when it's released.
    Apple have always sold more than samsung. The s4 sold about 60 million in its entire run, the iPhone 5S probably sold double that. The new iPhones may impact on the sales of samsung's flagships but it's way too early to tell yet. I think people are just jumping to conclusions. Just because Apple released bigger phones they are not going to suddenly reclaim the market. In fact apple have never been the biggest OEM in the world. Before samsung it was Nokia. Apple's position is really distorted. They do well in the US but outside they are way off the mark when it comes to competing with Android. In Europe for example android has 71% of the market share in comparison to Apple's 22% . In some countries like Spain Android has over 90% of the market share. So the fact that Apple has released some bigger phones and samsung are getting squeezed by Chinese companies and having falling profits is going to do little to change overall market share.

Posted from my S5
    09-24-2014 06:13 AM
    My Note 3 was looking brand new as well after 11 months. I had to replace it a couple of weeks ago due to the reception issues. So, mine is basically brand new condition now. I will most likely get the Note 4, but was debating on getting a case. I probably will just for a little added protection. My Note 3 only had the Spigen slim case on it. No screen protector as I like the feel of the glass. However, I have never really dropped it. Mainly, it was for added grip so I wouldn't drop it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    09-24-2014 06:50 AM
    You can preorder the Note 4 now on tmobile...they once again lied about the timing of their preorders.......
    09-24-2014 07:24 AM
436 ... 1415161718