10-03-2014 12:18 PM
436 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Is there any word on the availability on Amazon? I'm interested specifically in the Verizon version. I have to pay full retail (unlimited data plan) and have a gift card to Amazon.
    09-19-2014 03:17 AM
    I'm in a similar situation, also have a chunky Amazon gift card I'd like to put towards the Note 4. I guess it's a waiting game now.
    09-19-2014 04:04 AM
    Has anyone noticed that Att pre-order ship by date on their website says 10/14? Tought every carrier was releasing it on 10/17. I'm on Verizon and a little jelly. They always seem to get the devices to their customer's first :-(
    09-19-2014 04:23 AM
    Yeah, I posted that in the preorder/release thread. Conversely, Verizon's listing their date as later - 10/23 - but they often do that when they get a lot of orders and then ship on time anyway for many of the orders.
    09-19-2014 04:34 AM
    I just hope they don't do what they did to me with the g3 pre-order. Ordered within the first hr and order ended up being lost in the system. Took hours and days of stressful phone calls before it got taken care of. Was a very big mess.
    09-19-2014 04:55 AM
    With regard to the Galaxy Note 4 pre-order/trade-in promotion from Samsung, it says you get a maximum $190 rebate when you get a Galaxy Note 4 (pre-order) and trade-in a phone with minimum $10 trade-in value ($200 total). What if my smartphone has no trade-in value? Do I just get the maximum $190 credit?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-19-2014 06:12 AM
    With regard to the Galaxy Note 4 pre-order/trade-in promotion from Samsung, it says you get a maximum $190 rebate when you get a Galaxy Note 4 (pre-order) and trade-in a phone with minimum $10 trade-in value ($200 total). What if my smartphone has no trade-in value? Do I just get the maximum $190 credit?

09-19-2014 06:12 AM
    Sadly I don't believe you will receive the promotional credit. From what I've been hearing your trade-in must be worth a minimum of 10 dollars.
    09-19-2014 06:20 AM
    I just pre-ordered two black (only option but what I wanted) Note 4's on Edge. The site was a bit wonky but I got it done. It would only let me order one at a time even though you could tick off each phone line you wanted to upgrade.

I was OK with the price: $700 or $35/month for 20 months less a $25/line reduction in service fees for Edge. Net each Note will cost ~$100 over two years: $700-(25*24) = $100. Not bad as high end phones go these days
    09-19-2014 06:38 AM
    I'm on the east coast. I see the white now, I'm just going to wait until the black one shows up.
    09-19-2014 06:41 AM

My understanding is that it must be a minimum $10 tiv. My guess is that they want you trading in a decent phone, not some junk flip phone or some low end prepaid.

If you get a prepaid, it would have to be something like the moto g, which has a $20 tiv on Verizon and $15 tiv on best buy.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    09-19-2014 06:58 AM
    I just pre-ordered two black (only option but what I wanted) Note 4's on Edge. The site was a bit wonky but I got it done. It would only let me order one at a time even though you could tick off each phone line you wanted to upgrade.

I was OK with the price: $700 or $35/month for 20 months less a $25/line reduction in service fees for Edge. Net each Note will cost ~$100 over two years: $700-(25*24) = $100. Not bad as high end phones go these days

Strange, I can only see the white.
    09-19-2014 07:17 AM
    So when you pre-order, it gets delivered by mail/courier?
    On the same day as a store launch or before?

Wouldn't some like to wait at a store at midnight just for the hell of it, but by pre-ordering will have a guarantee of collection.

What if the mail / courier man ruins the box, like my Note 3. Someone put it loose in a very large A5 jiffy/padded envelope.
    The Note 3 / S5 boxes are dire.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    09-19-2014 07:25 AM
    Verizon order placed just now. Black Mist color Note 4. They say ship on 10/23. $699 + PA State Tax.
    09-19-2014 07:39 AM
    I just checked AT&T, have the note 4 for pre-order. Said it will ship on October 14

I haven't pre-order yet. Need to wait until after October 11

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    09-19-2014 07:44 AM
    Example: If your phone has a TIV of $25, Samsung will send you a check for $175
    If your phone has a TIV of $100, Samsung will send you a check for $100

The phone MUST have a TIV of at least $10 to be eligible
    You CANNOT submit multiple phones as trades to get to the $10 min TIV

TIV = trade in value
    This doesn't make any sense. So if you have a Note 2 with a TIV of $180, you only get a check for $20, while if you have some ancient phone from 2009 with a TIV of $10, you get a check for $190? Why would Samsung give you more money the crappier your trade in is? I'm not going to trade in my Note 2 for $20!!!

There's a lot of other stuff in this trade in deal that needs to be clarified. I don't see how it even works if you pre-order the Note 4 online -- how do you turn your old phone in? Plus the medium fine print says you will receive "the difference between $200 and the trade-in amount (minimum $10) provided by a participating retailer." So the retailer determines the trade-in amount??

The links on the promotion page for "Contact Us" (if you need assistance, which apparently anyone who tries to make sense of this deal does) and "Terms and Conditions" (for actual instructions on how to participate) are dead, despite the fact the offer says it became valid at midnight last night.
    09-19-2014 08:08 AM
    This doesn't make any sense. So if you have a Note 2 with a TIV of $180, you only get a check for $20, while if you have some ancient phone from 2009 with a TIV of $10, you get a check for $190? Why would Samsung give you more money the crappier your trade in is? I'm not going to trade in my Note 2 for $20!!!

There's a lot of other stuff in this trade in deal that needs to be clarified. I don't see how it even works if you pre-order the Note 4 online -- how do you turn your old phone in? Plus the medium fine print says you will receive "the difference between $200 and the trade-in amount (minimum $10) provided by a participating retailer." So the retailer determines the trade-in amount??

The links on the promotion page for "Contact Us" (if you need assistance, which apparently anyone who tries to make sense of this deal does) and "Terms and Conditions" (for actual instructions on how to participate) are dead, despite the fact the offer says it became valid at midnight last night.
    1. Preorder the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 From any carrier or retailer in the U.S. from 9/19 through 10/16.

2. Trade in any working smartphone (at your carrier or retailer).

3. Starting 10/10, come back to this site to submit your purchase and trade-in information

4. Enter your contact information (name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, and date of birth)

5. Enter your device's HEX MEID or IMEI number and wi-fi MAC address.

6. Upload both pre-order and trade-in receipts for validation.

Hope that clears up the how.

I read the TIV from the carrier will be credited to you bill and the Samsung is a physical check.

Not sure tho...

the trade in amount is determined by the carrier. There is actually a trade in estimator in their respective websites of the carriers. However, those values from the estimator do not guarantee that you will get that value tho...

It's a business... Ultimately the big guys have to earn. But that doesn't mean you can't find a way to flip it for a profit on our end

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    09-19-2014 08:11 AM
    For those buying outright on AT&T, it says you can get a $15 credit every month on your mobile share. Has anyone done this before? I think it's a pretty decent deal. Also I get a discount from the college I attended does this apply to new phone purchases? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App
    09-19-2014 08:21 AM
    Can you choose any overnight shipping during checkout or only the free 2 day?
    09-19-2014 08:27 AM
    Got it. If you want black, use the mobile website.
    09-19-2014 08:28 AM
    Not sure on the college credit thing but on the AT&T Next Plan the $15.00 credit each month is applied on the mobile share plans cost if it is less than a 10GB plan and is actually $25.00 credit for mobile share plans 10GB and greater. This credit is applied to each device on that mobile share plan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
    09-19-2014 08:41 AM

My understanding is that it must be a minimum $10 tiv. My guess is that they want you trading in a decent phone, not some junk flip phone or some low end prepaid.

If you get a prepaid, it would have to be something like the moto g, which has a $20 tiv on Verizon and $15 tiv on best buy.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    09-19-2014 08:48 AM
    Checked my t-mobile store today. They (a) claimed to know nothing about a release date; nor (b) the pre-order offer. Will check back next week.

Samsung's $200 offer is excellent--although to be frank, that's about what I think I could get selling my current phone used and bundled as a package with extra battery, screen protector, case, etc. It just makes it a bit easier than eBay.
    09-19-2014 09:15 AM
    Checked my t-mobile store today. They (a) claimed to know nothing about a release date; nor (b) the pre-order offer. Will check back next week.

Samsung's $200 offer is excellent--although to be frank, that's about what I think I could get selling my current phone used and bundled as a package with extra battery, screen protector, case, etc. It just makes it a bit easier than eBay.
    Not surprised they don't know anything. Probably too preoccupied with the iPhone 6 release.

I have to admit that I am a bit jealous that Apple and iPhone gets all the media coverage and attention. Guess what happens when so many other options for Android, like Samsung, HTC, LG, etc

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    09-19-2014 09:17 AM
    This deal is very confusing.

Now, can I trade in my Galaxy Nexus at Best Buy and upgrade through Verizon Wireless at Best Buy? I ask for a few reasons.

The first is, Best Buy estimates this phone is worth $11.25 - $25.00, while Verizon estimates it at $9.00.

Second, I am due the $50 gift card for upgrading my phone at Best Buy during 2014.

Third, if I choose to upgrade via the Comcast deal (Verizon Wireless with XFINITY® Triple Play from Comcast), through my father-in-law's Comcast account, I can also get a $200 Visa card. So, can I trade my phone in at Best Buy and upgrade via the Comcast link? Does the trade-in and upgrade need to be done with the same retailer?
    09-19-2014 09:18 AM
436 ... 56789 ...