OFFICIAL: US Note 4 Avaliable Oct. 17th -- Preorders start Sept. 19th

InfinitiFX35

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
So i preordered at the Verizon store, they were befuddled when I asked to preorder the Note 4, they said you can't yet until one person knew about it. You think they would be well versed on what is coming out on what day.

Anyways, they can't give me a trade-in-value for my droid until I turn it in. So how do I gather this info to be eligible to receive the Samsung pre-order offer? I know it is worth a whole $18 trade-in-value, but it gets me in the door for the $200 total savings...

So how is this done?

InfinitiFX35

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 to be released on October 4 - Price $899

So how do I acquire the trade-in-value info if I have to hold on to my phone until I receive the new one? Can someone lead me in the right direction? Thank You.

I ordered at Verizon today and they thought I was wrong when I said the pre-order is today. Go figure...

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just pre ordered Note 4 from Verizon and have a couple of ?

Why on the first page does it say free overnight shipping and after you complete your order it changes to free 2 day shipping?

I also had an early upgrade available and they soaked me this new $30.00 upgrade fee. Is this just a new way for Verizon to rip you for an extra $30.?

Now, I wait...........................:p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just pre ordered Note 4 from Verizon and have a couple of ?

Verizon always charges upgrade (or activation fees if you're a new customer) when getting a new phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The upgrade fee isn't new, Verizon implemented it over 2 years ago. If you don't want to pay the upgrade fee, then just don't upgrade at subsidized pricing. Otherwise, no way around it. And it isn't bad, relatively speaking, att charges a $40 upgrade fee.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon always charges upgrade (or activation fees if you're a new customer) when getting a new phone.
Only when doing subsidized pricing. Buying a new phone on edge or full retail would avoid the upgrade fee. You are correct that Activation fees are charged for new lines of service.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm not a new customer. I usually pay full price for the latest phones and never heard of the $30. upgrade fee. I guess I'm getting a $400. discount and should not complain.

What's up with them switching shipping from overnight to 2 day?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Samsung just sent me this:

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reading your e-mail, I understand that you have concerns regarding trade in your phone for Galaxy Note 4.

I understand your requirement and provide you with the necessary information.

I would like to inform you that you can pre order the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and get a guaranteed total trade-in of $200 on any working smart phone. Fulfilled as a check equal to the difference of $200 less the trade-in value of your eligible working mobile phone at the time of trade in. Trade in value of working mobile phone must be at least $10 to be eligible.

We need to purchase the device by providing the full amount if the trade in value is less than $10.

Please access the web link below the see the terms and conditions.

Link : https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/

What does that bold line (bolded by me) mean?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

There's no way that it costs $30 to activate a phone

Posted via Android Central App
No it doesn't, but it is a fee regardless. If you don't agree, like I said above, buy using another method, or move to another carrier.

AEgyo

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

It means you don't get the rebate at all. I'm sure that's a typo. Just replace the word 'we' with the word 'you'

You need to purchase the device by providing the full amount if the trade in value is less than $10.

AEgyo

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

So how do I acquire the trade-in-value info if I have to hold on to my phone until I receive the new one? Can someone lead me in the right direction? Thank You.

I ordered at Verizon today and they thought I was wrong when I said the pre-order is today. Go figure...

Trade it in when you get your Note 4. Trade in doesn't have to be on the same day as when you pre-order.

SunshineJDoh

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I preordered two Note 4s this morning (one black, one white) that were upgrades. Did everyone else also receive the 'Ship by 10/23' message? AT&T is still showing 'Ship by 10/14', so I'm a bit puzzled as to why Verizon is 10/23 when I ordered first thing. Did anyone receive a 10/17 date from Verizon?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I preordered two Note 4s this morning (one black, one white) that were upgrades. Did everyone else also receive the 'Ship by 10/23' message? AT&T is still showing 'Ship by 10/14', so I'm a bit puzzled as to why Verizon is 10/23 when I ordered first thing. Did anyone receive a 10/17 date from Verizon?

Mine is the same ship by 10/23 date. Verizon is always late to the game.

onesojourner

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I have not seen any Verizon people say they have a ship date before 10/23.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

how do you do the trade in process? Is there a webpage on carrier's website? (say AT&T)
Never done this before.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone that pre ordered from Verizon show free overnight shipping or just free 2 day like mine?

SunshineJDoh

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Mine also shows Free 2-Day shipping, despite the advertised Overnight Shipping. Lame, Verizon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781