OFFICIAL: US Note 4 Avaliable Oct. 17th -- Preorders start Sept. 19th

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy offer $200 gift card with preorder

Unfortunately it says not available with any other trade in offers. Would be nice though.
So you pre-order the Note 4 at Best Buy, then trade in a working smartphone for $10. Best Buy gives you a gift card worth $200 under this Best Buy promotion, AND Samsung gives you $190 (under the separate Samsung guarantee of at least $200 trade-in value for any smartphone with a value of $10 or more)???

Wow, if you can get both of those deals, that would be pretty sweet.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

You can get a 10% off card for Best Buy in an address change kit available at any post office. Not sure if it works on phones or not.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Note 4: Pre-order Now vs. Buy in Store?

Since I have to buy the phone outright and more than likely from Best Buy, I am torn as to whether to go ahead and order now or to wait til release. Buying at this high a price will make me an Elite member with Best Buy points. It also saves me from having to go 50 min away to the store and deal with mindless employees with no knowledge. On the other hand the price could drop (I kno I can get the difference up to 15 days after purchase) and I could have to wait the weekend to get my phone. I am going to pay for overnight shipping but if you guys can think of any other reasons to wait/order now I appreciate it. I remember when I got the Note 3 (first one there) not only did it take forever but the rep almost went over my data trying to restore my phone! I don't have unlimited data and I'm sure he knew that. But anyway input is helpful. Has anyone else preordered from Best Buy?

Posted via Android Central App

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately it says not available with any other trade in offers. Would be nice though.

Yeah, but one offer is from Best Buy, one is from Samsung. How is Best Buy to know (and why would they care) that you are also getting the Samsung deal? The Samsung deal apparently requires you to submit evidence of your trade-in and its value, which you presumably could still do even though Best Buy has chosen to give you a $200 gift card.

So I'm still not convinced that one cannot get both of these deals.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 to be released on October 4 - Price $899

I pre-order because I get it at least a day before people who go to the store, I don't have to drive to the store, wait in line and have to deal with the ***** sales people who don't know anything.

I guess I'm sort of small town living. Never a line to wait in, and one day earlier? That's not incentive enough to pre order, different strokes for different folks. As long as we are all enjoying our new note 4,😂

Note 3,,,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but one offer is from Best Buy, one is from Samsung. How is Best Buy to know (and why would they care) that you are also getting the Samsung deal? The Samsung deal apparently requires you to submit evidence of your trade-in and its value, which you presumably could still do even though Best Buy has chosen to give you a $200 gift card.

So I'm still not convinced that one cannot get both of these deals.
I "think" I understand what you said.
-Pre-order a note 4 from BB and get/keep the receipt for proof of purchase.
-Trade in your old phone with BB and get credit from BB
-trade in your 2nd old phone with Samsung and submit your proof of purchase; get another credit from Samsung

Am I right?

If so, I think that might work. Unless BB mark on the receipt that they've already grant you the credit, then Sammy might not honor your 2nd trade-in

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 4: Pre-order Now vs. Buy in Store?

With all the excitement on going now, I'd say go for Best Buy & save your time! Good luck! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 to be released on October 4 - Price $899

I guess I'm sort of small town living. Never a line to wait in, and one day earlier? That's not incentive enough to pre order, different strokes for different folks. As long as we are all enjoying our new note 4,??????

Note 3,,,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING

It definitely depends where you live. I never pre-order phones because I want to try them in person first, but where I live you have to stand in line and wait for everything. And this is for all the carriers. They won't even let you walk in the stores to look around without signing in and waiting in line. And I'm not talking about a phone release - just everyday all day long it's like that. They often are out of stock of just about everything. Phone releases are of course much worse. I always go home and order online after going to a store because even once you are there and have waited in line forever just to look at it, it is more hassle and longer wait to get your phone in the store. Even with multiple stores in the same city, they will all be out of stock. Even months after a release, they can go through their entire stock daily in big metro areas.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 on Sprint.

True. The iPhone 6 and 6 plus have the usual 2 year contract price. I am pretty sure they won't make the Note 4 the exception not offering a 2 year contract price.

What about those of us who are on the plan they had before easy pay came along?

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Just pre ordered Note 4 from Verizon and have a couple of ?

No it doesn't, but it is a fee regardless. If you don't agree, like I said above, buy using another method, or move to another carrier.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

I'm on sprint and people used to be able to transfer the ESN to the new device and avoid upgrade fees

JAY Daniels1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

If you do edge no activate fee or upgrade fee. Since Sprint filed a letter to the fcc the fcc made Verizon wireless add this fee.

JAY Daniels1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

Can't sell before 10.17.14 each store gets its own allocation don't know what your getting until usually you receive the box the day before.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 on Sprint.

What about those of us who are on the plan they had before easy pay came along?

Are you eligible for a new phone right now? Easy pay is just an additional option as I understand it. I am going to call my Sprint business rep on Monday and ask about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678