OFFICIAL: US Note 4 Avaliable Oct. 17th -- Preorders start Sept. 19th

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Oct 17th or 23rd??

It releases on the 17th. They may just be shipping it by the 23rd due to the amount of orders they must've received.

pmaisonet

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

ok cool thanks! I wasnt sure cause I ordered mine the time it went live and even then it said ships by the 23rd.

SunshineJDoh

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Mine is Oct. 23 as well. I am wondering about Amazon though, since they have the Verizon Wireless version of the Note 4 with the availability saying Oct. 17. If I knew that Amazon would actually meet the Oct. 17 date, I'd cancel the direct order with Verizon.

SunshineJDoh

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

After chatting with Amazon, it appears their earliest delivery date would be October 20th, if you select 1 Day Shipping. So, potentially earlier than Verizon itself, depending on when Verizon *actually* ships.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Uhm... I'm pretty sure the 23rd is just a general anticipated delivery date that was set before the actual release date was known. The 17th is the day retailers will expect to receive their orders.

SunshineJDoh

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Really? But the 10/23 date became viewable as soon as the pre-order page went live on 9/19, so I believe at that point Verizon was well aware of the 10/17 release date. I know it's silly to wonder about a week's difference (10/17 vs 10/23), but I'm sure some are wondering nonetheless.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

I pre-ordered my Note 4 with AT&T on 9.20.2014 and they charged my credit card within 2 minutes of pressing the continue/process button? I thought they would wait until it shipped to charge my credit card like they did last year for my Iphone 5S. I also did the Next program because I get a nice monthly discount already and I love getting a new phone every year so I wonder if that was a factor?

Either way I hope it ships before the 10.14.2014 date because I'm sure AT&T will have them in store on that date. My friend works for AT&T and he said they are telling him that's when they can start selling them. I don't know why AT&T is getting them earlier than all the other American carriers but I just saw they got the exclusive (don't know how long) on the new Samsung Galaxy Alpha for 9.26.2014 so maybe Samsung is favoring them more for some reason...

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I pre-ordered my Note 4 with AT&T on 9.20.2014 and they charged my credit card within 2 minutes of pressing the continue/process button? I thought they would wait until it shipped to charge my credit card like they did last year for my Iphone 5S. I also did the Next program because I get a nice monthly discount already and I love getting a new phone every year so I wonder if that was a factor?

Either way I hope it ships before the 10.14.2014 date because I'm sure AT&T will have them in store on that date. My friend works for AT&T and he said they are telling him that's when they can start selling them. I don't know why AT&T is getting them earlier than all the other American carriers but I just saw they got the exclusive (don't know how long) on the new Samsung Galaxy Alpha for 9.26.2014 so maybe Samsung is favoring them more for some reason...
They probably just put a hold for the amount or a temp charge to make sure you have enough to charge it. It should probably go away in a few days

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Since I did the Next program I'm only charged tax for the phone and that is what was charged on my credit card and I knew I would pay that amount. I used to work as a personal banker with Bank of America and this isn't a temp charge, it fully processed this morning and is now a charge on my credit card. It doesn't bother me I was just suprised they charged me right after I placed the order, I also have the ship/delievery date of 10.14.14 - 10.16.14 but I hope it ships out from the warehouse on 10.10.2014 or 10.11.2014 because I got my Iphone 5S within 2 days last year of it shipping.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Yes I've notice at&t seems to have the drop on other american carriers. I'm guessing its because at&t has the largest iphone user customer base. Since Samsung wishes to compete directly with iphone it would make sense for them to give at&t an earlier release.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Yes I've notice at&t seems to have the drop on other american carriers. I'm guessing its because at&t has the largest iphone user customer base. Since Samsung wishes to compete directly with iphone it would make sense for them to give at&t an earlier release.

I think you're right plus AT&T always seemed to have a good relationship with Samsung over the years even after the Iphone first launched. Most new phones I see coming are sold through AT&T no matter what OS they are using plus they are the largest GSM wireless carrier in America by a huge percentage. On the other hand Verizon seems to be the worst carrier when it comes to approving what new phones they are willing to carry plus they are CDMA like Sprint which probably makes it harder to get them to the American market and pushes back the release dates.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
"Galaxy Note 4 to launch ahead of schedule as Samsung sets ambitious sales targets"

Samsung Note 4 Article on AC

"Samsung is seemingly worried about the launch of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, and is said to be accelerating its release schedule for the Galaxy Note 4. While pre-order interest in the handset in Samsung's home market has been strong, with three major carriers — SK Telecom, KT, LG Uplus — running out of inventory in three days, Samsung is pushing up its launch window to September 26...." -AC

I wonder if this could impact our pre-order ship dates or carrier in-store on-sale dates??

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Galaxy Note 4 to launch ahead of schedule as Samsung sets ambitious sales targets"

So is there a chance we get them sooner in America?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Galaxy Note 4 to launch ahead of schedule as Samsung sets ambitious sales targets"

I am not sure Samsung needs to worry about Apple right now. While Apple sold over 10 million new IPhones in just 3 days since it was released (a new release record), they are pretty much sold out on the 6 plus. Since there is a good chance that stocks won't be replenished until late October or November, the Note 4 should have no competition in the meantime.

Posted via Android Central App

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Of that 10 million, do we know how many of them were pluses?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463