I've heard there is a feature on the note 4 that allow you to take picture of a text book/page and convert it to .pdf format.

Could someone please confirm this feature?

I watched a few videos on youtube but didn't see how they did it.

If true, this is the only feature that makes me upgrade from my note 3.

Thanks.
    09-18-2014 08:14 PM
    OP, I'm wondering if you're referring to this feature called Photo Note. It's mentioned about halfway down the page: Samsung GALAXY Note4 - Features
    If that really is the only reason you would upgrade, there are all kind of apps that do that. A couple examples are Camscanner and Quick PDF scanner. I have both of those on my Note 3. There are a lot of other apps that do it too. No need to spend a bunch of money on a new phone for that single feature. You can even share S-notes as PDF files so you could take a picture of a page and then do that as well, but the apps that are meant to specifically scan and convert to PDF are more functional.
    sqa4life likes this.
    09-18-2014 08:46 PM
    Yes I've seen something to that nature on youtube but i would have to look through the videos and find the one that demonstrated that feature.
    sqa4life likes this.
    09-18-2014 09:11 PM
    If that really is the only reason you would upgrade, there are all kind of apps that do that. A couple examples are Camscanner and Quick PDF scanner. I have both of those on my Note 3. There are a lot of other apps that do it too. No need to spend a bunch of money on a new phone for that single feature. You can even share S-notes as PDF files so you could take a picture of a page and then do that as well, but the apps that are meant to specifically scan and convert to PDF are more functional.
    I think the idea is to be able to annotate the picture with your S-pen.

Posted from my S5
    09-19-2014 01:21 AM
    I think the idea is to be able to annotate the picture with your S-pen.

Posted from my S5
    You can do that on the Note 3 too.
    09-19-2014 01:34 AM
    OP, I'm wondering if you're referring to this feature called Photo Note. It's mentioned about halfway down the page: Samsung GALAXY Note4 - Features
    09-19-2014 02:02 AM

At the 2:57 point he talks about Snap Note. It converts analog notes into digital form. Not from a photo, but might be what you're think of?
    09-19-2014 09:27 AM
    Yes that is a feature. Called Photo Note. you are able to use the camera to take a screen shot of a white board or anything and it will convert to text for edit and customization.
    09-19-2014 09:58 AM