Differences between Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the price difference, the only differences I see between the standard Note 4 and the Note 4 Edge are: (from Galaxy Note 4 vs. Note Edge: 5 Things Buyers Need to Know )

1. Edge is smaller (5.6 inch vs 5.7 inch)
2. Edge has smaller battery (3000 mah vs 3200 mah)
3. Edge has a (somewhat) cool curved edge

I suspect the last option will make it difficult (if not impossible) to put a "screen saver" on the phone - especially a glass one.

Can anyone suggest why you'd want to get the Edge over the standard Note 4??

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The big difference for me is "Note 4 works with Samsung Gear VR and Note Edge does NOT." That is a deal killer for me on the Edge, so I ordered the Note 4 this morning despite loving the idea of the Edge's side-viewable screen area.

For more detail see the Gear VR Specs where it says:

"Connection
microUSB 1.1 connection to the Galaxy Note 4"

I'd love to be shown wrong on this, I'd go Edge if this were not the case, but the bloggers who were at the Samsung launches confirmed it with Samsung is what I heard....might have been on the AC Podcast...

Aside from the price difference, the only differences I see between the standard Note 4 and the Note 4 Edge are: (from Galaxy Note 4 vs. Note Edge: 5 Things Buyers Need to Know )

1. Edge is smaller (5.6 inch vs 5.7 inch)
2. Edge has smaller battery (3000 mah vs 3200 mah)
3. Edge has a (somewhat) cool curved edge

I suspect the last option will make it difficult (if not impossible) to put a "screen saver" on the phone - especially a glass one.

Can anyone suggest why you'd want to get the Edge over the standard Note 4??

Last edited:

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The big difference for me is "Note 4 works with Samsung Gear VR and Note Edge does NOT." That is a deal killer for me on the Edge, so I ordered the Note 4 this morning despite loving the idea of the Edge's side-viewable screen area.

For more detail see the Gear VR Specs where it says:

"Connection
microUSB 1.1 connection to the Galaxy Note 4"

I'd love to be shown wrong on this, I'd go Edge if this were not the case, but the bloggers who were at the Samsung launches confirmed it with Samsung is what I heard....might have been on the AC Podcast...

I guess I'm just confused why the Edge is more expensive than the standard version. It has fewer features, except for the "edge". What was Samsung thinking??

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Note Edge's 5.6 screen maybe smaller, but it has an extra 160 pixel wide curve screen. So, it's 5.6" + 160 pixels.

I do not get why Samsung put a smaller battery in the Edge, considering it probably will use more juice due to the additional screen.

The fact that the Edge does not have metal is not confirmed. Some sites say it does.

I am on the fence to go 4 or Edge. I'd wait until I can play with the Edge to see how it works in real life. I don't have to play with Note 4, I know how that plays. :)

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
For me, the metal is a very minor point. I always have a small case on my phone, so, whatever the back and sides look like, they get hidden anyway.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
the majority do not use their phones naked. if you don't use a back protector and a screen saver (film) one drop can ruin your phone.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
there is very little activity on the Note Edge forum. I wonder if people just don't take it so seriously. If they look at it as a gimmick. I still think it looks pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol