want to convince myself this is a correct investment

voncat

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I am planning to buy Note 4 but I wonder if the specs & longevity will still be supported after 2-3 years? As I usually use my phone up to 2+ years and get it on contract, so I really want to convince myself this is a correct investment for me as this will be my first Smartphone. Thank you for any help in advance.

kalinskym

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
One word, Yes

Then again it's not 64 bit so it won't be the fastest phone after a year because of Android L support for 64 bit

Posted via the Android Central App

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If it helps, my Note 2 is going on 2 years and still looks and feels new. No case, but I did replace the plastic battery cover with carbon fiber. I am still on the fence over waiting for the Note 5.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If it helps, my Note 2 is going on 2 years and still looks and feels new. No case, but I did replace the plastic battery cover with carbon fiber. I am still on the fence over waiting for the Note 5.

Same here.... Actually I've dropped mine and glass shattered a little and fell out on the top left corner. But everything still works perfectly normal. I am however going to get the 4, as I think it's a worthy upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
One word, Yes

Then again it's not 64 bit so it won't be the fastest phone after a year because of Android L support for 64 bit

Posted via the Android Central App

I have yet to see anything showing 64 bit cpu improve android speed significantly. Personally, I don't think 64 bit will have any significance for another 4 years.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have always felt that my Note 3 was the first phone I have bought that would last me 2 years without thinking about throwing it at the wall at the 16 month mark. Such was the case with the galaxy nexus. Going into month 12, I feel this is still one of the top phones out there. The Note series always have top end specs and usually the latest processors. Most people complain that they didn't change enough with the Note 4. But, what could they really improve upon that they haven't? Camera tweaks, screen resolution, slight design change and stuff like quick charging, heart rate monitor and fingerprint scanner.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I am planning to buy Note 4 but I wonder if the specs & longevity will still be supported after 2-3 years? As I usually use my phone up to 2+ years and get it on contract, so I really want to convince myself this is a correct investment for me as this will be my first Smartphone. Thank you for any help in advance.

4 or 5 years ago smartphones didn't really have a 2 or 3 year lifespan - they "aged" quickly with all the improvements in hardware being made (in other phones that were not yours), with Google's advancement in android, and advancements in apps and capabilities, today's phone are good for 2 to 3 years. That's is, if you get a high end phone to start out with, such as the Note 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar