09-24-2014 10:03 PM
66 123
tools
    I have no issue with pre-ordering. They give you time to return it if you absolutely hate it. Since it's the same size as the Note 3 I think I'll be just fine.
    09-22-2014 07:45 PM
    not a fan of the note line.... aside from size it seems just like a basic phone, doesn't really have any innovative features, you can get phones with high specs that do
    09-22-2014 07:54 PM
    not a fan of the note line.... aside from size it seems just like a basic phone, doesn't really have any innovative features, you can get phones with high specs that do
    Come on. I don't own a Note device, but even I have to admit that it is the only phone on the market that is a real productivity phone. You can get actual things done on it, other than surfing the web and other useless garbage that most phones do.
    09-22-2014 08:26 PM
    I won't pre order anything, but note 4 is very close to existing product and most people know exactly what they are expecting, so pre order is probably not gonna result in surprises, unlike iPhone 6 plus.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-22-2014 08:33 PM
    Come on. I don't own a Note device, but even I have to admit that it is the only phone on the market that is a real productivity phone. You can get actual things done on it, other than surfing the web and other useless garbage that most phones do.
    Ok, I wasn't attacking anything here, just saying I'm not a fan.... but here's something to shoot back with. When you have a bunch of messages on the Note, you need to open, for example, the email app, texting app, whatsapp, facebook messenger, etc. That's not very productive, now is it? And when you say that you can actually get things done, what's that supposed to mean? Because you have a bigger screen you get "actually get things done?" Really? That's not a productive feature, that's just a preference. ex: I can just use a tablet. It has all of the same apps and a browser, just because another phone has a smaller screen doesn't make these things "useless garbage."
    09-22-2014 08:36 PM
    Ok, I wasn't attacking anything here, just saying I'm not a fan.... but here's something to shoot back with. When you have a bunch of messages on the Note, you need to open, for example, the email app, texting app, whatsapp, facebook messenger, etc. That's not very productive, now is it? And when you say that you can actually get things done, what's that supposed to mean? Because you have a bigger screen you get "actually get things done?" Really? That's not a productive feature, that's just a preference. ex: I can just use a tablet. It has all of the same apps and a browser, just because another phone has a smaller screen doesn't make these things "useless garbage."
    It's not really about the size of the screen, though it certainly helps. The best weapon that the Note lineup has for it is the S-Pen. Every year, Samsung improves the implementation and function of it, and it's really handy for a lot of things. There isn't another phone that can compete with it's versatility. That isn't to say it doesn't have problems. Samsung's UI is a mess at times, and I personally have always found the device to be too big for me to carry around daily.
    Z10NIZED likes this.
    09-22-2014 08:44 PM
    I can't wait lol. I'm going to pre-order it on T-Mobile at 12pm on Wednesday.

I have a Galaxy S4...... um yeah, I can't wait lol.
    09-22-2014 08:46 PM
    It's not really about the size of the screen, though it certainly helps. The best weapon that the Note lineup has for it is the S-Pen. Every year, Samsung improves the implementation and function of it, and it's really handy for a lot of things. There isn't another phone that can compete with it's versatility. That isn't to say it doesn't have problems. Samsung's UI is a mess at times, and I personally have always found the device to be too big for me to carry around daily.
    Ok thanks for the reply. I always perceived that the S-Pen was more of a gimmick that only implemented a few cool tricks. This isn't really the place to debate on Samsung/Android's basic functionality, but the fact that the pen is a real productivity tool is intriguing. It's a shame something like that is limited to Samsung.
    09-22-2014 08:50 PM
    I can wait, but I choose not to. I usually swap phones every 6 months. I've had the S3, Note 2, S4, Note 3, S5 and I just ordered the Note 4 as soon as it was available.
    beh likes this.
    09-22-2014 09:03 PM
    But, where's the stylus???

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    That will be offered in the Iphone 27 plus plus plus version due out in 2019 heheheheheh
    reesh11 likes this.
    09-22-2014 09:36 PM
    I can wait, but I choose not to. I usually swap phones every 6 months. I've had the S3, Note 2, S4, Note 3, S5 and I just ordered the Note 4 as soon as it was available.
    A techie after my own heart!
    09-22-2014 09:37 PM
    +1 on this!! I thought I was the only one obsessed with technology until I came to the forums and found that you all are just as delusional as me! Lol jk

Posted via Android Central App
    09-22-2014 10:12 PM
    I can wait... love my Note 3 but don't have a need to upgrade at this time. It would be nice, but it would also cost me full retail price... I just don't see that happening. Lol. I will be enjoying my Note 3 for now and waiting eagerly and with much anticipation for the Note 5 when my Verizon Edge allows me to upgrade at a subsidized price...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3...
    09-22-2014 10:16 PM
    Why not, I'm familiar with the series and the fact that Samsung finally changed the built by adding aluminum they are moving in the right direction.

The reason why I can't wait is because I want to see how Samsung paired the SOC 805 with QHD, I'll be honestly LG going with the 801 hurt the G3 a little bit in battery & performance.

I know I said that I had issues with the Note 3's size but with the Edge delayed up here, I need my fix. LOL
    09-22-2014 10:53 PM
    Can I wait? Yes, Have I waited? Yes, Do I like waiting? No. I've actually been holding out on buying a phone for about 4 months now. I've had the S3 since it came out, and was very happy with it the whole time. But about 4 months ago I started looking and considered buying the note 3 only to see that the note 4 was going to have a few extra specs that I liked, so... I decided to wait... and wait... and September 3rd came, I was hoping it would come out like a week later only to find out I had to wait some more... so then I though OK, it will probably be early October, nope wait some more... Anyways moral of my story is I probably just should have bought the note 3 way back in the beginning of summer and just been happy with that. It's all good though at least my preorder is set in place and I'll have it when its available...but I'm still waiting lol.
    **This exactly!**

09-22-2014 11:14 PM
    TOTALLY. Especially since I wasn't mind-blown by the device's reveal. But I'm usually one to buy something until I've actually tested it.

Of course, if you're in the US, you get the advantage of return periods for a full refund. That way, you can preorder, own it for 15 to 30 days (depending on where you buy) and then decide if it's the right thing for you.

But I would definitely NOT lose hours of my life standing in line for a device. My time is also money, and that also counts against the price you end up paying (can't believe some people will actually neglect their jobs to stand in line for an iPhone... how are you gonna pay for the darn, overpriced thing then, dummy??!!).
    Full Refund minus $30-$50 bucks for Restocking fees. I know AT&T charges like $35 and T-mobile Charges $50 for Restocking fees.

Plus Pre-ordering means nothing since You could just walk into a store and buy a Note 4 on release.

As far as me pre-ordering I need a new phone considering my Note 3 battery life is getting pretty bad and like the metal banding on the phone
    09-22-2014 11:46 PM
    There's that $200 rebate going on with a phone trade-in that applies only to pre-orders, might be one of those times where it makes sense to do the pre-order if you know you want it.
    09-23-2014 12:02 AM
    Don't wait, buy when you desire something!
    09-23-2014 07:34 AM

Plus Pre-ordering means nothing since You could just walk into a store and buy a Note 4 on release.

As far as me pre-ordering I need a new phone considering my Note 3 battery life is getting pretty bad and like the metal banding on the phone
    Pre-ordering doesn't "mean nothing" to everyone . I am doing it so I can just sit at work and relax and the phone will be delivered between 12 and 3 PM. So I just sit and work and the phone gets dropped at my desk for me to play with instead of rushing to a store and hoping I'm not late for whatever reason .

Full Refund minus $30-$50 bucks for Restocking fees. I know AT&T charges like $35 and T-mobile Charges $50 for Restocking fees.
    This is also true.. But AT&T is for some reason also charging 75 bucks more for the full price Note 4. So if you return the phone ... AT&T is cheaper.. If you keep the phone AT&T is more expensive.
    09-23-2014 08:01 AM
    Don't wait, buy when you desire something!
    If only there were more people like you! We could be now be celebrating full economic recovery.

09-23-2014 08:14 AM
    Pre-ordering doesn't "mean nothing" to everyone . I am doing it so I can just sit at work and relax and the phone will be delivered between 12 and 3 PM. So I just sit and work and the phone gets dropped at my desk for me to play with instead of rushing to a store and hoping I'm not late for whatever reason .

This is also true.. But AT&T is for some reason also charging 75 bucks more for the full price Note 4. So if you return the phone ... AT&T is cheaper.. If you keep the phone AT&T is more expensive.
    Pre ordering is nothing compared to iPhones.... You don't need to do it really for android phones
    09-23-2014 08:51 AM
    I'd pass with the Note 4.
    09-23-2014 09:54 AM
    Pre ordering is nothing compared to iPhones.... You don't need to do it really for android phones
    That's your opinion. I was simply explaining another view point.. You see no need.. I see no need to run to the store early or during work when it can just come to my desk .
    09-23-2014 10:09 AM
    That's your opinion. I was simply explaining another view point.. You see no need.. I see no need to run to the store early or during work when it can just come to my desk .
    That's preference right there.... No need to in order to get a phone which us my point...
    09-23-2014 10:32 AM
    That's preference right there.... No need to in order to get a phone which us my point...
    And you don't "have" to with Apple everytime either. I have a few coworkers who went down to the T-Mobile store near our work to grab an iPhone. Plenty of others were in there grabbing them as well. .

Otherwise wait.. You don't have to have anything on day 1.. That's preference as well.
    09-23-2014 10:48 AM
66 123