09-24-2014 11:03 PM
66 123
tools
    There's that $200 rebate going on with a phone trade-in that applies only to pre-orders, might be one of those times where it makes sense to do the pre-order if you know you want it.
    You might be right, particularly if you need to buy a new phone off contract. I understand you get a $200 rebate for a trade in of any working smartphone.

I wonder how that works should you decide to return the N4? I can see getting a refund, but what about your old phone you gave them earlier. Or do you hold onto the old phone and make the rebate swap after any possible return period has ended?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-23-2014 12:01 PM
    If you live in a big city such as NY, going to the store could easily turn into an all day event standing in line possibly getting rained on or stomped on by crazy people. Preordering is a luxury in which your device arrives without the hassle of dealing with mobs of people and pushy sales personnel. I get rather annoyed when every time i stop by a phone sales counter just to scope out whats new, a sales person stalks me and tries to steer me into whatever gives them the most commission.
    09-23-2014 01:38 PM
    There's that $200 rebate going on with a phone trade-in that applies only to pre-orders, might be one of those times where it makes sense to do the pre-order if you know you want it.
    Yeah, especially if you're buying off-contract. That $200 rebate won't make all the pain from that $800 price tag go away but it will help. I have one of those grandfathered unlimited data/200 texts for $5 plans I don't want to lose. The last time I switched phones after my last contract expired I was able to keep my plan but it was a huge hassle.

I guess I will be pre-ordering.
    09-23-2014 04:06 PM
    I always say I will wait but I never do. I'm in.
    09-23-2014 07:00 PM
    I'm gonna use that Best Buy deal to trade in my old iPhone 4 for a Note 4, then use some of that $200 BB gift card, plus money from selling my iPad to buy a new tablet... Galaxy Note 10.1 2015 Edition?
    09-23-2014 09:55 PM
    I'm good with waiting. I'll make sure the 4 is readily available in my area and sell my 3 on ebay or something, then go in and get it. I've got no problem renewing my AT&T contract and I've got my upgrade ready to use too. As far as the new iPhone I do know a couple of people who have left android to go back to them. Hopefully it just means plenty of Note 4's available when they come out!! I had to wait for the "2nd round" of the Note 3's to come in last year.

09-24-2014 01:40 AM
    I think I'm gonna go off the topic a bit... Was never a big fan of Samsung Android devices, but I do not that they are good ones, just I don't know why you guys are so crazy about them Anyone care to enlighten me?
    09-24-2014 07:14 AM
    I think I'm gonna go off the topic a bit... Was never a big fan of Samsung Android devices, but I do not that they are good ones, just I don't know why you guys are so crazy about them Anyone care to enlighten me?
    There are things I like and things I don't about Samsung... as far as specs, performance, features and battery life of my Note 3 go, I am more than satisfied with Samsung. I wouldn't say I'm "crazy" about Samsung though. Just satisfied... my preference would be Nexus if it were on Verizon and I have owned mostly Droids. But the note 3 had what I was looking for this time around so I got it... love the idea of phablets which no one can argue, Samsung pioneered.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3...
    09-24-2014 07:45 AM
    My first Android phone was after my iPhone 4 which was the last phone I owned for 2 years lol and it was the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. I wanted a LTE device and at the Time I was on AT&T ( Love service but expensive) and the only phones with LTE at the time was Samsung Galaxy s2 Skyrocket, HTC Vivid and the LG Nitro HD. I have researched these phones a bit and while I liked the HTC OS Skin I didn't like the look of the phone and looked quite like a Brick if i remember or I just didn't like it lol. I didn't hear good thing's about LG and it's Skin so never looked into buying it and the best phone out of the bunch overall was the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. After that I just got the S3 then the S4 but then Tried a NExus 5 bur felt Battery life was poor and switched to T-Mobile so I needed Wifi calling. Got the Note 3 and Love the size of the phone and the S-pen so Now getting the Note 4
    09-24-2014 10:32 AM
    I CANT WAIT...I've been holding off for a yr and now N4 is here, almost got the N3....I have the s4 active and I'm ready to move on up😆

09-24-2014 06:08 PM
    I have been amazed by people who can't seem to wait for the Note 4, that they will pre-order now without waiting to either handle one first, or see what reviewers and other first purchasers say.

I, for one, don't have to be the first kid on the block to own one. I'd rather let others first report the inevitable early bugs or production issues that surface with all of these hyped new products. I'd rather have an actual new phone in my hand, along side my Note 3, before I decide to upgrade.

I CAN wait. Can you?

So what you're saying is that you're not eligible for an upgrade right now and are exhibiting sour grapes?

I went ahead and ordered but mostly for a couple of reasons. First reason is I have someone that's been bugging me since the beginning of this month for my current Note 3 (I let them have my upgrade back in Feb and they weren't happy with their phone). I've also grown a little tired with my Note 3 from a capability standpoint. It isn't the device I was hoping it was and I'm hoping that Samsung has made enough upgrades on the Note 4. Other than that, I don't see much to get excited about the Note 4 over the Note 3.
    09-24-2014 06:37 PM
    I can wait, but I choose not to. I enjoy being on the ground floor, that includes potential bugs and unforeseeable problems. I try not to judge other people's motivations, or cast a pretentious eye on others actions. I enjoy this process, it's exciting to me. I got the same rush when I pre-ordered my Note 4 (I currently have the Note 3) that I felt when I bought the digital download copy of Destiny for PS4 - it makes me happy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2014 07:32 PM
    I could have waited....but I didn't wanna!! LOL I pre-ordered my White Note 4 with Verizon a couple days ago. My note 2 was available for an upgrade...so I decided to pre-order it and renew my 2 year contract. I think it will be a nice upgrade coming from the Note 2. I am also gonna do the Samsung $200 trade-in too
    09-24-2014 08:54 PM
    I could have waited....but I didn't wanna!! LOL I pre-ordered my White Note 4 with Verizon a couple days ago. My note 2 was available for an upgrade...so I decided to pre-order it and renew my 2 year contract. I think it will be a nice upgrade coming from the Note 2. I am also gonna do the Samsung $200 trade-in too
    I am upgrading from a note 3 and can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    TransAm461 likes this.
    09-24-2014 10:38 PM
    I'm considering upgrading to this from the S4, never used a Note before. Tmo does make upgrading easy
    09-24-2014 10:57 PM
    I'm considering upgrading to this from the S4, never used a Note before. Tmo does make upgrading easy
    Before the note 3 I had the s2, s3, s4 and nexus 5 and was sort of scared to get the note 3 but my only options that I considered was the s4, note 3, or wait a few more weeks for the s5 and maybe a g2 but didn't like button placement. Needed a phone with wifi calling and bigger battery so decided to try out the note 3. Once I got it in my hands it felt amazing and not huge at all. Now I can't go back to 5 inch screens

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    09-24-2014 11:03 PM
66 123