I CAN wait for the Note 4. What about you?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, some people trade in their car every year. However, since car models frequently have 4 year cycles where minimal improvements are made on the years between the major model changeovers, more people will probably wait for the major model change, rather than trade in every year. Because I don't think this year's Note 4 is a major model change for the Note series, I am certainly inclined to wait.

(On the contrary with Apple
some would argue that for the IPhone, the IPhone 6 plus was a major change since heretofore, Apple never embraced a big screen phone. While it would arguably be an entirety different phone, it could be for some a major reason to make a change.)

Posted via Android Central App

I never mentioned trading in a car every year. However, using leasing as an example, a lot of people will arrange to re-up on the same model without even driving or looking at it, regardless of how much it did or didn't change.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
While I have reason to hope early problems can be fixed, that's only true if they are software related. The Note 3, IMO, has hardware problems that were reported early and have never been fixed. Reception complaints, GPS sensitivity, low light camera noise and slow focusing are the main reasons I would consider upgrading my Note 3. While it is reasonable to expect those issues fixed in the Note 4, I want to hear that from actual purchasers. Newer doesn't always equate with better. Many Note 2 owners, for example, stated their phone's antenna and camera were better than the Note 3's. I will wait to be sure everything performs as promised with the Note 4.

If you get those problems out of the box, you return it. I am sure someone will get a lemon. The only I encountered with my Note 3 was reception issues after the update. I have had no issues with my camera. The Note 4 camera, I would safely bet, will be a nice upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have no issue with pre-ordering. They give you time to return it if you absolutely hate it. Since it's the same size as the Note 3 I think I'll be just fine.

Z10NIZED

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
not a fan of the note line.... aside from size it seems just like a basic phone, doesn't really have any innovative features, you can get phones with high specs that do

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
not a fan of the note line.... aside from size it seems just like a basic phone, doesn't really have any innovative features, you can get phones with high specs that do

Come on. I don't own a Note device, but even I have to admit that it is the only phone on the market that is a real productivity phone. You can get actual things done on it, other than surfing the web and other useless garbage that most phones do.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I won't pre order anything, but note 4 is very close to existing product and most people know exactly what they are expecting, so pre order is probably not gonna result in surprises, unlike iPhone 6 plus.

Posted via the Android Central App

Z10NIZED

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Come on. I don't own a Note device, but even I have to admit that it is the only phone on the market that is a real productivity phone. You can get actual things done on it, other than surfing the web and other useless garbage that most phones do.
Ok, I wasn't attacking anything here, just saying I'm not a fan.... but here's something to shoot back with. When you have a bunch of messages on the Note, you need to open, for example, the email app, texting app, whatsapp, facebook messenger, etc. That's not very productive, now is it? And when you say that you can actually get things done, what's that supposed to mean? Because you have a bigger screen you get "actually get things done?" Really? That's not a productive feature, that's just a preference. ex: I can just use a tablet. It has all of the same apps and a browser, just because another phone has a smaller screen doesn't make these things "useless garbage."

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I wasn't attacking anything here, just saying I'm not a fan.... but here's something to shoot back with. When you have a bunch of messages on the Note, you need to open, for example, the email app, texting app, whatsapp, facebook messenger, etc. That's not very productive, now is it? And when you say that you can actually get things done, what's that supposed to mean? Because you have a bigger screen you get "actually get things done?" Really? That's not a productive feature, that's just a preference. ex: I can just use a tablet. It has all of the same apps and a browser, just because another phone has a smaller screen doesn't make these things "useless garbage."

It's not really about the size of the screen, though it certainly helps. The best weapon that the Note lineup has for it is the S-Pen. Every year, Samsung improves the implementation and function of it, and it's really handy for a lot of things. There isn't another phone that can compete with it's versatility. That isn't to say it doesn't have problems. Samsung's UI is a mess at times, and I personally have always found the device to be too big for me to carry around daily.

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait lol. I'm going to pre-order it on T-Mobile at 12pm on Wednesday.

I have a Galaxy S4...... um yeah, I can't wait lol.

Z10NIZED

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
It's not really about the size of the screen, though it certainly helps. The best weapon that the Note lineup has for it is the S-Pen. Every year, Samsung improves the implementation and function of it, and it's really handy for a lot of things. There isn't another phone that can compete with it's versatility. That isn't to say it doesn't have problems. Samsung's UI is a mess at times, and I personally have always found the device to be too big for me to carry around daily.

Ok thanks for the reply. I always perceived that the S-Pen was more of a gimmick that only implemented a few cool tricks. This isn't really the place to debate on Samsung/Android's basic functionality, but the fact that the pen is a real productivity tool is intriguing. It's a shame something like that is limited to Samsung.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I can wait, but I choose not to. I usually swap phones every 6 months. I've had the S3, Note 2, S4, Note 3, S5 and I just ordered the Note 4 as soon as it was available.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I can wait, but I choose not to. I usually swap phones every 6 months. I've had the S3, Note 2, S4, Note 3, S5 and I just ordered the Note 4 as soon as it was available.

+1 on this!! I thought I was the only one obsessed with technology until I came to the forums and found that you all are just as delusional as me! Lol jk :)

exactnexus

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I can wait... love my Note 3 but don't have a need to upgrade at this time. It would be nice, but it would also cost me full retail price... I just don't see that happening. Lol. I will be enjoying my Note 3 for now and waiting eagerly and with much anticipation for the Note 5 when my Verizon Edge allows me to upgrade at a subsidized price...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3...

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Why not, I'm familiar with the series and the fact that Samsung finally changed the built by adding aluminum they are moving in the right direction.

The reason why I can't wait is because I want to see how Samsung paired the SOC 805 with QHD, I'll be honestly LG going with the 801 hurt the G3 a little bit in battery & performance.

I know I said that I had issues with the Note 3's size but with the Edge delayed up here, I need my fix. LOL

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Can I wait? Yes, Have I waited? Yes, Do I like waiting? No. I've actually been holding out on buying a phone for about 4 months now. I've had the S3 since it came out, and was very happy with it the whole time. But about 4 months ago I started looking and considered buying the note 3 only to see that the note 4 was going to have a few extra specs that I liked, so... I decided to wait... and wait... and September 3rd came, I was hoping it would come out like a week later only to find out I had to wait some more... so then I though OK, it will probably be early October, nope wait some more... Anyways moral of my story is I probably just should have bought the note 3 way back in the beginning of summer and just been happy with that. It's all good though at least my preorder is set in place and I'll have it when its available...but I'm still waiting lol.

**This exactly!**

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol