I CAN wait for the Note 4. What about you?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
TOTALLY. Especially since I wasn't mind-blown by the device's reveal. But I'm usually one to buy something until I've actually tested it.

Of course, if you're in the US, you get the advantage of return periods for a full refund. That way, you can preorder, own it for 15 to 30 days (depending on where you buy) and then decide if it's the right thing for you.

But I would definitely NOT lose hours of my life standing in line for a device. My time is also money, and that also counts against the price you end up paying (can't believe some people will actually neglect their jobs to stand in line for an iPhone... how are you gonna pay for the darn, overpriced thing then, dummy??!!).

Full Refund minus $30-$50 bucks for Restocking fees. I know AT&T charges like $35 and T-mobile Charges $50 for Restocking fees.

Plus Pre-ordering means nothing since You could just walk into a store and buy a Note 4 on release.

As far as me pre-ordering I need a new phone considering my Note 3 battery life is getting pretty bad and like the metal banding on the phone :)

psybuster

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
There's that $200 rebate going on with a phone trade-in that applies only to pre-orders, might be one of those times where it makes sense to do the pre-order if you know you want it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Plus Pre-ordering means nothing since You could just walk into a store and buy a Note 4 on release.

As far as me pre-ordering I need a new phone considering my Note 3 battery life is getting pretty bad and like the metal banding on the phone :)

Pre-ordering doesn't "mean nothing" to everyone :). I am doing it so I can just sit at work and relax and the phone will be delivered between 12 and 3 PM. So I just sit and work and the phone gets dropped at my desk for me to play with instead of rushing to a store and hoping I'm not late for whatever reason :).

Full Refund minus $30-$50 bucks for Restocking fees. I know AT&T charges like $35 and T-mobile Charges $50 for Restocking fees.

This is also true.. But AT&T is for some reason also charging 75 bucks more for the full price Note 4. So if you return the phone ... AT&T is cheaper.. If you keep the phone AT&T is more expensive.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordering doesn't "mean nothing" to everyone :). I am doing it so I can just sit at work and relax and the phone will be delivered between 12 and 3 PM. So I just sit and work and the phone gets dropped at my desk for me to play with instead of rushing to a store and hoping I'm not late for whatever reason :).

This is also true.. But AT&T is for some reason also charging 75 bucks more for the full price Note 4. So if you return the phone ... AT&T is cheaper.. If you keep the phone AT&T is more expensive.
Pre ordering is nothing compared to iPhones.... You don't need to do it really for android phones

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Pre ordering is nothing compared to iPhones.... You don't need to do it really for android phones

That's your opinion. I was simply explaining another view point.. You see no need.. I see no need to run to the store early or during work when it can just come to my desk :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's preference right there.... No need to in order to get a phone which us my point...

And you don't "have" to with Apple everytime either. I have a few coworkers who went down to the T-Mobile store near our work to grab an iPhone. Plenty of others were in there grabbing them as well. :).

Otherwise wait.. You don't have to have anything on day 1.. That's preference as well.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
There's that $200 rebate going on with a phone trade-in that applies only to pre-orders, might be one of those times where it makes sense to do the pre-order if you know you want it.

You might be right, particularly if you need to buy a new phone off contract. I understand you get a $200 rebate for a trade in of any working smartphone.

I wonder how that works should you decide to return the N4? I can see getting a refund, but what about your old phone you gave them earlier. Or do you hold onto the old phone and make the rebate swap after any possible return period has ended?

Posted via Android Central App

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
If you live in a big city such as NY, going to the store could easily turn into an all day event standing in line possibly getting rained on or stomped on by crazy people. Preordering is a luxury in which your device arrives without the hassle of dealing with mobs of people and pushy sales personnel. I get rather annoyed when every time i stop by a phone sales counter just to scope out whats new, a sales person stalks me and tries to steer me into whatever gives them the most commission.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, especially if you're buying off-contract. That $200 rebate won't make all the pain from that $800 price tag go away but it will help. I have one of those grandfathered unlimited data/200 texts for $5 plans I don't want to lose. The last time I switched phones after my last contract expired I was able to keep my plan but it was a huge hassle.

I guess I will be pre-ordering.

Fishfam4

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna use that Best Buy deal to trade in my old iPhone 4 for a Note 4, then use some of that $200 BB gift card, plus money from selling my iPad to buy a new tablet... Galaxy Note 10.1 2015 Edition?

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm good with waiting. I'll make sure the 4 is readily available in my area and sell my 3 on ebay or something, then go in and get it. I've got no problem renewing my AT&T contract and I've got my upgrade ready to use too. As far as the new iPhone I do know a couple of people who have left android to go back to them. Hopefully it just means plenty of Note 4's available when they come out!! I had to wait for the "2nd round" of the Note 3's to come in last year.

pixelrocks

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm gonna go off the topic a bit... Was never a big fan of Samsung Android devices, but I do not that they are good ones, just I don't know why you guys are so crazy about them :p Anyone care to enlighten me?

exactnexus

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm gonna go off the topic a bit... Was never a big fan of Samsung Android devices, but I do not that they are good ones, just I don't know why you guys are so crazy about them :p Anyone care to enlighten me?
There are things I like and things I don't about Samsung... as far as specs, performance, features and battery life of my Note 3 go, I am more than satisfied with Samsung. I wouldn't say I'm "crazy" about Samsung though. Just satisfied... my preference would be Nexus if it were on Verizon and I have owned mostly Droids. But the note 3 had what I was looking for this time around so I got it... love the idea of phablets which no one can argue, Samsung pioneered.

:)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

My first Android phone was after my iPhone 4 which was the last phone I owned for 2 years lol and it was the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. I wanted a LTE device and at the Time I was on AT&T ( Love service but expensive) and the only phones with LTE at the time was Samsung Galaxy s2 Skyrocket, HTC Vivid and the LG Nitro HD. I have researched these phones a bit and while I liked the HTC OS Skin I didn't like the look of the phone and looked quite like a Brick if i remember or I just didn't like it lol. I didn't hear good thing's about LG and it's Skin so never looked into buying it and the best phone out of the bunch overall was the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. After that I just got the S3 then the S4 but then Tried a NExus 5 bur felt Battery life was poor and switched to T-Mobile so I needed Wifi calling. Got the Note 3 and Love the size of the phone and the S-pen so Now getting the Note 4 :)

shawtylo1940

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I CANT WAIT...I've been holding off for a yr and now N4 is here, almost got the N3....I have the s4 active and I'm ready to move on up😆

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12