02-27-2015 11:48 PM
1,383 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Well here's a new one. I was told that the phone to be traded in had to have been purchased at Best Buy to qualify for the $200 promotion. Mine was not.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Smh I bet before long they'll be telling us all kinds of crazy things. Can't get a straight answer to save our $200.

Posted via Android Central App
    ZDriver likes this.
    10-03-2014 10:17 PM
    I just completed my pre-order on the Verizon website. It said that my trade-in was $95.00. They said they'd send me a box to send my Note 2 back in. The only thing is I didn't get anything in writing showing the $95.00 and I thought I needed that, right? Anyway, I'm all set to see the phone anywhere between the 21st and 25th of October. Come on, let's go month, you're taking too long! LOL!
    10-03-2014 10:50 PM
    Well here's a new one. I was told that the phone to be traded in had to have been purchased at Best Buy to qualify for the $200 promotion. Mine was not.

LOL Who ever told you that is the worst employee on the face of the earth... that is NOT true... just so you know... Now I've officially heard everything!

I am going up to the local BB today (Deptford, NJ) to try and pre-order... I will post what happens when I get back! Wish me luck guys!
    10-04-2014 12:06 PM
    This has got to be the most confusing promo in the world.

I pre-ordered from Verizon, and I was going to trade in my phone to Verizon. What gives me pause is the rules from the promo website

"A Participant who chooses to submit his/her receipts online must first
    print his/her name on the original register receipt, sign and date the receipt,
    and then follow the on-screen prompts to upload a photograph of the original
    register receipts showing both the trade-in value and device pre-order,
    respectively. You must circle the trade-in credit and device pre-order on the
    original receipts"

Notice how it says "register receipt" twice? Verizon only does trade-ins via mail, and then they send you a e-gift card. I can't imagine I'm going to get a "register receipt" for that. That really makes me wonder if they are going to use that to invalidate my trade-in. That had me thinking to keep my pre-order through Verizon, but to go Best Buy to trade in a device because I know they give you an actual "register receipt" for trade-ins.

I emailed prizelogic support from the Customer Service link on the promo website for some more clarification.
    10-04-2014 12:44 PM
    LOL Who ever told you that is the worst employee on the face of the earth... that is NOT true... just so you know... Now I've officially heard everything!

I am going up to the local BB today (Deptford, NJ) to try and pre-order... I will post what happens when I get back! Wish me luck guys!
    Well apparently it's a long Island thing. The rep said I could go into NYC or NJ and do it there. Just not in Suffolk and Nassau counties on long Island. Most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

10-04-2014 01:31 PM
    This has got to be the most confusing promo in the world.

I pre-ordered from Verizon, and I was going to trade in my phone to Verizon. What gives me pause is the rules from the promo website

"A Participant who chooses to submit his/her receipts online must first
    print his/her name on the original register receipt, sign and date the receipt,
    and then follow the on-screen prompts to upload a photograph of the original
    register receipts showing both the trade-in value and device pre-order,
    respectively. You must circle the trade-in credit and device pre-order on the
    original receipts"

Notice how it says "register receipt" twice? Verizon only does trade-ins via mail, and then they send you a e-gift card. I can't imagine I'm going to get a "register receipt" for that. That really makes me wonder if they are going to use that to invalidate my trade-in. That had me thinking to keep my pre-order through Verizon, but to go Best Buy to trade in a device because I know they give you an actual "register receipt" for trade-ins.

I emailed prizelogic support from the Customer Service link on the promo website for some more clarification.
    That is not going to work just so you know... I was thinking of doing the same thing however if you use BB for either of the 2 things then your not eligible for the promotion through Samsung... You're gonna get screwed one way or another if you do it this way, I promise you... I don't know why you do not just pre order through BB and then bring your trade in on the day you pick your note 4 up and save $200 instantly on the note 4??? Why are people making this so much more difficult than it is???????
    fredwardnelson likes this.
    10-04-2014 01:44 PM
    I think the only deal that will work as planned and expected by customers is the BB one. There are too many conditions and the process is confusing. BB has no paperwork and no mail in and no wait.

I think Samsung is about to get a LOT of customers very pi$$ed off and likely to get hit with a class action, depending on the level of rejections.

BTW, these big redemption campaigns are almost always contracted out and all the sponsor Samsung does is send payments to an account.
    10-04-2014 02:05 PM
    That is not going to work just so you know... I was thinking of doing the same thing however if you use BB for either of the 2 things then your not eligible for the promotion through Samsung... You're gonna get screwed one way or another if you do it this way, I promise you... I don't know why you do not just pre order through BB and then bring your trade in on the day you pick your note 4 up and save $200 instantly on the note 4??? Why are people making this so much more difficult than it is???????
    Ordering through verizonwireless.com is the only way to keep unlimited data.

If I traded my rezound in they would only give me $9 which is not enough to be valid for the promotion.

Is there anywhere else I could trade it in that isn't best buy?
    steveinil likes this.
    10-04-2014 02:25 PM
    yeah, this is concerned me too. i was going to send them the preorder form with the estimated trade-in value, as well as some sort of proof that t-mo got my trade in that i mail in. i was thinking a receipt email or at the very least an emailing telling me that they sent me an envelope for me to ship the phone back. whatever i have before the deadline, i will send them a copy of. i figure just give them everything i get and let them figure it out. they must know that this is the only way trade-in works at t-mo.
    I was thinking the same thing, but this one liner about how long it could take makes me just want to submit my preorder form. The person taking my preorder mentioned something along the same time frame.

Customer must be active and in good standing at time credit is processed; applied within 2-3 bill cycles.
    10-04-2014 02:48 PM
    Ordering through verizonwireless.com is the only way to keep unlimited data.

If I traded my rezound in they would only give me $9 which is not enough to be valid for the promotion.

Is there anywhere else I could trade it in that isn't best buy?
    Amazon. They're offering $17.24 to $51.72 for a Rezound. ( Amazon.com: HTC Rezound 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories ). Right side select 'trade in.'

Then I'd print off their paperwork, then preorder through Amazon too, then print that order form and after the 10th, submit them online to Samsung.
    10-04-2014 02:54 PM
    Well apparently it's a long Island thing. The rep said I could go into NYC or NJ and do it there. Just not in Suffolk and Nassau counties on long Island. Most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

That rep may not have been lying. I heard different states/counties have rules concerning pawning and this is sort of considered pawning in some places. So that's why it may have needed to be purchased from there already.

Posted via Android Central App
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-04-2014 03:29 PM
    Sprint has a trade in form on their website. Do you think I can use that and preorder my note 4 at the store? I have a Note 2 with a broken screen and does not power on and they are offering 25 dollars on their site.
    10-04-2014 03:34 PM
    I have to preorder from Verizonwireless.com because I am doing an alternate upgrade to a 2gb line which is the only way to keep my main lines unlimited data.

This is what I sent to the promotion customer service. I'm hoping I hear back soon.

"Does the trade in and pre-order have to be part of the same transaction?

My problem is that my phone I want to trade in is worth $9, HTC Rezound, at verizonwireless.com which falls below the required $10.

Now I want to pre-order at verizonwireless.com the note 4. Can I pre-order at verizonwireless.com and trade my phone in at another retailer that will value my phone above the $10 that is required for the promotion?

Although the trade-in and pre-order would be done at different authorized retailers would I still be able to send both receipts in and receive the promotion value of up to $200 dollars?

Final separate question: There was mention that I could trade in my phone valued at $9 at verizonwireless.com and still be able to recieve $189 since that would make it the full $200 minus the $1 since my phone is not valued at the required $10. Is this true?"
    10-04-2014 04:16 PM
    That's why I emailed the support for the company running this promotion for Samsung. I've read through the long version of the terms and conditions and no where does it state that doing just the trade in at best buy makes you ineligible for the promo. It specifically says that you can't preorder from best buy and do the promotion through samsung. But I still emailed for clarification on this before I do anything.

I ordered trough Verizon because they allowed one of my lines that wasn't yet eligible for an upgrade get the upgrade price anyway. I can't get that deal though best buy.
    10-04-2014 05:12 PM
    People are trippin over this promo, lmbo.
    10-04-2014 05:34 PM

So I just got back from BB and I went all through the process and everything was going perfectly AND THEN I get to the very end where they are gonna place the pre-order for my black note 4 for me and the computer would not let them do it... they told me "the system has turned off pre-orders for both the black and white note 4" I asked to speak to a manager and he said he does not know if they hit their limit or if it is a technical problem and he took my info and is going to call me back (unlikely). I cannot see how they could have hit their limit as the girl that helped me told me when I got there that they have not had many pre-orders at all and she was excited to take my order!!! I cannot believe this, I am so pissed off right now... I am going to try another more reliable BB tomorrow morning but I am afraid that the result will be the same.... ;-/ I have not heard ANYONE ELSE on this thread of having THIS issue.... UNREAL...
    10-04-2014 06:38 PM

Might want to save these images just in case BB say something else when you pick up your phone on the 17th. "...any working smartphone..."
    10-04-2014 08:11 PM
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...072a13029a.jpg
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...02c7739c4c.jpg

Might want to save these images just in case BB say something else when you pick up your phone on the 17th. "...any working smartphone..."
    YES when I went today the same exact sign was right outside the store!!! I said that to the guy when he was telling me that they could not take my pre-order... I better have better results tomorrow at Mt. Laurel, NJ location! UGH
    10-04-2014 08:20 PM
    Not sure how well they are selling the note 4, but there seemed to be at least a couple people were in line to check out the note 4 @ Best Buy in Seattle WA.

I used the note 4 and took a picture of LG ads said "life is good" then I added "in bed" at the end. The samsung rep laughed so hard and asked how I did that. She thinks it's a cool feature. We deleted the picture afterward
    TechNut79 likes this.
    10-04-2014 08:27 PM
    I emailed prizelogic as well, I need to know if I made a huge mistake by placing my pre-order online through VZW. I "thought" I would be able to go and trade in my device in a separate transaction at a VZW store... Now I'm not so sure
    10-04-2014 09:12 PM
    Just came back from Worst Buy again and now they telling me the phone cant be worth nothing. At least $1. lol

So my Droid Incredible and Original BB Storm wont work.
    Check prices of trade-in at https://tradein.bestbuy.com

If anyone know of a cheapo smartphone let me know, thanks!!
    10-04-2014 09:22 PM
    I emailed prizelogic as well, I need to know if I made a huge mistake by placing my pre-order online through VZW. I "thought" I would be able to go and trade in my device in a separate transaction at a VZW store... Now I'm not so sure
    From what I understand the only way to trade in a device to VZW is to do it online and then you ship them the device and they give you a VZW Egiftcard... you cannot do it in-store ;-(. I am so aggravated with this entire deal right now... Words cannot describe how much I despise best buy, I have always hated them and now they are screwing me big time once again!
    10-04-2014 09:27 PM
    Just came back from Worst Buy again and now they telling me the phone cant be worth nothing. At least $1. lol

So my Droid Incredible and Original BB Storm wont work.
    Check prices of trade-in at https://tradein.bestbuy.com

If anyone know of a cheapo smartphone let me know, thanks!!
    Did you pre-order your phone or not???
    10-04-2014 09:28 PM
    I was told I would receive a receipt with the trade value when I went back to VZW to trade in my old phone once my Note 4 showed up at my door. Is this not true? Someone on the boards had have traded a phone in somewhere and can enlighten us..

If this is a hassle I will cancel my Verizon order and pre-order at Best Buy.
    10-04-2014 09:56 PM
    Did you pre-order your phone or not???
    Yes i preodered it.
    10-04-2014 09:56 PM
1,383 ... 1314151617 ...