02-27-2015 11:48 PM
1,383 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Just so everyone knows, if you're on Verizon and wanna do the BB promotion as of today YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!! BB has reached their limit for Verizon note 4 pre-orders and cannot take anymore. (In the NE region anyway) Un****ingbelievable, I have just wasted 2 days and a half a tank of gas wasting my time going to BB stores trying to pre-order FOR NOTHING. Now I am going to have to do this the hard way and pre-order through Verizon, trade in my phone to BB as a separate transaction (my phone is only worth $8 at VZW but worth $20 at BB, and needs to be AT LEAST $10 to qualify for Samsung's offer) and then send in the rebate request through Samsung and PRAY I ACTUALLY GET IT.

I WILL NEVER SHOP BEST BUY EVER AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. BIGGEST MICKEY MOUSE OPERATION IN THE COUNTRY, NO WONDER THEY ARE HANGING ON BY A THREAD AS A COMPANY... THEY'LL BE OUT OF BUSINESS WITHIN THE NEXT TEN YEARS, I PROMISE.
    10-05-2014 01:31 PM
    I was all set to cancel the pre-order I made through VZW.com and go into BB to do it that way since it's instant..... HOWEVER, I just called my local BB and was told the promo is for *UP TO* $200, it's not a guaranteed $200 because it all depends on the value of your device. The iPhone 4 that I was going to trade in is only worth about $30-40, so I could just get that. This is ridiculous!
    Most bb employees have no knowledge regarding this promotion. Some don't even know this promotion existed.

if your trade in worth $20, bb will get 180 from samsung afterward. so, you'll pay $100 on a 2 yrs contract note 4 on the day you pick up the phone.
    I met with the bb manager AND samsung rep at best buy at the same time. Both agreed on that.
    Honey_184 likes this.
    10-05-2014 01:35 PM
    Just so everyone knows, if you're on Verizon and wanna do the BB promotion as of today YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!! BB has reached their limit for Verizon note 4 pre-orders and cannot take anymore. (In the NE region anyway) Un****ingbelievable, I have just wasted 2 days and a half a tank of gas wasting my time going to BB stores trying to pre-order FOR NOTHING. Now I am going to have to do this the hard way and pre-order through Verizon, trade in my phone to BB as a separate transaction (my phone is only worth $8 at VZW but worth $20 at BB, and needs to be AT LEAST $10 to qualify for Samsung's offer) and then send in the rebate request through Samsung and PRAY I ACTUALLY GET IT.

I WILL NEVER SHOP BEST BUY EVER AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. BIGGEST MICKEY MOUSE OPERATION IN THE COUNTRY, NO WONDER THEY ARE HANGING ON BY A THREAD AS A COMPANY... THEY'LL BE OUT OF BUSINESS WITHIN THE NEXT TEN YEARS, I PROMISE.
    I'm speechless! I have VZW & I'm in the NE :-(
    10-05-2014 01:43 PM
    I'm speechless! I have VZW & I'm in the NE :-(
    Let the games begin!

Good luck w us, Best Buy!
    10-05-2014 02:16 PM

You won't get the money from Samsung since their offer says if you trade in at BB you are not eligible for the Samsung promo. Then again it said customers who receive their rebate at BB, so maybe you'll get lucky.

https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/Mobile

Posted via Android Central App
    10-05-2014 04:08 PM
    For this promo when asking questions or receiving wrong information I would show them these two pictures. Said nothing about requiring contract and you do get the gift card applied to the Note 4 purchase because it says traces are applied before gift card is taken off.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Samsung  0 trade in promotion-22382.jpg   Note 4 - Samsung  0 trade in promotion-22383.jpg  
    10-05-2014 04:23 PM
    So I preordered my note 4 this weekend from att. So after it comes to me. I then go into the att store and trade-in my old note 2 and then fill out the form at samsung?
    10-05-2014 04:23 PM
    So I preordered my note 4 this weekend from att. So after it comes to me. I then go into the att store and trade-in my old note 2 and then fill out the form at samsung?
    That's what I wanted to know too. I pre ordered on T-Mo but need to know this as well. Can someone answer that?
    10-05-2014 04:53 PM
    I don't see how VZW or BB are to blame for not knowing all the information needed for the Samsung promo, after all, it is Samsung's promo. Do I think it would be in VZW or BB favor to understand it to do their customers right, absolutely.
    10-05-2014 04:56 PM
    At ATT I got the same blank look when I spoke about it. lol
    10-05-2014 06:28 PM
    They are WRONG honey, as long as your device is in good working condition and has a value of at least $1 then it 100% qualifies for the offer, I promise you....
    Unfortunately if you are not the one ringing up the sale your promise doesn't help those of us who have BB employees who don't understand that. I want to know if there is a way to get our local BB to acknowledge the fact it is a full $200 and not "up to $200" . If not, what can we do when they refuse to give it to us? I have a feeling my pre-ordered Note 4 will not be going home with me on the 17th because there is no way I'm buying it if they don't give me the whole promo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-05-2014 08:24 PM
    As I understand it....

You preorder the Note 4 (step one of two) from your vendor of choice. Keep a paper copy of the preorder. In addition, you have an existing smartphone (no flips) that according to the company who's taking the trade in will value your trade in at least $10 (step two of two). Trade it in. They give you at least the $10 (cash/gift card/whatever). Maybe more. Depends obviously on the traded phone. Get a receipt of that transaction.

Once you receive the Note 4, take the preorder paperwork and scan it. Take the trade in paperwork and scan it. Determine the IMEI and WiFi MAC address of the Note 4.

Armed with these three pieces of information/paperwork, goto https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/ and completely fill out/upload the forms.

You should receive a check from Samsung for $200 minus the value of the trade per the paperwork you submitted.
    Tanooki2 likes this.
    10-05-2014 08:27 PM
    Just so everyone knows, if you're on Verizon and wanna do the BB promotion as of today YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!! BB has reached their limit for Verizon note 4 pre-orders and cannot take anymore. (In the NE region anyway)
    According to who? A local BB employee? Preorders for VZW are not even available, and have never been, on the BB website.

Who says, that has ANY degree of credibility, that ALL VZW NE area preorders are 'sold out?'
    10-05-2014 08:30 PM
    I don't see how VZW or BB are to blame for not knowing all the information needed for the Samsung promo, after all, it is Samsung's promo. Do I think it would be in VZW or BB favor to understand it to do their customers right, absolutely.
    I do not believe, after LOTS of thread reading, that BB's offer is Samsung's offer. It looks like it on paper, but BB's demands are easier than Samsung's. It's still $200 they're both offering, but it appears that BB essentially copied Sansung's offer and made it (technically) easier as it's an instant rebate/gift card versus a paperwork submission/wait for a check.
    amtrucker22 likes this.
    10-05-2014 08:34 PM
    Unfortunately if you are not the one ringing up the sale your promise doesn't help those of us who have BB employees who don't understand that. I want to know if there is a way to get our local BB to acknowledge the fact it is a full $200 and not "up to $200" . If not, what can we do when they refuse to give it to us? I have a feeling my pre-ordered Note 4 will not be going home with me on the 17th because there is no way I'm buying it if they don't give me the whole promo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    It is not 'up to $200' at BB. It's $200 with a trade of any working smartphone. Will they copy the Samsung rebate style where the trade in value is 'X' and the gift card is then $200-X? Maybe. We don't know. Who cares? It's $200.

But the BB or Samsung offer is not 'trade in any smartphone and we'll ONLY give you what it alone is worth.'
    10-05-2014 08:37 PM
    Worst case if BB do not honor the $200 trade in of any working smartphone as they said that can be applied to your note 4 purchase, then cancel the order. Period.
    There are many other retailers or carriers. Why worry so much?
    10-05-2014 08:40 PM
    I have to preorder from Verizonwireless.com because I am doing an alternate upgrade to a 2gb line which is the only way to keep my main lines unlimited data.

This is what I sent to the promotion customer service. I'm hoping I hear back soon.

"Does the trade in and pre-order have to be part of the same transaction?

My problem is that my phone I want to trade in is worth $9, HTC Rezound, at verizonwireless.com which falls below the required $10.

Now I want to pre-order at verizonwireless.com the note 4. Can I pre-order at verizonwireless.com and trade my phone in at another retailer that will value my phone above the $10 that is required for the promotion?

Although the trade-in and pre-order would be done at different authorized retailers would I still be able to send both receipts in and receive the promotion value of up to $200 dollars?

Final separate question: There was mention that I could trade in my phone valued at $9 at verizonwireless.com and still be able to recieve $189 since that would make it the full $200 minus the $1 since my phone is not valued at the required $10. Is this true?"
    I've read the entire Terms and Conditions of the Samsung offer. Nowhere does it say that the trade in and the preorder must occur from the same vendor.

If Amazon will give you $12 for the phone but VZW will only give you $8? Then, as I understand my readings, you may trade at Amazon and then preorder/buy from VZW, and submit the required information to Samsung.

Your $189 example I believe has significant risk of rejection of the entire rebate check. Samsung specifically says the trade in must be $10 or more to qualify for the check back.

I would not risk trading in a phone that your own submitted paperwork shows a vendor determined value of less than $10. I feel Samsung's T&Cs are specific enough on this.
    10-05-2014 08:41 PM
    I do not believe, after LOTS of thread reading, that BB's offer is Samsung's offer. It looks like it on paper, but BB's demands are easier than Samsung's. It's still $200 they're both offering, but it appears that BB essentially copied Sansung's offer and made it (technically) easier as it's an instant rebate/gift card versus a paperwork submission/wait for a check.
    Yes, ppl r still confused that there are TWO separate $200 deals. One from Worst Buy for a $200 gift card and one thru Samsung
    10-05-2014 08:42 PM
    They did and below in the small print it says "Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power."

Its really a bait and switch, so i will try with any smartphone release day but if it doesnt work ill have a backup phone to trade in lol
    I have been told three different things by BB employees in two different stores.

1. Trade in needs to be worth at least $10 per BB internal valuation system.
    2. Trade in must be worth anything more than $0 per BB internal valuation system.
    3. Trade in must simply not be cracked/broken/scratched to death. As long as it's a 'working smartphone,' it qualifies.

So truly, until we all go through it, WHO THE HELL KNOWS?
    10-05-2014 08:49 PM
    Yes, ppl r still confused that there are TWO separate $200 deals. One from Worst Buy for a $200 gift card and one thru Samsung
    I simply meant the even though they've very very close, the offers have different terms and conditions. Samsung's seem to be better defined than BB's.
    10-05-2014 08:50 PM
    Worst case if BB do not honor the $200 trade in of any working smartphone as they said that can be applied to your note 4 purchase, then cancel the order. Period.
    There many other retailers or carriers. Why worry so much?
    Because you have ONE shot at this. The Samsung order says the phone MUST be 'preordered' prior to 10/16 which is the day before it's released. If BB screws it up on the day it's released, you're screwed. And once the phone is released on the 17th, the Samsung rebate offer is gone. You can't at that point say screw you BB and walk into VZW or Costco or anywhere else and do the deal a second time. You will have missed the date by which you could preorder.

The ONLY thing I can see working if BB blows it, is you do NOT trade in a phone at BB and do NOT attempt to secure their gift card. You simply buy/activate the phone at BB, then go somewhere else that values your trade at least $10, then trade it in, then take the BB receipts and the trade in receipts and submit them directly to Samsung.

Samsung does not say you can't use BB to purchase it - it simply says you can't get BOTH the BB gift card for $200 AND the $200-trade in value check from Samsung.
    10-05-2014 08:54 PM
    Perhaps your confused by what I wrote. The Samsung promo I am referring to is just that, Samsung's own $200 promo. It is quite obvious that Best Buy has an offer and Samsung has an offer. I cannot speculate which is easier, as it sounds, Best Buy may stick it to a few folks along the way. The Samsung offer has yet to be tested. I recommend to anyone using this to sign your receipts, make copies, and take photos before submission.
    10-05-2014 08:55 PM
    Perhaps your confused by what I wrote. The Samsung promo I am referring to is just that, Samsung's own $200 promo. It is quite obvious that Best Buy has an offer and Samsung has an offer. I cannot speculate which is easier, as it sounds, Best Buy may stick it to a few folks along the way. The Samsung offer has yet to be tested. I recommend to anyone using this to sign your receipts, make copies, and take photos before submission.
    Not confused. But I was trying to help people that seem to be combining the two different offers from the two companies and applying one's terms to the other.

Since I'm going to be doing this promo with BB, I am trading a phone in that BB themselves show is worth more than $10.

I think that's going to be the sticker for lots of people - trading in a phone that's little to no trade in value.
    10-05-2014 08:58 PM
    I looked up my value prior to pre-ordering where I did. I went there knowing that if I don't qualify for the discount I would still get a phone. My current phone needs to be replaced.
    10-05-2014 09:23 PM
    According to who? A local BB employee? Preorders for VZW are not even available, and have never been, on the BB website.

Who says, that has ANY degree of credibility, that ALL VZW NE area preorders are 'sold out?'
    I've been trying to preorder my VZW Note 4 all weekend and unfortunately I've been getting the same response that pre-orders are "sold out." I contacted 5 different Best Buys in the Los Angeles area today and none were able to place a pre-order for a VZW Note 4. They could place orders for ATT and Sprint models.

I'm still hoping this is a system glitch and will try again tomorrow. I just have a difficult time believing Best Buy could have already sold out of their entire Note 4 pre-order inventory...unless they had extremely limited stock. If all else fails, I'll just pre-order directly from VZW and trade in my Droid X2 at Best Buy ($15 trade in value at Best Buy vs $7 at VZW). Although I definitely would prefer the instant Best Buy rebate.
    10-05-2014 09:33 PM
1,383 ... 1516171819 ...