02-27-2015 11:48 PM
1,383 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I've been trying to preorder my VZW Note 4 all weekend and unfortunately I've been getting the same response that pre-orders are "sold out." I contacted 5 different Best Buys in the Los Angeles area today and none were able to place a pre-order for a VZW Note 4. They could place orders for ATT and Sprint models.

I'm still hoping this is a system glitch and will try again tomorrow. I just have a difficult time believing Best Buy could have already sold out of their entire Note 4 pre-order inventory...unless they had extremely limited stock. If all else fails, I'll just pre-order directly from VZW and trade in my Droid X2 at Best Buy ($15 trade in value at Best Buy vs $7 at VZW). Although I definitely would prefer the instant Best Buy rebate.
    I would hate for this to be true, but could every last BB employee see that the preorders are not available to be taken for a VZW Note 4 (as their internal systems should match the BB website), and jump to the incorrect conclusion that they're sold out already?

The website, for just the VZW version, has never been available to preorder. Only the AT&T and Sprint ones. So maybe they see 'no preorders' and assume they're already done, sad as that sounds?
    10-05-2014 10:08 PM
    At 6 pm PDT I went into my local BB and the associate couldn't pre-order for Sprint or Verizon, only ATT. He said that that he'd done a pre-order last week, but now it's saying no more stock. Samsung experience center suggest I call daily to see if stock gets added.

So I'm not Sure if I will continue to wait for BB or head to Sprint directly.
    10-05-2014 11:07 PM
    At 6 pm PDT I went into my local BB and the associate couldn't pre-order for Sprint or Verizon, only ATT. He said that that he'd done a pre-order last week, but now it's saying no more stock. Samsung experience center suggest I call daily to see if stock gets added.

So I'm not Sure if I will continue to wait for BB or head to Sprint directly.
    So I guess this is not an isolated issue. I'm going to wait until Friday to see if Best Buy can get its act together. If not, I'll just have to order from VZW and wait for the rebate.
    10-05-2014 11:29 PM
    Yes, unfortunately I could've preordered this phone on Friday while it was in stock but had an appointment and figured I'd get to it today (Sunday). They tried several times to order the white frost sprint version and it wouldn't allow them. It sounded like it was something that had just happened recently because they were shocked it was unavailable for them to select the preorder. I did notice you can buy it on best buys website. I wonder if that would still qualify as a preorder.

Any suggestions gents? I'd rather preorder via best buy because of the instant rebate and I can also trade in my GS4 for about $155 with best buy warranty plus making the phone $0
    10-05-2014 11:45 PM
    Yes, unfortunately I could've preordered this phone on Friday while it was in stock but had an appointment and figured I'd get to it today (Sunday). They tried several times to order the white frost sprint version and it wouldn't allow them. It sounded like it was something that had just happened recently because they were shocked it was unavailable for them to select the preorder. I did notice you can buy it on best buys website. I wonder if that would still qualify as a preorder.

Any suggestions gents? I'd rather preorder via best buy because of the instant rebate and I can also trade in my GS4 for about $155 with best buy warranty plus making the phone $0
    I know it has to be in store pick up to qualify. See if it gives you that option I know AT&T said coming soon for days and probably still does.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-06-2014 12:27 AM
    Well that sucks. I'll go into a best buy today and speak with a manager.

10-06-2014 07:32 AM

Maybe try preordering on the website but make sure to select to pick it up in the store as BB requires that to get the gift card.
    10-06-2014 10:01 AM
    I know it has to be in store pick up to qualify. See if it gives you that option I know AT&T said coming soon for days and probably still does.

Only VZW has coming soon as of right now. AT&T and Sprint are both orderable, although I didn't walk through an entire order.
    10-06-2014 10:02 AM
    Just curious, does the trade in phone have to be one with active service?
    10-06-2014 11:01 AM
    Just curious, does the trade in phone have to be one with active service?
    Sure hope not as my trade won't. Nothing in any of the Terms and Conditions says it has to be an active phone to qualify.
    10-06-2014 11:04 AM
    You won't get the money from Samsung since their offer says if you trade in at BB you are not eligible for the Samsung promo. Then again it said customers who receive their rebate at BB, so maybe you'll get lucky.

https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/Mobile

It has nothing to do with where you TRADE IN YOUR OLD PHONE... you're only ineligible for the samsung promotion if you PRE ORDER THE DEVICE FROM BEST BUY AND RECEIVE THE $200 DIRECT FROM THEM. I spoke to samsung customer service and they assured me I'd be able to pre-order from my VZW store and trade in my old phone seperately at BB and I would be good to go with the promotion through Samsung.
    10-06-2014 11:21 AM
    According to who? A local BB employee? Preorders for VZW are not even available, and have never been, on the BB website.

Who says, that has ANY degree of credibility, that ALL VZW NE area preorders are 'sold out?'
    Dude go try and pre-order a verizon note 4 in the NE and see what happens lol, I have been to 6 locations. The NE warehouse has hit it's limit for Verizon note 4 pre-orders. If people want to waste time and gas like I did then fine... go for it.... I tried to tell you ahead of time... I did not want to think it was true either but when I hear it from the General Manager of all 6 locations I visited, I start to believe it... I am going to hold off another 5-7 days before I preorder from VZW just to make sure but I believe this is the route I am going to have to take...
    10-06-2014 11:24 AM
    i've been trying to preorder my vzw note 4 all weekend and unfortunately i've been getting the same response that pre-orders are "sold out." i contacted 5 different best buys in the los angeles area today and none were able to place a pre-order for a vzw note 4. They could place orders for att and sprint models.

I'm still hoping this is a system glitch and will try again tomorrow. I just have a difficult time believing best buy could have already sold out of their entire note 4 pre-order inventory...unless they had extremely limited stock. If all else fails, i'll just pre-order directly from vzw and trade in my droid x2 at best buy ($15 trade in value at best buy vs $7 at vzw). Although i definitely would prefer the instant best buy rebate.
    so happy i found your quote dude... Me and you are in the exact same boat... I was told the same exact thing both days this weekend at 3 locations saturday and then 3 more locations sunday... And i was thinking of doing the same exact thing with preordering through vzw and seperately trading in my old one at best but cuz of the value... Lets please stay in touch and if one of us has any luck at bb let the other know... So relieving that there is some1 else out there going through the exact same thing... Really really hope you see this man!!
    10-06-2014 11:28 AM
    so happy i found your quote dude... Me and you are in the exact same boat... I was told the same exact thing both days this weekend at 3 locations saturday and then 3 more locations sunday... And i was thinking of doing the same exact thing with preordering through vzw and seperately trading in my old one at best but cuz of the value... Lets please stay in touch and if one of us has any luck at bb let the other know... So relieving that there is some1 else out there going through the exact same thing... Really really hope you see this man!!
    Haha, misery loves company I guess. I'm going to give my local Best Buys a call this morning and see if anything has changed.

What's frustrating is that most stores don't seem to have a clue what's going on. Some told me they were sold out, others said there was a system malfunction in their ordering system.
    10-06-2014 11:51 AM
    Haha, misery loves company I guess. I'm going to give my local Best Buys a call this morning and see if anything has changed.

What's frustrating is that most stores don't seem to have a clue what's going on. Some told me they were sold out, others said there was a system malfunction in their ordering system.
    God, what a cluster for you guys.

Since the BB website still can't preorder the VZW one, but you can for the other two, I dunno? If you're ordering a VZW, wait til the website starts taking preorders before trying the stores again? And if the stores can't order the AT&T/Sprint ones, use the website?

Either way it sounds like a damn disaster!
    10-06-2014 11:59 AM

God, what a cluster for you guys.

Since the BB website still can't preorder the VZW one, but you can for the other two, I dunno? If you're ordering a VZW, wait til the website starts taking preorders before trying the stores again? And if the stores can't order the AT&T/Sprint ones, use the website?

Either way it sounds like a damn disaster!
    Yea I keep checking the website every hour haha... i do agree with you Steve about the verizon one never being available on the website from the start... i thought i was the only one that noticed that... that is the only thing that is keeping me hopeful right now about still being able to do this through best buy... what sucks is, i work monday-friday 12 noon to 10 pm every single day so im pretty much limited to the weekend for getting to the BB store... I am just praying this works out for us somehow... keep each other posted UCS..
    10-06-2014 12:13 PM
    Yea I keep checking the website every hour haha... i do agree with you Steve about the verizon one never being available on the website from the start... i thought i was the only one that noticed that... that is the only thing that is keeping me hopeful right now about still being able to do this through best buy... what sucks is, i work monday-friday 12 noon to 10 pm every single day so im pretty much limited to the weekend for getting to the BB store... I am just praying this works out for us somehow... keep each other posted UCS..
    At this point, given the cluster the stores seem to be offering up, I'd wait 14 more days to have BB open up the preorders on their site for VZW. If they totally botch the thing, you can still do the preorder from another retailer and still qualify for the Samsung provided rebate. It's not what either of us wants (I want the $200 right now when I pick it up please) but it may be our only option.

Also, there is one good thing with the VZW delay - all the formal reviews on the AT&T version will be out before our preorder window closes. If the phone somehow blows or disappoints like the S5 reviews did, at least we'll know. And also by the 20th or so, the Nexus 6 and Droid Turbo should have some sort of either formal announcement or more extensive leaks.
    10-06-2014 12:19 PM
    It has nothing to do with where you TRADE IN YOUR OLD PHONE... you're only ineligible for the samsung promotion if you PRE ORDER THE DEVICE FROM BEST BUY AND RECEIVE THE $200 DIRECT FROM THEM. I spoke to samsung customer service and they assured me I'd be able to pre-order from my VZW store and trade in my old phone seperately at BB and I would be good to go with the promotion through Samsung.
    To me, the term "trade-in" means that you are trading your old phone for a new one, which reduces the price of the new one. Just like when you buy a new car and trade your old one in at the dealer. It sounds to me that you are talking about just going to BB and selling them your old phone, not trading it in (since you are not buying a new phone from BB). Does BB buy old phones from customers who aren't buying a new phone there? Maybe they do, I don't know.
    10-06-2014 12:34 PM
    To me, the term "trade-in" means that you are trading your old phone for a new one, which reduces the price of the new one. Just like when you buy a new car and trade your old one in at the dealer. It sounds to me that you are talking about just going to BB and selling them your old phone, not trading it in (since you are not buying a new phone from BB). Does BB buy old phones from customers who aren't buying a new phone there? Maybe they do, I don't know.
    Not in this case with the Best Buy offer. You give them a phone - they give you $200 gift card when you're buying the Note 4. It does have to be at the same time though. And BB will simply buy your old electronics without requiring a purchase, just like Carmax does to use your car analogy.

But with the Samsung offer, yes. You trade in a phone (somewhere - even as a separate transaction and/or from a different retailer than where you buy the phone) and then Samsung sends you a check for $200 minus the value of your traded phone.
    10-06-2014 01:11 PM
    Quick update. Spoke with the mobile manager at my local Best Buy this morning and he said that each district (not store) was allocated a certain number of Note 4s for preorders. He said that my local district has reached it's maximum number of preorders and he could not place any additional orders.

This whole Best Buy preorder has been a mess. Even with the iPhone 6, which absolutely had crazy preorder numbers, you could still preorder a device even though it was backordered for a few weeks.
    10-06-2014 01:25 PM
    Quick update. Spoke with the mobile manager at my local Best Buy this morning and he said that each district (not store) was allocated a certain number of Note 4s for preorders. He said that my local district has reached it's maximum number of preorders and he could not place any additional orders.

This whole Best Buy preorder has been a mess. Even with the iPhone 6, which absolutely had crazy preorder numbers, you could still preorder a device even though it was backordered for a few weeks.
    That's just stupid to limit preorders like that. So what happens if you preorder via the BB website? Will no show it being unavailable? Are you preordering AT&T or Sprint?
    10-06-2014 01:31 PM
    So with BB online it looks like I can order the Sprint phone, but I'll pay full price for each phone (I need two for two different lines). How do I get to use the BB gift card against the purchase price if I'm already paying full (contract) price for the phone? Has anyone found out that info from BB?
    10-06-2014 01:37 PM
    So with BB online it looks like I can order the Sprint phone, but I'll pay full price for each phone (I need two for two different lines). How do I get to use the BB gift card against the purchase price if I'm already paying full (contract) price for the phone? Has anyone found out that info from BB?
    Still don't know if we can buy off contract and get the promo. We'll see on the 17th....

10-06-2014 01:41 PM
    So you're buying two phones at full price but activating them there in BB? Does the preorder require you to pay for the phones now when you select in store pickup? Since you have to do instore, it seems strange they'd charge you full price right now.

But I'm getting a VZW one so I can't do my own preorder to see what happens.
    10-06-2014 01:45 PM
    Not full price. I'm on contract, and upgrade eligible on both lines, so I'd be charged the $349 Sprint upgrade price. But instead of what I've heard is happening in-store at BB locations (paying $50 to get a $50 BB gc) the website is charging me the FULL contract price of $349 ($421 plus tax and all that). So I don't know how I'd get to leverage the promotion if my credit card is already charged the full contract price and it gets shipped to me. Was wondering if anyone else had faced the same issue (I guess folks on ATT or Sprint, since Verizon folks can't pre-order from BB website at all). If not, maybe I'll call the nearest BB store and find out. I did find out yesterday that of course, BB is not honoring rain checks on the N4 out of stock items.
    10-06-2014 01:53 PM
1,383 ... 1617181920 ...