Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

I went to Best Buy on Tuesday and they told me that they were not accepting Sprint Note 4 pre-orders yet -- the "system" wouldn't let them click on the pre-order option. I was told to come back later in the week.

I want to the same Best Buy last night and, again, they would not let me pre-order the Note 4 on Sprint. They told me it had been "released early" and that shipments will arrive in store late next week. They also told me that I can still get the $200 gift cart with any trade in; no pre-order necessary. I just have to show up.

I don't believe them at all, and I'm going to try a different Best Buy today. (I visited this alternate Best Buy last week, and they told me I could pre-order the white Note 4 and not the Black Note 4.)

Very frustrating...

I was told I HAD to preorder as the preorder promotion date of Samsung's offer expires the day before it's released.

To be safe, I'd take exactly what Samsung says about the terms and conditions of their offer, and apply it to BB (dates/trade in value per BB/etc). That way, if BB balks, you can point to Samsung's offer. Also, if BB COMPLETELY flakes, and you've already complied with Samsung's terms, you can just have BB do the trade in and sell/activate the phone, then you submit the docs directly to Samsung and forget BB.

Last edited:

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

I too went to the local BB store to play with it. (Littleton CO). Was also told any old smartphone (old ancient ones/Cricket/Boost/whatever) with no damage is eligible for the $200 promotional gift card that could immediately be applied to the N4 purchase.

But given previous posts that state the order steps through a loooong process in their ordering system to sell the phone/upgrade or create a line/create the trade in/process the gift card/charge the tax etc..., I'm going to be pessimistic and believe that if the BB system doesn't already have the trade in valued at at least $10, you're going to have a problem getting the entire transaction done. Especially given what @davekr just posted.

I know it doesn't say anywhere on BB site that the phone must be worth at least $10, but Samsung clearly does, and again, being pessimistic, I bet they'll fall back on that 'trade in must be worth $10 according to us at BB' in order to qualify for the $200 gift card.

Hope I'm wrong, but I bet I'm right. Check here to see what BB says your trade in is worth: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...11.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat133600050011&token=r9cjNc58

You just might save yourself a major headache.

I'd hate to be a Best Buy manager on release day if they balk and try to pull a fast one on all of us obsessed N4er's

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

I'd hate to be a Best Buy manager on release day if they balk and try to pull a fast one on all of us obsessed N4er's

Me too. Gonna be some burning people when BB people shrug their shoulders and say your trade in doesn't qualify.

Jarvis73

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Too bad they won't just take $200 off the top and let you give them your old phone that would be so much easier

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Too bad they won't just take $200 off the top and let you give them your old phone that would be so much easier

That seems like the goal. It just seems to be shaky on what qualifies for the trade in. I know I want to get rid of some old heap sitting in a drawer and get $190 extra for it.

TexasRED

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

i just preordered the N4 at the t-mo store. it look a long time. but the good news is that at the end of the day, i was able to get a single paper outlining the fact that i preordered the N4, paid the tax and shipping (to my house), and that i'm trading in a phone worth $21 with imei & serial numbers. hopefully now all i need is to wait for the N4 to be delivered, and submit this paper i got today to samsung. this is on a new postpaid account, with paying 31.24 a month for 24 months. all told $749.76 + tax (9% here in LA county... yikes!) i can't wait for the 17th to roll around.

I just did this today as well. My only concern is that on the TMO reciept the device trade in value was listed as "estimated" and I was told that I would be shipping the trade-in device with a pre-paid shipping package.

So I'm not sure if I should be waiting to get the note4 and ship it back and show some receipt of actually getting my $21 for my phone, or if my preorder receipt is sufficient.

Boy this process is complicated.

ktm_scott

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I ordered mine for Sprint from Best Buy with a $200 credit on my S3. The only restriction is the S3 screen cannot be cracked and the phone has to at least power on. The Best Buy promotion requires a $50 Best Buy gift card purchase/down payment, which is applied to the $150 price tag with contract renewal. If you back out, you can use the card on whatever you want. Counting the days...

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

I just did this today as well. My only concern is that on the TMO reciept the device trade in value was listed as "estimated" and I was told that I would be shipping the trade-in device with a pre-paid shipping package.

So I'm not sure if I should be waiting to get the note4 and ship it back and show some receipt of actually getting my $21 for my phone, or if my preorder receipt is sufficient.

Boy this process is complicated.

yeah, this is concerned me too. i was going to send them the preorder form with the estimated trade-in value, as well as some sort of proof that t-mo got my trade in that i mail in. i was thinking a receipt email or at the very least an emailing telling me that they sent me an envelope for me to ship the phone back. whatever i have before the deadline, i will send them a copy of. i figure just give them everything i get and let them figure it out. they must know that this is the only way trade-in works at t-mo.

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

Well here's a new one. I was told that the phone to be traded in had to have been purchased at Best Buy to qualify for the $200 promotion. Mine was not.

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Well here's a new one. I was told that the phone to be traded in had to have been purchased at Best Buy to qualify for the $200 promotion. Mine was not.

Smh I bet before long they'll be telling us all kinds of crazy things. Can't get a straight answer to save our $200.

Posted via Android Central App

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I just completed my pre-order on the Verizon website. It said that my trade-in was $95.00. They said they'd send me a box to send my Note 2 back in. The only thing is I didn't get anything in writing showing the $95.00 and I thought I needed that, right? Anyway, I'm all set to see the phone anywhere between the 21st and 25th of October. Come on, let's go month, you're taking too long! LOL!

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

LOL Who ever told you that is the worst employee on the face of the earth... that is NOT true... just so you know... Now I've officially heard everything!

I am going up to the local BB today (Deptford, NJ) to try and pre-order... I will post what happens when I get back! Wish me luck guys!

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site

This has got to be the most confusing promo in the world.

I pre-ordered from Verizon, and I was going to trade in my phone to Verizon. What gives me pause is the rules from the promo website

"A Participant who chooses to submit his/her receipts online must first
print his/her name on the original register receipt, sign and date the receipt,
and then follow the on-screen prompts to upload a photograph of the original
register receipts showing both the trade-in value and device pre-order,
respectively. You must circle the trade-in credit and device pre-order on the
original receipts"

Notice how it says "register receipt" twice? Verizon only does trade-ins via mail, and then they send you a e-gift card. I can't imagine I'm going to get a "register receipt" for that. That really makes me wonder if they are going to use that to invalidate my trade-in. That had me thinking to keep my pre-order through Verizon, but to go Best Buy to trade in a device because I know they give you an actual "register receipt" for trade-ins.

I emailed prizelogic support from the Customer Service link on the promo website for some more clarification.

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

LOL Who ever told you that is the worst employee on the face of the earth... that is NOT true... just so you know... Now I've officially heard everything!

I am going up to the local BB today (Deptford, NJ) to try and pre-order... I will post what happens when I get back! Wish me luck guys!

Well apparently it's a long Island thing. The rep said I could go into NYC or NJ and do it there. Just not in Suffolk and Nassau counties on long Island. Most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

This has got to be the most confusing promo in the world.

I pre-ordered from Verizon, and I was going to trade in my phone to Verizon. What gives me pause is the rules from the promo website

"A Participant who chooses to submit his/her receipts online must first
print his/her name on the original register receipt, sign and date the receipt,
and then follow the on-screen prompts to upload a photograph of the original
register receipts showing both the trade-in value and device pre-order,
respectively. You must circle the trade-in credit and device pre-order on the
original receipts"

Notice how it says "register receipt" twice? Verizon only does trade-ins via mail, and then they send you a e-gift card. I can't imagine I'm going to get a "register receipt" for that. That really makes me wonder if they are going to use that to invalidate my trade-in. That had me thinking to keep my pre-order through Verizon, but to go Best Buy to trade in a device because I know they give you an actual "register receipt" for trade-ins.

I emailed prizelogic support from the Customer Service link on the promo website for some more clarification.

That is not going to work just so you know... I was thinking of doing the same thing however if you use BB for either of the 2 things then your not eligible for the promotion through Samsung... You're gonna get screwed one way or another if you do it this way, I promise you... I don't know why you do not just pre order through BB and then bring your trade in on the day you pick your note 4 up and save $200 instantly on the note 4??? Why are people making this so much more difficult than it is???????

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the only deal that will work as planned and expected by customers is the BB one. There are too many conditions and the process is confusing. BB has no paperwork and no mail in and no wait.

I think Samsung is about to get a LOT of customers very pi$$ed off and likely to get hit with a class action, depending on the level of rejections.

BTW, these big redemption campaigns are almost always contracted out and all the sponsor Samsung does is send payments to an account.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

That is not going to work just so you know... I was thinking of doing the same thing however if you use BB for either of the 2 things then your not eligible for the promotion through Samsung... You're gonna get screwed one way or another if you do it this way, I promise you... I don't know why you do not just pre order through BB and then bring your trade in on the day you pick your note 4 up and save $200 instantly on the note 4??? Why are people making this so much more difficult than it is???????

Ordering through verizonwireless.com is the only way to keep unlimited data.

If I traded my rezound in they would only give me $9 which is not enough to be valid for the promotion.

Is there anywhere else I could trade it in that isn't best buy?

TexasRED

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

yeah, this is concerned me too. i was going to send them the preorder form with the estimated trade-in value, as well as some sort of proof that t-mo got my trade in that i mail in. i was thinking a receipt email or at the very least an emailing telling me that they sent me an envelope for me to ship the phone back. whatever i have before the deadline, i will send them a copy of. i figure just give them everything i get and let them figure it out. they must know that this is the only way trade-in works at t-mo.

I was thinking the same thing, but this one liner about how long it could take makes me just want to submit my preorder form. The person taking my preorder mentioned something along the same time frame.

Customer must be active and in good standing at time credit is processed; applied within 2-3 bill cycles.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Ordering through verizonwireless.com is the only way to keep unlimited data.

If I traded my rezound in they would only give me $9 which is not enough to be valid for the promotion.

Is there anywhere else I could trade it in that isn't best buy?

Amazon. They're offering $17.24 to $51.72 for a Rezound. ( Amazon.com: HTC Rezound 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories ). Right side select 'trade in.'

Then I'd print off their paperwork, then preorder through Amazon too, then print that order form and after the 10th, submit them online to Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca