02-27-2015 11:48 PM
1,383 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Not full price. I'm on contract, and upgrade eligible on both lines, so I'd be charged the $349 Sprint upgrade price. But instead of what I've heard is happening in-store at BB locations (paying $50 to get a $50 BB gc) the website is charging me the FULL contract price of $349 ($421 plus tax and all that). So I don't know how I'd get to leverage the promotion if my credit card is already charged the full contract price and it gets shipped to me. Was wondering if anyone else had faced the same issue (I guess folks on ATT or Sprint, since Verizon folks can't pre-order from BB website at all). If not, maybe I'll call the nearest BB store and find out. I did find out yesterday that of course, BB is not honoring rain checks on the N4 out of stock items.
    Just for grins, I'm attempting a Sprint preorder on the website. You're totally right (and I can't believe this) that the website only allows shipping. There is no 'store pickup' option available, which is the only one you can choose in order to get the gift card.

This is so so stupid!

EDIT: I just tried it with AT&T as a new customer selecting a data plan, the $299 subsidized price, insurance etc. and it TOO said shipping only. No in store pickup. Which would mean no gift card.

Note 4 - Samsung  0 trade in promotion-capture.png
    Shelacios likes this.
    10-06-2014 01:57 PM
    hey all .. so assuming BB Promotion for $200 is off, are these the other options?

1 .. pre-order from VZW then trade in the old phone at BB
    2 .. how about pre-order and trade in from Amazon?
    10-06-2014 02:53 PM
    Just came back from a Best Buy in NYC and was able to pre-order the white note 4 for Verizon. Like what everyone else said, I paid $50 to reserve the phone and they also gave me a $50 gift card. The guy who took my order didn't have any info on the promo though when I asked.
    10-06-2014 02:58 PM
    I just went to my local Verizon store (Irvine, CA) to preorder. I was shocked that they didn't even have a Note 4 on display and was glad I went to BB last week to check it out. None of the employees had heard of the Samsung offer. They first tried to tell me it was this VZW trade-in deal and handed me a flyer that clearly said it was for iPhone trade-ins.

Anyway, I showed them the Samsung promotion website on my phone and the manager was like "Ok whatever. We don't have anything to do with that. That's between you and Samsung." Ok. A sales rep tried to place my full-price preorder, but the system kept kicking it back. He finally asked another rep and she tried, but then she told me that preorders were only for new 2-yr activation. No....not correct. So after a few minutes of arguing, they got the sale to go through as an "item sale" without a contract. I was told that my phone would ship by 10/23 and then bring my old phone back in for trade-in. They will give me a Verizon gift card for the value and a receipt to turn into Samsung. It was a serious hassle, but I think I'm good to go. Am I missing anything here? I was a bit underwhelmed by the customer service, as I was basically throwing $750 at them.

In my opinion (as others have said here), Samsung majorly flubbed the roll out of Note 4 and this rebate offer. This should be plastered everywhere in the store and online to try to combat the iPhone 6 sales.
    10-06-2014 02:59 PM
    Just came back from a Best Buy in NYC and was able to pre-order the white note 4 for Verizon. Like what everyone else said, I paid $50 to reserve the phone and they also gave me a $50 gift card. The guy who took my order didn't have any info on the promo though when I asked.
    I have no clue how you got fortunate and got that, because I just called another BB, and the guy told me that "system-wide" BB was not accepting any more pre-orders for the N4. He could place no pre-order because it was blocked in the system. He said he wasn't sure if that was going to change in the coming week or so.
    10-06-2014 03:12 PM
    I'm literally in the same boat as all of you now looking for a Note 4 through BB for Sprint. I think we may have missed our opportunity. I've tried many times to order online but you must "pick-up in store" to quality for the $200 rebate. So hopefully we continually call BB and check to see if their systems allows the preorder, pray the website allows up to pick-up in store, or suck it up go through the carrier and wait forever and a day for our rebate from Samsung.
    Shelacios likes this.
    10-06-2014 03:16 PM
    Yeah..how did you pull that off? If you really did get a pre-order in then I should be able to order online and ship to store or go to a local BB and preorder
    10-06-2014 03:18 PM
    From what I can tell store pickup has never been an option online. I placed my pre order in the store because of this fact and because I want to pick it up the day it releases lol

Posted via Android Central App
    10-06-2014 03:22 PM
    If you look at the promo page on best buy website it says you should be able to order online and choose "store pickup" to qualify.

10-06-2014 03:32 PM
    If you look at the promo page on best buy website it says you should be able to order online and choose "store pickup" to qualify.

Except when I actually tried it today (10/6) with both a full non subsidized Sprint one and then a brand new contract subsidized AT&T one, the 'pick up at store' was not an option. Only shipping it directly to you was selectable.

See here earlier today: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post3942616

EDIT: I just tried it again with a black AT&T preorder/new line/full subsidy. Picking up in the store is not an option.I tried multiple zip codes (90210/60504/10017) and multiple options of AT&T and Sprint and not a single one gave me the option for store pickup.

As of right now, it seems one cannot use the BB website for this phone and be eligible for the $200 BB gift card.
    mrhankey184 likes this.
    10-06-2014 03:36 PM
    Yes, I believe that is because the preorder limit is unavailable or has reached it's limit.

10-06-2014 03:42 PM

You should be able to but you can't. That's part of why this is frustrating. I was going to place my order online and choose in store pickup but it's not an option. Probably won't be either until release. I was going to wait till closer to release to order online but impatience got the best of me.

10-06-2014 03:45 PM
    Yes, I believe that is because the preorder limit is unavailable or has reached it's limit.

Both color phones in both carriers, in three different zip codes and every single one is sold out?

I don't buy it. Unless people have been able to solely use the website to create a preorder that allows in store pick up and now we can't.
    10-06-2014 03:46 PM
    You should be able to but you can't. That's part of why this is frustrating. I was going to place my order online and choose in store pickup but it's not an option. Probably won't be either until release. I was going to wait till closer to release to order online but impatience got the best of me.

But if one waits until it's released, the promo is no longer good.

It seems you *must* go to the store to do this if you're on AT&T or Sprint.
    10-06-2014 03:47 PM
    Is it possible for you guys to order it from the store in NYC and ship it to your local best buy? This is the one I went to.

622 Broadway
    New York, NY 10012
    Phone: 212-673-4067
    10-06-2014 03:53 PM
    "They will give me a Verizon gift card for the value and a receipt to turn into Samsung. "

If you are saying you are buying the phone at BB then you are not eligible for the Samsung N4 promotion, only the BB N4 promotion. That is clearly stated on the terms on the Samsung promo form. If you submit a BB receipt directly to Samsung they will reject the submission. The folks in the BB stores are clueless (probably because management has not given them guidance on the promotion terms).

Also the online BB reps for their promotions stated that off contract purchases are not eligible for the promotion. You can pay full price for the phone but you must activate a plan in store. That is not clear from the written terms. Your best bet is to do what another poster did and get the BB manager to write the terms down (e.g any smartphone, off contract, etc) and sign it.

I have cancelled my BB pre-order because of the confusion. I knew there was a reason I haven't gone to best buy in years.
    10-06-2014 03:53 PM
    "They will give me a Verizon gift card for the value and a receipt to turn into Samsung. "

If you are saying you are buying the phone at BB then you are not eligible for the Samsung N4 promotion, only the BB N4 promotion. That is clearly stated on the terms on the Samsung promo form. If you submit a BB receipt directly to Samsung they will reject the submission. The folks in the BB stores are clueless (probably because management has not given them guidance on the promotion terms).

Also the online BB reps for their promotions stated that off contract purchases are not eligible for the promotion. You can pay full price for the phone but you must activate a plan in store. That is not clear from the written terms. Your best bet is to do what another poster did and get the BB manager to write the terms down (e.g any smartphone, off contract, etc) and sign it.

I have cancelled my BB pre-order because of the confusion. I knew there was a reason I haven't gone to best buy in years.
    That's not correct. You can purchase it at BB, but *not* go for the gift card promotion. You would then trade in your trade and then submit the docs directly to Samsung.

What you cannot do is get both the $200 gift card offer *plus* the $200-the trade in value. You can't double dip.

Now, is it possible for the program rebate administrator to reject any phone purchased at Best Buy? Sure, but the exact T&Cs only say you can't double dip. It doesn't say you cannot buy at BB.
    10-06-2014 03:58 PM
    But if one waits until it's released, the promo is no longer good.

It seems you *must* go to the store to do this if you're on AT&T or Sprint.
    Exactly. Idk why that is. I wouldn't think because of inventory because it should be the same as ordering in store. It has said in store pickup is "coming soon" since day one....

10-06-2014 03:58 PM
    Exactly. Idk why that is. I wouldn't think because of inventory because it should be the same as ordering in store. It has said in store pickup is "coming soon" since day one....

Curious. What has said in store pickup is coming? I see Preorder for AT&T and Sprint and Coming Soon for VZW ordering. But both AT&T and Sprint orders don't have a store pick up option at all - only shipping directly to you.
    10-06-2014 04:00 PM
    Curious. What has said in store pickup is coming? I see Preorder for AT&T and Sprint and Coming Soon for VZW ordering. But both AT&T and Sprint orders don't have a store pick up option at all - only shipping directly to you.
    Store pickup says coming soon.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Samsung  0 trade in promotion-22387.jpg  
    10-06-2014 04:04 PM
    Ahh didn't notice that as I didn't click on the details of each phone. I just clicked the preorder for the test orders I was doing.
    10-06-2014 04:07 PM
    Ahh didn't notice that as I didn't click on the details of each phone. I just clicked the preorder for the test orders I was doing.
    Yup and after seeing this for multiple days I figured they would not allow it. In fact I placed my order online originally in hopes of changing to in store pick up later but I cancelled.

10-06-2014 04:16 PM
    Ok, so rumors of this "sell out" are definitely not true.

I stopped by a local Best Buy while out for lunch and was successfully able to pre-order my VZW Note 4. This was the same store who this morning had told me their pre-order inventory was sold out.

So bottom line (1) Best Buy reps don't know what the heck is going on and (2) as of 12:30 PDT, you should be able to pre-order a VZW Note 4. If it wasn't for Best Buy's instant trade-in rebate, I would have definitely purchased elsewhere.
    sqa4life likes this.
    10-06-2014 04:19 PM
    Yup and after seeing this for multiple days I figured they would not allow it. In fact I placed my order online originally in hopes of changing to in store pick up later but I cancelled.

This is a great find - It also says the same thing for Sprint - Pick up coming soon...maybe we just have to wait?
    10-06-2014 04:21 PM
    Ok, so rumors of this "sell out" are definitely not true.

I stopped by a local Best Buy while out for lunch and was successfully able to pre-order my VZW Note 4. This was the same store who this morning had told me their pre-order inventory was sold out.

So bottom line (1) Best Buy reps don't know what the heck is going on and (2) as of 12:30 PDT, you should be able to pre-order a VZW Note 4. If it wasn't for Best Buy's instant trade-in rebate, I would have definitely purchased elsewhere.
    Which location if you don't mind? I'd like to call and check and figure out how I get my preorder in
    10-06-2014 04:22 PM
1,383 ... 1718192021 ...