02-27-2015 11:48 PM
1,383 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I called several best buys and then the last guy called their corporate office for me. They said you can not get 200 deal if buying phone outright because it has to be activated through their system. He said he could not think of a way to work this for me. Guess I'm buying from amazon and doing trade in through them too. Hope that works for samsung 200.

Posted via Android Central App
    How do you do a trade in with Amazon?

Sent from my Note 2
    10-11-2014 04:44 AM
    I did a trade in of LG lucid and sent to amazon for 20 dollars gift card. Preordered through them. I'm going to submit the receipts and proof via online at Samsung promotions site. Can send pic of receipts it says. Not sure if it will work but gonna try. Best buy will not give u 200 if buying off contract, at least for my area.

10-11-2014 08:28 AM
    How do you get a trade in receipt from Amazon. I submitted for a trade in and got a shipping label and a packing slip. Is packing slip considered a receipt or amazon will issue one once they receive the phone?

Given all the confusion with BB, I am thinking Amazon is safer option.
    10-11-2014 09:29 AM
    Considering BB takes $200 off the price when you pick up the N4 vs. having to mail receipts & info to Samsung and then wait 6-8 weeks to see if you get their rebate I don't think that's a safer option at all, just the opposite. Plus one of Samsung's terms states "While supplies last." whatever that's supposed to mean.
    10-11-2014 10:50 AM
    Ok so whats the best buy deal? I guess I've only been focused on the Samsung. I have my wife's old s2 to trade in and plan on going to best buy next Friday to order and trade?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    10-11-2014 11:44 AM
    Ok so whats the best buy deal? I guess I've only been focused on the Samsung. I have my wife's old s2 to trade in and plan on going to best buy next Friday to order and trade?

In order to qualify for the best buy promo you must preorder the phone before next Friday

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-11-2014 11:48 AM
    Ok here's another question. Will verizon take my wife's att S2 as a trade in for the Samsung deal or no since its not a verizon phone? Probably a dumb question

10-11-2014 11:49 AM
    Ok here's another question. Will verizon take my wife's att S2 as a trade in for the Samsung deal or no since its not a verizon phone? Probably a dumb question

Check the VZW online trade in calculator. That'll confirm if they offer anything for it.
    10-11-2014 11:51 AM
    Will verizon take my wife's att S2 as a trade in for the Samsung deal or no since its not a verizon phone?
    Verizon will take a phone from any carrier in trade. I bought a $40 LG Virgin Mobile prepaid phone from Best Buy and used it as my trade - Verizon gave me $12 for it, so it squeaked by just above the $10 minimum.

I do recommend trying Amazon's trade in program first, however - they seem to value old phones much greater. My HTC T-Bolt was worth $6 to Verizon, and Amazon offered me $48.
    10-11-2014 12:23 PM
    25 bucks. I think I'll just trade it in at my local verizon store and go the Samsung route. Sell my note 2 and maybe make a little money.

10-11-2014 12:26 PM
    so alright, here's a good question..

pre-ordered through VZW, but VZW only wants to give me 9 bucks for my GS3, which has a small hairline crack on the screen. Best buy, even with the crack, will give me 26 bucks.

i'm buying outright, so i'm not doing the best buy promotion; rather, i'm trying for the samsung one. since i pre-ordered through verizon, think they'd gimmie any BS by trading in at best buy for that 26 bucks, then uploading those two reciepts? it's from two different retailers, and since one is BB, i'm wondering if they would deny it...
    10-11-2014 12:49 PM

pre-ordered through VZW, but VZW only wants to give me 9 bucks for my GS3, which has a small hairline crack on the screen. Best buy, even with the crack, will give me 26 bucks.

i'm buying outright, so i'm not doing the best buy promotion; rather, i'm trying for the samsung one. since i pre-ordered through verizon, think they'd gimmie any BS by trading in at best buy for that 26 bucks, then uploading those two reciepts? it's from two different retailers, and since one is BB, i'm wondering if they would deny it...
    The promotion clearly states that the traded in phone must be free of cracks

Posted via the Android Central App
    jayochs likes this.
    10-11-2014 01:40 PM
    Quick question. Can I trade the Galaxy S in at att store, order note 4 at verizon and still qualify for the Samsung promo?

10-11-2014 03:01 PM
    Quick question. Can I trade the Galaxy S in at att store, order note 4 at verizon and still qualify for the Samsung promo?

The Galaxy S (AT&T Captivate in my case) is $8 trade in from AT&T so it doesn't qualify for the Samsung $200 rebate which states the trade in has to be a minimum of $10. Best Buy's online trade in calculator values it at $20 but if you buy at BB you get their instant $200 trade in rebate.
    10-11-2014 03:09 PM

Samsung's promo conditions don't say you can't do the purchase and trade in at two different locations. They're even listed in separate steps on their terms and conditions page. If Best Buy will give you $26, I'd say go for it. Samsung just wants to see the two receipts, and they'll never know your trade in's screen was cracked.
    steveinil and jayochs like this.
    10-11-2014 03:14 PM
    I'm done! Verizon gave me $10 for the Galaxy S Captivate. White N4 pre-ordered!

10-11-2014 03:47 PM
    Yea I'm gonna try to take pic of preorder and trade in receipt from amazon since I am buying outright. I couldn't find any other way.

10-11-2014 05:58 PM
    Ok I'm confused for the Samsung offer. I guess you can't do much until the phone comes in right?

I've got pre order receipt and trade in receipt. Do I send in anything now or wait until the phone comes in? Thanks

10-11-2014 06:27 PM
    Ok I'm confused for the Samsung offer. I guess you can't do much until the phone comes in right?

I've got pre order receipt and trade in receipt. Do I send in anything now or wait until the phone comes in? Thanks

You have to wait till the phone comes in because you have to enter the serial number and other info from the Note 4.

10-11-2014 06:50 PM
    That's what I thought. Thanks!

10-11-2014 06:50 PM
    Also verizon gave me $10 towards my trade in but said I wouldn't get the money until the N4 shipped. This makes no sense but that's what they kept insisting on? I figured I would get the 19 bucks today and then 190 from Samsung later?

10-11-2014 07:12 PM
    Went to best buy(Virginia) today to check if the promo works with Sprint easy pay. Guy says yes, you can get the 200$ gift card but can't use it on the purchase because you're paying for the phone thru Sprint. Just a heads up

10-11-2014 07:49 PM
    Does t-mobile customers quality for this promotion?
    My friend in Orange County went to BB and they said this promo doesn't apply to t-mobile customers. She called t-mobile and their rep don't know anything about this promo.
    10-11-2014 07:52 PM
    Does t-mobile customers quality for this promotion?
    My friend in Orange County went to BB and they said this promo doesn't apply to t-mobile customers. She called t-mobile and their rep don't know anything about this promo.
    The T-mobile preorder dates are listed in the T&C's so it definitely looks like they are.
    10-11-2014 08:36 PM
    Also verizon gave me $10 towards my trade in but said I wouldn't get the money until the N4 shipped. This makes no sense but that's what they kept insisting on? I figured I would get the 19 bucks today and then 190 from Samsung later?

Speak to someone else, my husband and I went to Verizon earlier, we traded in our phones and were asked if we were going to buy accessories with our trade in credits... We chose to apply it to our account & it was immediately applied to our account.
    10-11-2014 09:20 PM
1,383 ... 2425262728 ...