02-27-2015 10:48 PM
1,383 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Best Buy clearly states in their terms now the offer is for contract purchases only. This was updated almost two weeks ago.
    Next from at&t is a contract. An equipment contract.

BTW, I work for at&t and confirmed this. If you are eligible for an upgrade (Next or 2 year) you qualify for the rebate. If you don't qualify but you do qualify to add a line you can do what some others have mentioned: start a new line, get the rebate, cancel and pay etf. Since the BB promo is an instant rebate, that would be your best choice so you don't have to wait too long to receive the rebate before you cancel.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2014 11:08 PM
    Next from at&t is a contract. An equipment contract.

BTW, I work for at&t and confirmed this. If you are eligible for an upgrade (Next or 2 year) you qualify for the rebate. If you don't qualify but you do qualify to add a line you can do what some others have mentioned: start a new line, get the rebate, cancel and pay etf. Since the BB promo is an instant rebate, that would be your best choice so you don't have to wait too long to receive the rebate before you cancel.

How can you get it with Next when it clearly days two year contract and that the gift card must be applied to the phone?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-13-2014 11:12 PM
    Will Best Buy take a rooted phone? I really don't feel like figuring out how to restore my old phones back to stock.
    10-13-2014 11:17 PM
    Will Best Buy take a rooted phone? I really don't feel like figuring out how to restore my old phones back to stock.
    They don't say that they won't lol

10-13-2014 11:25 PM
    I feel like this promo is going to be all about the mood of the rep you are in front of lol

10-13-2014 11:26 PM
    How can you get it with Next when it clearly days two year contract and that the gift card must be applied to the phone?

That is a faq prepared with anticipated questions considered. It is not the end all of the promotion nor is it the full terms and conditions. Choose to believe me or not, the gift card can be used at any time. Will that be the case at your local Best Buy store? I don't know. YMMV.

As far as the 2 year contract, you must be eligible for an upgrade but you may choose to go the route of a 2 year contract or a NEXT contract. Again, will that be the case at your local Best Buy store? I don't know. YMMV

All that being said, there has been multiple Best Buy and Samsung employees that have said Next, Edge, etc. qualify. Yes, there has been a few who have said they don't but the majority agree Next type agreements qualify.

Bottom line: Friday we will hear stories from some who got the deal they expected while there will be others that got tangled up in the mess of details and came out frustrated.......and possibly without a shiny new Note 4.

10-13-2014 11:32 PM
    I read through the first 7 pages. And I really wanted this deal but the more questions and confused replies I see the more Im like "it isnt worth it" lol. Good luck to all those trying though.
    10-13-2014 11:55 PM
    Does anyone know yet if trading in a phone to Amazon will qualify? I have some old phones that can be traded in there.

If not, is there a low price phone that anyone has found that I could buy to trade in at AT&T/Verizon/wherever that qualifies that is cheap?
    10-14-2014 04:36 AM
    Can we still sign up for the phone freedom promo?
    I don't think so. Best Buy usually offers it at the beginning of the year to entice people who know they will be upgrading to buy a new device through them.

$50 Gift Card Offer- BestBuy
    10-14-2014 06:32 AM
    I'm trading in LG lucid at bb. Got off ebay for 20 bucks

10-14-2014 06:54 AM
    Does anyone know yet if trading in a phone to Amazon will qualify? I have some old phones that can be traded in there.

If not, is there a low price phone that anyone has found that I could buy to trade in at AT&T/Verizon/wherever that qualifies that is cheap?
    I am using a Droid X2 at BB although carriers seem to offer less for a phone than BB. Google the carriers trade in page it will tell you.

10-14-2014 07:02 AM
    I purchased a Huawei smartphone (runs Android very nicely) for $5.00 I found at a flea market this weekend and will use it for the Best Buy $200 gift card promotion. It's not on BB's list but I am pretty sure it does not matter and still qualifies.

When the Note 4 arrives I'll take BB's Ad in that states in big letters "....trade in of any working smartphone".
    In the fine print it says "Not all phones are eligible ..." and the very next sentence says "Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or lack power". So assume those are the restrictions and not the fact that it's not on their normal trade-in list (which is not mentioned anywhere in the Ad or disclaimer small print).

yeha.

Oh, Two BB employees confirmed bring in any working smartphone for a tradein and they were going to do the same.
    10-14-2014 07:40 AM
    So I was intrigued by the idea of getting the N4 under contract and paying ETF. However I'm on the mobile share plan which no longer subsidizes the cost of the phone. Is there any cheap work around for my case? Or buying outright is probably the best idea? (Since I assume if you start a new line and cancel it on a Next plan, you have to give the phone back also)
    10-14-2014 08:18 AM
    Friday is the day we will all find out what the real promo holds for us. Until then it's just a guessing game lol

10-14-2014 08:22 AM
    So I was intrigued by the idea of getting the N4 under contract and paying ETF. However I'm on the mobile share plan which no longer subsidizes the cost of the phone. Is there any cheap work around for my case? Or buying outright is probably the best idea? (Since I assume if you start a new line and cancel it on a Next plan, you have to give the phone back also)
    Can you explain more what you mean when you say you're on a mobile share plan that doesn't subsidize the phone cost? I personally am going to start a two year contract at BB then immediately go pay the ETF. I will get a $15 discount on my mobile share since I will no longer be on a contract. I may or may not terminate the line, haven't figured that party out yet.

10-14-2014 08:33 AM
    Ok, need some assistance. Receiving my Note 4 from T-mo this afternoon and have a nexus 4 to trade-in for the Samsung promotion. 1) Am I suppose to trade the device in at the store or online? 2) How or where do I get a copy of my Pre-order confirmation?
    10-14-2014 08:53 AM
    No pre order at carrier but trade in at BB.

Chatted online w Samsung and they said that if I preorder through best buy and trade in a phone at a carrier and give Samsung info on those receipts, that I'd be good to go. Anyone heard otherwise?
    10-14-2014 09:14 AM
    Chatted online w Samsung and they said that if I preorder through best buy and trade in a phone at a carrier and give Samsung info on those receipts, that I'd be good to go. Anyone heard otherwise?
    Do you have a number for Samsung support?? I have questions about this pre-order business
    10-14-2014 09:16 AM
    The FAQ says if you pre order at BB you have to do the trade in there. Ppl don't want to believe the FAQ as facts but I'm not about to lose out when it's plainly spelled out.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Samsung  0 trade in promotion-22412.jpg  
    10-14-2014 09:24 AM
    Can you explain more what you mean when you say you're on a mobile share plan that doesn't subsidize the phone cost? I personally am going to start a two year contract at BB then immediately go pay the ETF. I will get a $15 discount on my mobile share since I will no longer be on a contract. I may or may not terminate the line, haven't figured that party out yet.

Should've clarified I'm on ATT 10gb mobile share family plan. I don't think you can get any sort of subsidized phone perks on this sort of plan. So the only way is to fully buy your phone or fully buy it but have the cost spread out over 20 months. And I also believe if you go the 20 month plan, if you close the line early you have to give back the phone you were paying off. (I could be wrong about this).

Now, if we can just fire up a brand new phone number/line through BB with the subsidized cost, this would be worthwhile as you'll be paying maybe $400 before tax including the ETF fee (super rough estimate, I don't know the exact fee amount). So maybe I'll do that, except you have to remember they LOVE tacking on a bunch of fees when you start a new line.
    10-14-2014 09:28 AM
    I'm not sure if the Mobile Share plan you're speaking about is the same one I looked at and will probably switch to from my grandfathered unlimited data plan when I pick up my AT&T N4. The plan I looked at online charges an extra $15/mo for getting the subsidized N4 and there was a $25 upcharge which was probably for more than one subsidized phone upgrade on the same Mobile Share plan (it's either $15 or $25/mo not both). So if I'm understanding your post correctly you're saying you can't get a subsidized phone with Mobile Share and that is incorrect, you can. I spoke with AT&T about this before I preordered at BB.
    10-14-2014 09:42 AM
    I'm not sure if the Mobile Share plan you're speaking about is the same one I looked at and will probably switch to from my grandfathered unlimited data plan when I pick up my AT&T N4. The plan I looked at online charges an extra $15/mo for getting the subsidized N4 and there was a $25 upcharge which was probably for more than one subsidized phone upgrade on the same Mobile Share plan (it's either $15 or $25/mo not both). So if I'm understanding your post correctly you're saying you can't get a subsidized phone with Mobile Share and that is incorrect, you can. I spoke with AT&T about this before I preordered at BB.
    Oh? You can still get the $299 subsidized deal while on a mobile share plan? What's the point of the Next plan then in that case? I guess the ATT rep I spoke with must've lied to me or didn't know what they were talking about.
    10-14-2014 10:00 AM
    T-Mobile Users............Can anyone answer? Receiving my Note 4 from T-mo this afternoon and have a nexus 4 to trade-in for the Samsung promotion. 1) Am I suppose to trade the device in at the store, online, does it matter? 2) How or where do I get a copy of my Pre-order confirmation? Apparently it's needed for the promotion.
    10-14-2014 10:01 AM
    :
    T-Mobile Users............Can anyone answer? Receiving my Note 4 from T-mo this afternoon and have a nexus 4 to trade-in for the Samsung promotion. 1) Am I suppose to trade the device in at the store, online, does it matter? 2) How or where do I get a copy of my Pre-order confirmation? Apparently it's needed for the promotion.
    They only do trade ins online, meaning you have to mail it in. The box to do should come with the phone. I preordered in person, so they printed me out a receipt with the preorder and the trade in phone with all the numbers, serial&imei, at the bottom with the price they're giving me. If you did not get such an email, then contact customer support and demand one.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    10-14-2014 10:12 AM
    Oh? You can still get the $299 subsidized deal while on a mobile share plan? What's the point of the Next plan then in that case? I guess the ATT rep I spoke with must've lied to me or didn't know what they were talking about.
    Yes, you can still get the subsidized phone on the Mobile Share plan and pay an additional $15/mo for upgrading to a subsidized phone. So on a 2 year contract you will pay an additional $360 (24 x $15) plus the $100 for the upgrade after the $200 trade in rebate. Note 4's total cost = $460. I'm uncertain what the advantage to the Next plan is except for the fact I think you can upgrade without an ETF sooner than 2 years. Log into your AT&T wireless account and you can view the details under the "switch plans" tab.

I just checked under my login on the AT&T website and their Next program offers the N4 at $34.42 for 18 months or $41.30 for 12 mos. allowing a no charge upgrade after 18 or 12 mos respectively. So I guess the only advantage to their Next plans are lower monthly usage charges (in my case I can select my grandfathered unlimited plan for $69.99/mo and pick up unlimited minutes & text which I currently don't have) and the ability to upgrade sooner with no ETF. Also they don't charge the activation fee under the Next program which I've always had waived by calling their customer service.

I need to call AT&T again to clarify some of the pricing for monthly usage and after I do I'll post a cost comparison of keeping my grandfathered unlimited data, switching to Mobile Share and using Next. I'm probably going to switch to Mobile Share to pickup the personal hotspot for my laptop, if I wanted to add that with the unlimited data it would be an additional $20/mo.
    Zergslayer69 likes this.
    10-14-2014 10:17 AM
1,383 ... 2930313233 ...