Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

There's going to be a lot of ticked off BB customers when they realize that it's $200-x(value of trade in) and not $200 + trade in value

Who told you that? It says guaranteed $200 goody card for any working smartphone. You will get $200 when going thru BB up front.

Posted via Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

There's going to be a lot of ticked off BB customers when they realize that it's $200-x(value of trade in) and not $200 + trade in value

I don't know why anybody that understands the promotion would be ticked off at the $200 total rebate as that has clearly been explained from the start.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question $200 promotion at&t

Maybe being too technical, but it only states "customer must be eligible for new 2-year activation". It does not specfically state that you have to do a new 2-year contract, you just have to be eligible. So, idk...

Posted via the Android Central App

Good luck with that on release day. BB is full of idiots so I wouldn't take my chances. I've heard several different stories from them but the bottom line is when you go to pick up your phone you have to do a contract. The gift card has to be used toward the purchase of the phone how can you do that when you're not paying anything up front?

anon(5503495)

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Maybe being too technical, but it only states "customer must be eligible for new 2-year activation". It does not specfically state that you have to do a new 2-year contract, you just have to be eligible. So, idk...

Hmm. So if I paid an early upgrade fee for a new 2 year contract to get this phone I hope I'm eligible. $300+$250.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Isnt Bb just doing a straight up goft card compared to the others doing the carrier plus Samsung deal

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Hmm. So if I paid an early upgrade fee for a new 2 year contract to get this phone I hope I'm eligible. $300+$250.

I am doing it this way since I do not have an upgrade so I will do two year contract and get the promo. Then I'll go to AT&T and pay ETF and keep the phone. It's about 50% cheaper than buying outright. Then I'll sell my HTC One. I'm trading in a Droid X2.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Isnt Bb just doing a straight up goft card compared to the others doing the carrier plus Samsung deal

Yes, the carrier deal is whatever they give you for a trade in and then samsung gives you the rest up to 200$

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Why trade in your Note 2 for the samsung promo? Just get a cheap smartphone and use that for your promo trade in. I also have a Galaxy Note 2 but I will be selling that separately. I got a cheap smartphone off eBay for $20 and Verizon gave me $21 for it. That will be used for the $200 promo. Now I can sell my note 2 for $150 to $200 or more. So that's a total credit of $350 to $400 or more on my pre ordered phone. Even if you go back and trade your phone, it's still an additional amount on top of the $200 from Samsung.

May i ask what phone was that??

thanks!!

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Yes, the carrier deal is whatever they give you for a trade in and then samsung gives you the rest up to 200$

Yeah I know that, but if I'm not wrong BB only gives the gift card straight up. So I dont know why people should be getting ticked off when Samsung doesn't give them anything.

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

So I just went to best buy and am going to switch to at and t. I will pay etf for verizon. I will sell my lucid on friday and get note for 99. :)

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

BestBuy never advertised that you have to get a 2 year contract with the phone, that was Samsung. So as far as I'm concerned Best Buy will give you a trade in of 200$ no matter how you purchase the device, I guess we will all see on Friday lol

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Exactly. The Best Buy deal has nothing to do with Samsung :)

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

BestBuy never advertised that you have to get a 2 year contract with the phone, that was Samsung. So as far as I'm concerned Best Buy will give you a trade in of 200$ no matter how you purchase the device, I guess we will all see on Friday lol

Plainly stated here. Most of their promos require two year contract and the gift card has to be used toward the phone can't do that on Next or Edge. They may not be the same promo exactly but I guaranteed Samsung is paying for those $200 gift cards and it's also why you can't double dip. They are the same promo just handled differently or else why would the BB terms be spelled out on the Samsung page like they are below?

Attachments

• 22412.jpg
    22412.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 33

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Plainly stated here. Most of their promos require two year contract and the gift card has to be used toward the phone can't do that on Next or Edge. They may not be the same promo exactly but I guaranteed Samsung is paying for those $200 gift cards and it's also why you can't double dip. They are the same promo just handled differently or else why would the BB terms be spelled out on the Samsung page like they are below?

I can't wait to get the phone either way, I'll make sure to let you know if I manage to get the discount even though I'm buying off contract

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I was told by the BB and Samsung reps that Next on at&t does qualify. You get a $200 BB gift card. Some will choose to go the route of the 2 year contract while others will go the route of the equipment contract which is essentially what Next is. Either way, you have to qualify by getting into a contract. I plan on using the gift card to buy another Moto 360.

At any rate, I've already decided that if they don't give me the $200 gift card I'll be waiting for either the Nexus 6 or the Moto Droid Turbo......though I hope to get the N4 without any issue on Friday.

Dewsta

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Preordering a Verizon Note 4 from Best Buy... When do we get them?

I know Verizon themselves are releasing it a week later (23rd), but BB themselves told me the 17th when I preordered even though its a verizon version.

BB emplyees arent known to be the most knowledgable all the time, so I was wondering if anyone here had any idea? Will BB have to hold back the verizon note 4s til the 23rd, or will they just release them on the 17th along with the sprints/ at&ts, etc?

Anyone know?

Really want to get my hands on this thing. Been stuck using an old LG Ally since my galaxy s4 screen broke and its awful. But apparently since the Ally is in full working condition I get 200$ for it which almost sounds too good to be true.... its got a 0$ trade in value through BB, but a $20 through amazon.

If BB gives me trouble when I try to trade in my lg ally for the 200$, can i then trade it in to amazon and just get the 200$ from samsung? Or do you have to preorder and trade in a phone before the launch date?

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Preordering a Verizon Note 4 from Best Buy... When do we get them?

I know Verizon themselves are releasing it a week later (23rd), but BB themselves told me the 17th when I preordered even though its a verizon version.

BB emplyees arent known to be the most knowledgable all the time, so I was wondering if anyone here had any idea? Will BB have to hold back the verizon note 4s til the 23rd, or will they just release them on the 17th along with the sprints/ at&ts, etc?

Anyone know?

Really want to get my hands on this thing. Been stuck using an old LG Ally since my galaxy s4 screen broke and its awful. But apparently since the Ally is in full working condition I get 200$ for it which almost sounds too good to be true.... its got a 0$ trade in value through BB, but a $20 through amazon.

If BB gives me trouble when I try to trade in my lg ally for the 200$, can i then trade it in to amazon and just get the 200$ from samsung? Or do you have to preorder and trade in a phone before the launch date?

The note 4 on Verizon will be out the 23rd.

To do the note 4 trade in 200 dollars at bestbuy you have to have pre ordered

Dewsta

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Preordering a Verizon Note 4 from Best Buy... When do we get them?

The note 4 on Verizon will be out the 23rd.

To do the note 4 trade in 200 dollars at bestbuy you have to have pre ordered
Yes I already have the phone preordered from Best Buy. Its a verizon model though so I guess that means best buy wont release it to me until the 23rd?

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I was just at best buy and they said they will have Verizon and all carriers available on Friday. However, like everyone said they might be wrong

Dewsta

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I was just at best buy and they said they will have Verizon and all carriers available on Friday. However, like everyone said they might be wrong

Ok thanks, at least Im not the only one who heard this. Hopefully it ends up being true!