Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

Where did you get the updated flyer. The website still has the old one. Also hoping bestbuy will give the 200 for no contract purchases since it sounds like Samsung is reimbursing bestbuy. Why else would they not let best buy purchases qualify.

Posted via the Android Central App

Never mind. If I look at the page with desktopview it shows up for me. Based on these terms they do not restrict no contract purchases so bestbuy should honor the 200 promo on no contract purchases.

tdgwf

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

So I think me being prompt might have screwed me.... I traded in an old atrix with Best Buy 2 days ago and the guy told me this phone wouldn't be accepted with their 200$ thing (which he didn't even know about or have a clue) He stated even tho the trade in value of the phone was 15$ it was too "old" for Best Buy's promotion so I said fine ill just get the receipt for the 15$ and send that off the Samsung. Low and behold now Samsung's terms changed... No clue how I'm going to get this figured out now. Does this Best Buy promotion also restrict model of phone because he made it seem like it did.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Also when I clicked to see the full terms it mentions the bestbuy terms and does not say it has to be an on contract purchase. Hopefully bestbuy gets to correct info out to it's employees as it seems like it is still a Samsung promo at bestbuy and employees are telling people stuff that does not match the terms sheet

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Can you check how much bestbuy will be charging for the verizon note 4 off contract?

it shows up as 799 in the BB system, but 699 on the verizon site. when i was there at BB, they were going to price match the verizon price, so 699.

during the same visit, i was told that verizon note 4 (the same with note 3, s5, and iP5s) comes sim unlocked, so you can use it on any carrier, except sprint. the reason why i'm going with note 4 from t-mo is the wifi calling feature, which is baked into their baseband, thus only t-mobile branded phones can do this.

i just got back from t-mo store. what a painful experience that was... today is supposed to be the day when you can pre-order the note 4. simply clueless. i'll give them a couple of days before they get their [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] together.

Last edited by a moderator:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
best buy 200 GC promo and and samsung promo are 2 different promos....
Same promo. Samsung is fronting the cost on this. Best Buy is using the immediate $200 card at time of purchase as incentive to use them over carriers requiring people to go though paperwork and Samsung.

Samsung also updated the offer info to point out the Best Buy offer can not be combined with the carrier offer.

The only unknown is if you can get the offer with full price purchases. No clear answer yet from Best Buy, carriers or even Samsung.

It seems though the answer is leaning to contract only to get the deal.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

i just got back from t-mo store. what a painful experience that was... today is supposed to be the day when you can pre-order the note 4. simply clueless. i'll give them a couple of days before they get their [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] together.

Was in my TMO store today (750 is the price) and they were right on the money with info. No problem. Unfortunately, when you have thousands of employees and nationwide staff, there are always some who won't get things right.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Anybody plan on buying a phone on craigslist for a small loss to get this offer? I found an s2 for 50. Trade in is 25. So I would get 175 from samsung. Net 150 gain from the offer.

https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/cns/device_list

I thought about doing it with Best Buy. I'd call and ask them the details about it but I'm sure they know nothing. The Samsung guy didn't even know the pre orders were live last Friday!

Posted via Android Central App

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Anybody plan on buying a phone on craigslist for a small loss to get this offer? I found an s2 for 50. Trade in is 25. So I would get 175 from samsung. Net 150 gain from the offer.

check topcashback dot com. they had a $35 cashback on 3 phones from virgin mobile. 2 of them were worth nothing on trade-ins, but kyocera kona was worth about $21 on t-mo trade-in (sprint value is $20). the kona was on sale for $15.99. i will make ~$19 on top of the $200 from samsung. that is if t-mo will take my pre-order...

i should say that i was going to pickup an s2 on CL for about $40 to take a little loss...

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I took a look at what was for sale on Craigslist, but didn't feel confident that I might not buy a stolen phone that doesn't have a clean ESN, so I bought a trade-in phone on eBay. The selling company is a big eBay seller with a 99% rating, and they put a lot of cell phones up on very short auctions. I looked for one labeled by them as "Functionally Working but Moderate Cosmetic Wear" (as opposed to "Heavy Cosmetic Wear"). The S3's seem to go around $100, but I bought a Droid Razr for $70 (including shipping) that should comfortably be eligible at Best Buy.

alltechwholesale | eBay

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

That sales person is simply wrong. You can at least get a $200 gift card from Best Buy if you pre-order the Note 4. That is clear from their web page. The point I was trying to make is that it is not completely clear, and perhaps the $200 gift card is in addition to whatever they give you for trade-in (probably not, but the argument could be made).

But if the BestBuy and Samsung offers are "either one or the other, but not both," AND if the BestBuy gift card cannot be applied to the purchase of the Note 4, then maybe it's better to get $40 trade-in from BestBuy and $160 cash from Samsung. (Unless there is something else you want to buy at BestBuy in a couple weeks with the gift card.)

Do you work at Best Buy and therefore can say that with conviction? If so, what can I do to convince the BB employee to give me the $200 instead of the $40 his computer says I get? If not, can someone who does help out?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to this page and print it out: Search for galaxy note 4- Best Buy

It says:

Get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase with trade in of any working smartphone.

Valid 9/19/14-10/16/14. Order online or in store varies by carrier. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/TradeIn for full details.
*Online pre-orders must choose "Store Pickup" to qualify for trade-in offer.​

If you follow those instructions, pre-ordering at BestBuy during the specified time frame, when you go to the store to pick up your Note 4 and trade in your old phone, you are clearly supposed to get $200 for the trade-in.

The revised Samsung offer makes clear that it does not apply to people who trade in their phone at Best Buy.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

It says:

Get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase with trade in of any working smartphone.

Valid 9/19/14-10/16/14. Order online or in store varies by carrier. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/TradeIn for full details.

If you follow those instructions, pre-ordering at BestBuy during the specified time frame, when you go to the store to pick up your Note 4 and trade in your old phone, you are clearly supposed to get $200 for the trade-in.

The revised Samsung offer makes clear that it does not apply to people who trade in their phone at Best Buy.

Best Buy is doing the same deal, since Samsung is paying for their trade difference as well. The difference is Samsung is doing an immediate gift redemption rather than the paperwork and wait method with carriers/Samsung.

Best Buy catch is a gift card for immediate redemption and the carrier/Samsung catch is paperwork, waiting and perhaps rejection due to a technicality. You get a check though if all conditions are met.

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I wonder what does it mean" Bestbuy customer go to store on 10/17 to redeem instanly ??" Does it mean we got instant discount not a giftcard if we buy on 10/17 ?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

It says:

At this point store pickup is not even an option. I cancelled my pre-order because best buy won't ship until after 17th so I'd rather buy online then pickup in store.

Posted via Android Central App

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I wonder what does it mean" Bestbuy customer go to store on 10/17 to redeem instanly ??" Does it mean we got instant discount not a giftcard if we buy on 10/17 ?

Bestbuy is giving a gift card but you can apply it to the phone purchase is how it sounds to me.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy process can not be more simple.

1. Preorder
2. BB will contact youwhen the N4 is at the store.
3. Bring your phone to trade.
4. Take home your N4 and $200 gift card.

The only unknown is if fullprice purchases are part of the offer. The answer so far is different, depending on what BB you talk to. What matters is how their point of sale is set up to authorize the $200 gift card. There is no staff override option.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I see amazon has the verizon version up for preorder for 699. I wonder if they give some sort of preorder receipt. I am considering reordering through them but not sure if,their documents for preordering are good enough for the promo

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I think that is exactly what it means. Similarly, both this year and last I have signed up early in the year for a BestBuy upgrade reservation program for phones on my family plan that are coming eligible for upgrade, which then gives a $50 "gift card" if that line is upgraded before the end of the year. Each time I've then upgraded that phone, the $50 has just been applied to the purchase price instantly. I expect to get that $50 upgrade credit plus the $200 trade-in credit when I buy my Note 4 at Best Buy, so the Note 4 (Sprint) will only cost me $100 (plus my trade-in, a smartphone I bought off eBay for $70).