Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

15vailo50

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Denver,Co here

Just preordered my note 4 charcoal black for sprint at best buy...paid the 50 for the gift card and got my old Motorola Droid x2 accepted for the trade in...keeping my note 3 for back up yeaaaah can't wait

Posted via NOTE III

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Denver,Co here

Just preordered my note 4 charcoal black for sprint at best buy...paid the 50 for the gift card and got my old Motorola Droid x2 accepted for the trade in...keeping my note 3 for back up yeaaaah can't wait

Posted via NOTE III

I'm also trading in an X2. So if I have problems trading it in I'm going off!!

Posted via Android Central App

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

You guys think the verizon Motorola droid a855 is considered a smartphone that's eligible? Looking for the cheapest possible smartphones I can buy for this.

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

You guys think the verizon Motorola droid a855 is considered a smartphone that's eligible? Looking for the cheapest possible smartphones I can buy for this.

Your Smartphone has to be on Best Buy's trade in data base. If it is on there and it is worth 0 dollars. It is still eligible.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Re the ETF...

I talked to 2 different att reps today - one on chat and one in store. I described this exact scenario to them...

- Add a line to my current 10gb share plan for $299.
- $35 (or whatever) activation fee
- keep 4th line for 1 month at $40 on share plan
- cancel 4th line for $325 after 1 month
- after paying ETF, the device is mine

Total payments- $700

The att reps had no idea about the Samsung rebate, so I just left that out of the equation.

I then went to BB and described the above, but with their $200 GC, net paid would only be $500. The BB reps were like me, thinking that's too good to be true, but agreed with the math. The part they offered as a caution is if att somehow blocks the cancelled IMEI to where that cancelled device could not later be swapped out to my active/primary line or flagged my account for fraud to not me to buy any more phones through them.

So... Has anyone ETF'ed a device with att and later used that device as a hardware swap with att?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Very smart. Did you include the tax and fees too? :)
Still a very good deal

aerospacecase

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I have T-MOBILE and am in the JUMP program. I went to the local T-MOBILE store and asked about the $200 rebate. I have a Google Nexus Samsung SPH-D720 phone for the trade-in.
The agent didn't know about the rebate offer until I showed him the web page on my Galaxy S4. Then he said I couldn't trade in two phones at one time. Later he admitted that he had no clue and emailed a Samsung representative for help. He said he'll get back to me tomorrow.

Nowhere on the terms and conditions did it mention any restrictions about the T-Mobile Jump program.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario? To me, it seems that Samsung wants to sell more expensive phones and is using the offer as an incentive to upgrade to the Note 4. I'm basically happy with my S4 and have a $375 balance left on my account. By jumping to the Note, T-Mobile will pay off my S4 and then I start all over with a balance of $750. The incentive offer is separate from T-Mobile. But $200 off will spur me to upgrade.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

Is there a reason to wait a full month before canceling a new line? Is it because you get some portion discounted off the ETF? And yea I also thought it's too good to be true, but the numbers do work out. Maybe I should drop by ATT today and ask about what happens to your phone if you go through ETF and what the catches are.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site

I just pre-ordered the Verizon Note 4 in Charcoal Black at my local BB in San Diego. Like other posts mentioned, they charged me $50 for a gift card as deposit to be used towards the phone at pickup. I asked about the $200 promo and both clerks mentioned that it was for *any* smart phone as long as it was still in working condition without a cracked body or screen. I showed them my pristine Moto Droid X and they said it would be fine for trade in. I'm going to hang onto my S3 as a backup. They told me that I would receive an email on or before 10/23 for pickup. <thanks Verizon :p >

Good luck!
BestBuy told me the same thing..."ANY" smartphone that turns on, works without cracked screen would get me $200.00. The in-store Ad says the same ("ANY").

Kinda worries me but I'll just play stupid (easy for me:)) and nicely keep pushing it up the chain of command if the rep doesn't want to honor their Ad. Just worry they might want try to check "trade-in" value but that is not part of the Ad/deal.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

BestBuy told me the same thing..."ANY" smartphone that turns on, works without cracked screen would get me $200.00. The in-store Ad says the same ("ANY").

Kinda worries me but I'll just play stupid (easy for me:)) and nicely keep pushing it up the chain of command if the rep doesn't want to honor their Ad. Just worry they might want try to check "trade-in" value but that is not part of the Ad/deal.

As long as it's not part of the deal they can't be making up their own rules. Although it does mention something about trade in value but that's for Samsung not Best Buy. Hopefully they don't go interpreting it however they feel like. So from what people told me earlier, as long as the phone exists in their system and your phone isn't all banged up and broken, it SHOULD be accepted.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Is there a reason to wait a full month before canceling a new line? Is it because you get some portion discounted off the ETF? And yea I also thought it's too good to be true, but the numbers do work out. Maybe I should drop by ATT today and ask about what happens to your phone if you go through ETF and what the catches are.

As someone else said only if they try to make you return the phone. But like I said I had service for Like 8 days and told them to cancel and charge me ETF. In fact I should probably buy out of my current contract too....

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I talked to another rep this morning via chat and asked about the ETF and the phone under a different guise (setting it up as an innocent conversation, not pointing out the deal one could get).

Here's the tail off the chart (paraphrased)...

Me - so what happens to the phone aster l after I cancel?

Rep - the phone is yours as you have bought out your contact with att

Me - so I'm "stuck" with that phone

Rep - yes, it is yours and no longer is rutted to att

Me - could I try to sell it to recoup some of my ETF?

Rep - yes, the phone is no longer tied to attend

Me - could I swap that cancelled phone out to one of my other lines that has an older phone?

Rep - yes, you could do that too - the phone is yours to do whatever with

I'm going to go by my local att store later and pose the same innocent scenario to a rep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Is the AT&T note 4 only available to ship and not store pick up? If so can I still do the trade in promotion? Thanks

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I have T-MOBILE and am in the JUMP program. I went to the local T-MOBILE store and asked about the $200 rebate. I have a Google Nexus Samsung SPH-D720 phone for the trade-in.
The agent didn't know about the rebate offer until I showed him the web page on my Galaxy S4. Then he said I couldn't trade in two phones at one time. Later he admitted that he had no clue and emailed a Samsung representative for help. He said he'll get back to me tomorrow.

Nowhere on the terms and conditions did it mention any restrictions about the T-Mobile Jump program.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario? To me, it seems that Samsung wants to sell more expensive phones and is using the offer as an incentive to upgrade to the Note 4. I'm basically happy with my S4 and have a $375 balance left on my account. By jumping to the Note, T-Mobile will pay off my S4 and then I start all over with a balance of $750. The incentive offer is separate from T-Mobile. But $200 off will spur me to upgrade.

I'm running into same scenario, I agree with you Samsung wants to claim that they sold x millions at launch so our trade should count. I am planning to order it today, it's worth trying to get that $200.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Is the AT&T note 4 only available to ship and not store pick up? If so can I still do the trade in promotion? Thanks

You have to order in store it doesn't give the option to pickup in store on the website.

Kurt85

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

So here is my dilemma, hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

I pre-ordered from AT&T, and it looks like my phone is backordered and it might not come in this week. Does anyone know if I can try to get one in-store instead, but still get the Samsung $200 promo?

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

So here is my dilemma, hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

I pre-ordered from AT&T, and it looks like my phone is backordered and it might not come in this week. Does anyone know if I can try to get one in-store instead, but still get the Samsung $200 promo?

If you keep your pre-order you should be able to. Promo States it should be Pre ordered.

Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12