Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

spaceace414

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I too signed up for the promotion for the Verizon version. We signed up on the last possible day (October 16th) and surprisingly got an email today saying my phone will be ready tomorrow. I thought for sure it would take a while since I was last on the list.

Anyway...what are you guys doing as far as backing up your data and stuff before trading your phone? I have a Samsung SIII...do I just pull out my SD card and put it in the new phone? I know that my phone does backups of contacts and things...and I also know that when I sign into my Google account on the Note 4, all my apps will download. I just want to make sure I get all my data...plus if I need to erase anything on the old phone?

Thanks!

Sparky444

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I preordered from Best Buy because they quoted $15 for my Droid Charge (VZ was $8). I will turn down the Best Buy offer and submit for the Samsung offer so I can get cash instead of gift cards. Pay for the phone on edge ($35/mo but reduces my bill by $25. So it costs $10/mo for 20 mo or $200). I get another $50 gift card from Best Buy for signing up back in February to buy a new phone there in 2014. So $200 from Samsung pays for the phone, and additional $50 gift card. Winner, Winner.

Sparky444

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
The edge program is 24 months now not 20 and you have to pay 75% of phone value to early edge up. I'm getting out my edge and going back to 2 year contract cause they always offer promotions to upgrade early

qb14

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my email this afternoon. This evening, I received a phone call from Best Buy wanting to schedule an appointment. I live on Long Island and have read here that in the two counties on Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk), Best Buy can only accept trade-ins of phones that were purchased at Best Buy. So, I asked if there were any restrictions on the trade in for the $200 promotion and the caller confirmed what has been posted here. I was told that it has to do with some type of pawn law. I have read that some people have traded in "pay as you go phones" to qualify for the promotion. So, I asked whether I could just buy one of those $20 phones and use that as a trade in. He didn't know and said that he'd do some research and call me back once he found out. After finding the post where someone said that he had traded in a Net10 phone, I went down to the local Best Buy (which is only a mile from my house) to talk to someone in person. When I got there, I was told that the person who I spoke with had spoken with Corporate and was told that, while this phone could be used as a trade in, it had to be outside of it's 14 day return period before I could do so. So, had I bought the Net10 phone when I pre-ordered, I could have used it as a trade-in. But, since I hadn't been told about this law at that time, I didn't know to do so.

I then asked if my pre-order could be transferred to a Queens store. My office is not far from the Nassau/Queens border. So, going to Queens to save $200 is certainly worth it. The salesman called Corporate, explained my situation and asked if there was a way pick up the new phone at the original store and trade-in the old phone at a Queens store. He was told that they both needed to be on the same transaction. He then asked if it was possible to to transfer my pre-order to a Queens store. He was told that he couldn't. But, he could cancel my pre-order and create a new pre-order to be picked up at a Queens store. So, that's what he did. I'm now at the end of the pre-order line at the new store. But I don't need a new phone so quickly that I'm going to give up the $200 instant rebate.

Last edited:

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I have a question/concern. I originally told Verizon that I was trading in with them when I preordered online. Since the Samsung promo isn't on for that much longer, can I take my trade-in to BB and then use the receipt they give me along with the preorder to get the $200? Or take it to a Verizon store? The only BB in my area accepts trade-ins. I'm not sure about Verizon. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The edge program is 24 months now not 20 and you have to pay 75% of phone value to early edge up. I'm getting out my edge and going back to 2 year contract cause they always offer promotions to upgrade early

75% equals 20 months according to Verizon. The total edge is 24 months which pays off the phone entirely. Not worth it any longer as a program to upgrade often. Not worth edging up after 75%, you'd be better off buying it out, resell to re-cope. Though It's still good as a 0% interest payment plan on a new device.

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
75% equals 20 months according to Verizon. The total edge is 24 months which pays off the phone entirely. Not worth it any longer as a program to upgrade often. Not worth edging up after 75%, you'd be better off buying it out, resell to re-cope. Though It's still good as a 0% interest payment plan on a new device.
True...but this is a recent change. I believe those of us that pre-ordered before the change are still grandfathered in under the 60% (or whatever it was).

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
True...but this is a recent change. I believe those of us that pre-ordered before the change are still grandfathered in under the 60% (or whatever it was).

Correct! However its not a permanent thing. We'll be Edging under the new terms next time around.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just did my online rebate with Samsung. I included the Verizon receipt that came with my Note 4 and the trade in receipt from the Verizon store.
Traded in a razr worth $16. and they credited the $16. to my account.
I hope I submitted the right stuff with Samsung. :p

6-8 weeks for a check.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I got my upload to work and have completed my Samsung rebate! I think I know what screwed ME up with the submission so I'm going to share in case anyone else is doing the same thing I was doing:

It asks for the HEX MEID or IMEI. On my Sprint N4 I was using the IMEI with 1 too many digits. So I used the HEX information found in under MEID. Do not use the 0x but start with the numbers that follow. Also as other posters have said, for your WiFi MAC address make sure you include the relevant : where they are in the address.

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Grrrrr!!!!

Nothing is working on my end. It says...

"I am sorry your IMEI/HEX MEID and/or MAC Address were not valid. Please try again or select the Mail in radio button to send in your receipt and a copy of your email for evaluation by a fulfillment agent."

I even tried formatting the MAC address with the colons in it, and nothing. After two tries it no longer gives me the option for online and says I now have to mail it in...but I can't proceed because it says the IMEI/MAC is wrong.

WTF

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I got my upload to work and have completed my Samsung rebate! I think I know what screwed ME up with the submission so I'm going to share in case anyone else is doing the same thing I was doing:

It asks for the HEX MEID or IMEI. On my Sprint N4 I was using the IMEI with 1 too many digits. So I used the HEX information found in under MEID. Do not use the 0x but start with the numbers that follow. Also as other posters have said, for your WiFi MAC address make sure you include the relevant : where they are in the address.

Did you upload the receipt that came with your phone or a pre order receipt?
I could not find a pre order receipt so I used the one that came with my phone.

Hope I did not screw up. :p

golgo1313

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I gave up and mailed mine in yesterday. Certified, so they don't try to screw me there. It makes me sad that we all are thinking Samsung and/or prizelogic are out to cheat us of what they promised. It speaks volumes to how this promo has been advertised and handled.

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I gave up and mailed mine in yesterday. Certified, so they don't try to screw me there. It makes me sad that we all are thinking Samsung and/or prizelogic are out to cheat us of what they promised. It speaks volumes to how this promo has been advertised and handled.

My fear is if I don't start the process online, they won't issue me a check. Someone it says if you ask to mail in the receipts, they first email you, which you then have to print it out and include that in the letter.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an answer to my previous post? Please.

Ok, so I have a question/concern. I originally told Verizon that I was trading in with them when I preordered online. Since the Samsung promo isn't on for that much longer, can I take my trade-in to BB and then use the receipt they give me along with the preorder to get the $200? Or take it to a Verizon store? The only BB in my area accepts trade-ins. I'm not sure about Verizon. Thanks!

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have an answer to my previous post? Please.

I asked Verizon the same question when I preordered. They said to just bring back my trade-in after I got my N4 and they would give me a receipt and a gift card in the amount of the trade in. I plan to do that and not risk BB.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll know for sure tomorrow when I get my Note 4 and bring in my Droid RAZR Maxx.

Posted via Android Central App

Just left Verizon store in Queens Creek, AZ. Turned in an old Droid X (value $8.00) AND GOT A $200 VERIZON GIFT CARD.

Posted via Android Central App

toolhead1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
im in the same boat with the others whom have tried to submit an online rebate to samsunggalaxypromotions.com.
for those of you asking.. samsung did extend the promotion under a different name/ trade in, where you can get the $200 trade in deal for buying a note 4 from october 17th-october 31st.. the note 4 department at samsung actually told me it is extended to november 30th..

i am having issues with submitting my rebate online as well.. and the mail option does not work.. it triggers another error .. and does not allow you to submit, therefore you do not get the confirmation email which is required when you mail in the rebate.. go figure ..nice endless loop ..

i emailed prizelogic whom manages the website and they said:

try back online in a few days.. they are working on the issue
mail in .. but they did not say you can mail in without the confirmation email..which of course you cannot get b/c their website will not allow you to submit the registration.

for those of you whom had problems submitting and then did submit later successfully online.. how many days later did it take where you can submit?????

i think one of the issues may be that there is a lag time from when you purchase the phone to when the promotion websites received the purchased phone information and then updates to their website

i would not recommend mailing in your rebate, without the email confirmation.... i am going to wait and try again tomorrow..

anyone have any additional helpful information to share?

getting screwed out of this rebate may have me buying an iPhone and i dont like apple product.. but im not giving my money to a company which advertises a mass promotion and then fails to allow valid customers to submit..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888