02-27-2015 10:48 PM
1,383 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I thought you were talking about the BB gift card, not the Samsung one.
    I am but essentially they are the same thing. Best Buy probably thinks I was talking about their normal trade in.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-26-2014 08:09 AM
    The Sprint version is now available for pre-order on the Best Buy web site, BUT it says only for shipping; I walked through the entire process except for paying, and it does not give an option for store pickup. Since the Best Buy $200 guaranteed trade-in is only for in-store pickup, I guess I'll have to go to a Best Buy store to try to pre-order there. SInce you have to pay at the time of pre-order, I'm guessing you have to trade in your old phone at that time also.
    09-26-2014 08:32 AM
    The Sprint version is now available for pre-order on the Best Buy web site, BUT it says only for shipping; I walked through the entire process except for paying, and it does not give an option for store pickup. Since the Best Buy $200 guaranteed trade-in is only for in-store pickup, I guess I'll have to go to a Best Buy store to try to pre-order there. SInce you have to pay at the time of pre-order, I'm guessing you have to trade in your old phone at that time also.
    The preorder should be for,you to put $50 down but they give you a $50 gift card so if you never show up to pick it up you are not technically out money, just have to spend that 50 at bestbuy

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-26-2014 08:52 AM
    For AT&T the in store pickup says coming soon so I'm wondering if we have to wait until they actually get stock in the store?

09-26-2014 09:01 AM
    The preorder should be for,you to put $50 down but they give you a $50 gift card so if you never show up to pick it up you are not technically out money, just have to spend that 50 at bestbuy
    It says, "Due Today: $349.99"
    Note 4 - Samsung  0 trade in promotion-capture.jpg

I may have stopped the process a couple of steps before payment. I never submitted credit card info. But it was calculating sales tax on $349.99 and giving a total amount due.
    09-26-2014 09:06 AM
    For AT&T the in store pickup says coming soon so I'm wondering if we have to wait until they actually get stock in the store?
    I don't think that can be right. For both the Samsung and the Best Buy trade-in deals, you have to pre-order by 10/16. But the phone isn't available until 10/17, right? And it wouldn't really be a "pre-order" if you are just going in and buying it.
    09-26-2014 09:13 AM
    It says, "Due Today: $349.99"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	138504

I may have stopped the process a couple of steps before payment. I never submitted credit card info. But it was calculating sales tax on $349.99 and giving a total amount due.
    Online could be different but that is how it works when you preorder at a store

09-26-2014 09:14 AM
    I don't think that can be right. For both the Samsung and the Best Buy trade-in deals, you have to pre-order by 10/16. But the phone isn't available until 10/17, right? And it wouldn't really be a "pre-order" if you are just going in and buying it.
    But they get their stock before launch day. So I figure I can pre order maybe 10/10 or so and choose store pickup. But I could be wrong. I will probably make a trip up to Best Buy talk to a manager and show them the Samsung promotion page if they act like they don't know what I'm talking about.

09-26-2014 09:33 AM
    "Offer claims must be submitted between 12:00:00 PM ET on 10/10/14 and 11:59:59 PM ET on 11/30/14 or while Offer supplies last."

This stipulation on the Samsung web page hasn't been discussed much on this thread. Seems to me like Samsung is leaving themselves an arbitrary out in this program possibly leaving many who are trying to take advantage of it without a rebate from Samsung.
    Nibs likes this.
    09-26-2014 09:47 AM
    "Offer claims must be submitted between 12:00:00 PM ET on 10/10/14 and 11:59:59 PM ET on 11/30/14 or while Offer supplies last."

This stipulation on the Samsung web page hasn't been discussed much on this thread. Seems to me like Samsung is leaving themselves an arbitrary out in this program possibly leaving many who are trying to take advantage of it without a rebate from Samsung.
    100% This.
    09-26-2014 12:21 PM
    100% This.
    Problem is If they did "screw over" a bunch of people over this promo it would make the news and just hurt Samsung more. It is in Samsung's best interest to fulfil as many valid rebates as they can. You can also bet on Apple making a big public deal over this even if they only did not fulfil a total of 5 legit rebates

09-26-2014 12:27 PM
    Mod please delete due to duplicate post.

09-26-2014 12:28 PM
    so hopefully i can add a little more information on purchasing from BB. i just got back, and the manager had toread the email he received in the morning to answer my question.

Q: Will this rebate work for outright purchase?
    A: No, according to the info they received, the $200 BB gift card can only be received for phones ACTIVATED in-store. So this offer is only good for people who have an account already with Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. I have T-mo prepaid, so no go there.

Q: Can I trade in a phone for an outright purchase?
    A: Yes, whatever the value can be put towards the purchase, but you will NOT get the $200 from BB if you don't activate there in-store.

The big question now is, if I preorder at BB, but NOT get their $200 giftcard offer, will I still be able to get $200 from Sammy if I submit via their site?
    09-26-2014 12:57 PM
    Hi, I just ordered from Sprint, however do you think Samsung will honor the trade-in if I go to another store thats not Sprint?

Could I sell to Target perhaps and still qualify for the promotion even though I pre-ordered at Sprint?
    09-26-2014 12:58 PM
    Hi, I just ordered from Sprint, however do you think Samsung will honor the trade-in if I go to another store thats not Sprint?

Could I sell to Target perhaps and still qualify for the promotion even though I pre-ordered at Sprint?
    my honest opinion, no. sammy wants you to give up a smartphone in order to get the N4.
    09-26-2014 01:14 PM
    Thanks, I meant if I trade in my Note 2 to another retailer besides Sprint? even though I preordered from Sprint
    09-26-2014 01:16 PM
    Thanks, I meant if I trade in my Note 2 to another retailer besides Sprint? even though I preordered from Sprint
    By definition how can it be a trade in if it's not where you purchased the Note 4?
    09-26-2014 01:24 PM
    You would get the most from Amazon trade in program, you can also pre order on Amazon.
    09-26-2014 01:28 PM
    By definition how can it be a trade in if it's not where you purchased the Note 4?
    Because the Samsung promo has you upload the trade in receipt showing that you traded a,phone in.

09-26-2014 01:44 PM
    Because the Samsung promo has you upload the trade in receipt showing that you traded a,phone in.

Yes exactly... when I talked to samsung support they def made it sound like you can 100% trade in a phone in one store and pre order in another store.. just have to make sure that both stores are QUALIFYING RETAILERS... i copy pasted the list of those a page back...

does anyone know if i am screwed with my trade in if my sticker on the inside of the back of my phone that has all the verizon info numbers and barcodes on it is all washed out? i have a droid 4 in literally perfect condition and i just noticed right now that you cant read one single thing on that sticker ;-/
    09-26-2014 01:56 PM
    So after reading this entire thread this is what I came up with.

The best rout for someone who is upgrading on a 2 year contract is best buy. This is because they will apply the $200 giftcard to the purchase, giving you an immediate discount. I have dealt with rebates before and no matter how simple they seem, its never very fun.... especially when you have to wait for a check to get mailed. (takes way longer than it should)

Here is the sad part for me -

2 yr price on sprint 350 - 200 discount at best buy makes this still 150 + tax ( high estimation 800 * .08 sales tax in California = 64) + activation fee 35 puts this phone at approximately 249 - Such a bummer. That 200 only looks like 100 now ha. This is where I briefly wish I got an iphone 6... (dont hurt me im human)

Has anyone found out how to get it cheaper than 249 ? I know sprints 2 yr contract price is high but still. I cant imagine those paying for it outright. I respect you though !

Again - any tips for how to walk out the door at bestbuy paying less than 249 or am I a wishful thinker?
    09-26-2014 01:58 PM
    I have the same question. On T-Mobile you can go to the Trade In Page, enter your order confirmation number (found in your email), phone number and submit a trade towards your order.

I'm not sure if this will give you a receipt or if it will be in time to redeem the Samsung offer. How does the trade in work if we are ordering our phones online?
    I was about to pre-order through t-mobile but then I read the fine print of the promotion.
    NOTE: Participants who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy Note®
    4 at BEST BUY are not eligible
    to participate in this Offer. BEST BUY Instant Rebate Terms: Valid 9/19/14-10/16/14. Order
    online or in store varies by carrier. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T,
    Sprint or Verizon.
    Sounds pretty clear that t-mobile trade-ins and preorder do not qualify for the promotion offer. Though I see conflicting represenative chat logs. Sucks too, I was about to pull the trigger and now back to looking at other devices.
    09-26-2014 02:03 PM

imei, maybe, but i doubt the wifi MAC address...

i, for one, have gotten a headache thinking about this... BB fine print on the in-store $200:

"Valid 9/19/14-10/16/14. Order online or in store varies by carrier. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/TradeIn for full details.
    *Online pre-orders must choose "Store Pickup" to qualify for trade-in offer."

The particular sentence, "Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit" makes it sound like the $200 gift card will be applied to the purchase of the phone. *sigh*
    If you go to the promo website and click on the terms link it gives you pdf with the rules etc. That pet clearly states that the WiFi Mac/imei that you need to provide is from the note 4 you buy and not from the trade in phone.

09-26-2014 02:37 PM
    The IMEI & MAC addresses are from the new Note 4 not the trade in phone.

This is per the Samsung Terms & Conditions PDF online. https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/en-us/Rules

Provide the WIFI MAC address of the pre-ordered device

Provide the IMEI or HEX MEID of the pre-ordered devi
    ce
    09-26-2014 02:40 PM
    I was about to pre-order through t-mobile but then I read the fine print of the promotion.

Sounds pretty clear that t-mobile trade-ins and preorder do not qualify for the promotion offer. Though I see conflicting represenative chat logs. Sucks too, I was about to pull the trigger and now back to looking at other devices.
    Yep and Samsung will not accept submissions from bestbuy preorders per the promo website terms so since most bestbuys say they will not honor the promo on no contract purchased, I think I will have to preorder from verizon or amazon if I decide I am going to get a note 4.

09-26-2014 02:40 PM
1,383 ... 45678 ...