Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

Best Buy is doing this too.

If you want to go through Samsung for the promo, pre-order at BB and send a pic of your pre-order receipt to Samsung. They'll send you a Visa gift card so your trade-in equals out to be $200.

Best Buy is also offering a $200 trade-in credit towards the Note 4.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Is the bestbuy promo the same as Samsung's where you trade in a phone and get 200 total or do you get the 200 plus whatever they say the phone is worth.

Posted via the Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

The way it usually works is that you'll get a gift card that equals $200 including the initial trade-in price.

Example: Your phone is worth $50 for trade-in so BB will add $150 to make it equal $200 total.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

But obviously they can't be combined. Right?

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I see bestbuys website says you get the gift card at the time of purchase. I wonder If they would let you buy the phone now and get the gift card to apply to the phone purchase now too. I might have to go talk to them and find out. I am thinking of selling my g3 to get this and trading in an old thunderbolt for the 200 promo.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

How are you supposed to return the N4 should you not like it? You have traded in your old phone which would be tough to get back, wouldn't it? Or will they just give back the value of the old phone subtracting the rebate from your refund?

Posted via Android Central App

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

best buy 200 GC promo and and samsung promo are 2 different promos....

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

But you won't qualify for the samsung promo if bestbuy rings it up in a way where the trade in receipt has the 200 gift card on it cause it will show that you received 200 for your trade in. I bet that is how they will do it and are most likely getting reimbursed by Samsung on their bestbuy promo.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

But obviously they can't be combined. Right?

Correct.

Well I see bestbuys website says you get the gift card at the time of purchase. I wonder If they would let you buy the phone now and get the gift card to apply to the phone purchase now too. I might have to go talk to them and find out. I am thinking of selling my g3 to get this and trading in an old thunderbolt for the 200 promo.

You get the BB gift card at the time of trade-in/activation.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

So we can't do the trade in until the phone is in stock then?

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well hopefully bestbuy does not have the $ 10 minimum trade in requirement that the Samsung officer has because my thunderbolt is currently listed as $10 and it could drop from now to the note 4 launch.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

i currenty have the s4 still happy with it but still lol... also still have the unlimited data so with the best buy thing work for this get the 200 off and keep my unlimited? i have an upgrade on my line and have a older smart phone i can trade it droid pro. :)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

i currenty have the s4 still happy with it but still lol... also still have the unlimited data so with the best buy thing work for this get the 200 off and keep my unlimited? i have an upgrade on my line and have a older smart phone i can trade it droid pro. :)
It depends on the carrier. With VZW, I noticed that if people have the old unlimited plan our system will tell us that the current plan is no longer available and force us to change it if the customer gives us the OK. If they say no, then we can't complete the upgrade. I think with AT&T it'll just go through. I haven't come across one in a while though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

There is no way to keep unlimited and get a subsidized phone at best buy stores. And the best buy trade in requires buying in store (or in store pickup).

If you want to keep unlimited and get a subsidized upgrade , you can use one of the loopholes discussed in the Verizon forum

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks for the info.. guess ill keep my s4 lol

If you have another smart phone line on your account that is not unlimited data, you can transfer your lines upgrade to that line via the verizon website and then upgrade online. You would then have to submit for the Samsung rebate instead of the bestbuy gift card.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

There is no way to keep unlimited and get a subsidized phone at best buy stores. And the best buy trade in requires buying in store (or in store pickup).

If you want to keep unlimited and get a subsidized upgrade , you can use one of the loopholes discussed in the Verizon forum

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The last 2 subsidized phones I got from Radio Shack & Costco both allowed me to keep my AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan. Are you absolutely certain you can't keep a grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan if you buy a subsidized phone from Best Buy?

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I preordered from Best Buy because they quoted $15 for my Droid Charge (VZ was $8). I will turn down the Best Buy offer and submit for the Samsung offer so I can get cash instead of gift cards. Pay for the phone on edge ($35/mo but reduces my bill by $25. So it costs $10/mo for 20 mo or $200). I get another $50 gift card from Best Buy for signing up back in February to buy a new phone there in 2014. So $200 from Samsung pays for the phone, and additional $50 gift card. Winner, Winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy