Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

ok...so here is my question about this $200 trade-in....... i have already pre-ordered my Note 4 through Verizon, and it is getting shipped right to my house when released, (not to Verizon store), how do i go about trading in my Note 2 to Verizon to get my trade-in receipt?

I have the same question. On T-Mobile you can go to the Trade In Page, enter your order confirmation number (found in your email), phone number and submit a trade towards your order. Unsupported Browser

I'm not sure if this will give you a receipt or if it will be in time to redeem the Samsung offer. How does the trade in work if we are ordering our phones online?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I just called local store...said that you go in, pay the $50 down payment. Then when the phone comes in the gift card would apply towards purchase for the remaining amount. HOWEVER, he said that you do NOT automatically get $200, you get the trade in value for the phone. Smh. I don't know who to believe and I don't want to deal with Best Buy at this point but have no choice. Calling customer service next...

Posted via Android Central App
When you go to Best Buy and trade in your phone, you do get the trade-in gift card right away. Maybe he meant that you don't get the $200 at time of pre-order?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

When you go to Best Buy and trade in your phone, you do get the trade-in gift card right away. Maybe he meant that you don't get the $200 at time of pre-order?

I went to the Samsung page and read it for myself. It said guaranteed $200 which is why ppl who buy from Best Buy aren't eligible. They just don't know a thing about it. I'm going to search for a S2 in good condition...

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I went to the Samsung page and read it for myself. It said guaranteed $200 which is why ppl who buy from Best Buy aren't eligible. They just don't know a thing about it. I'm going to search for a S2 in good condition...

I thought you were talking about the BB gift card, not the Samsung one.

Faceless Bob

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

ok...so here is my question about this $200 trade-in....... i have already pre-ordered my Note 4 through Verizon, and it is getting shipped right to my house when released, (not to Verizon store), how do i go about trading in my Note 2 to Verizon to get my trade-in receipt?

Trade in value for your Note 2 at Verizon is $90. I'd provide a link, but I'm new here and they won't let me. That said, you should be able to sell the Note 2 on the secondary market for a lot more than $90.

I'd consider buying an inexpensive off-conract phone - one that is worth more than $10 on Verizon's trade in page - and use that as your trade. Then sell the Note 2 on Craig's/eBay once the Note 4 arrives. That's probably the best way to maximize the trade in as well as the equity you have in the Note 2.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I thought you were talking about the BB gift card, not the Samsung one.

I am but essentially they are the same thing. Best Buy probably thinks I was talking about their normal trade in.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

The Sprint version is now available for pre-order on the Best Buy web site, BUT it says only for shipping; I walked through the entire process except for paying, and it does not give an option for store pickup. Since the Best Buy $200 guaranteed trade-in is only for in-store pickup, I guess I'll have to go to a Best Buy store to try to pre-order there. SInce you have to pay at the time of pre-order, I'm guessing you have to trade in your old phone at that time also.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

The Sprint version is now available for pre-order on the Best Buy web site, BUT it says only for shipping; I walked through the entire process except for paying, and it does not give an option for store pickup. Since the Best Buy $200 guaranteed trade-in is only for in-store pickup, I guess I'll have to go to a Best Buy store to try to pre-order there. SInce you have to pay at the time of pre-order, I'm guessing you have to trade in your old phone at that time also.

The preorder should be for,you to put $50 down but they give you a $50 gift card so if you never show up to pick it up you are not technically out money, just have to spend that 50 at bestbuy

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

For AT&T the in store pickup says coming soon so I'm wondering if we have to wait until they actually get stock in the store?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

The preorder should be for,you to put $50 down but they give you a $50 gift card so if you never show up to pick it up you are not technically out money, just have to spend that 50 at bestbuy
It says, "Due Today: $349.99"
Capture.JPG

I may have stopped the process a couple of steps before payment. I never submitted credit card info. But it was calculating sales tax on $349.99 and giving a total amount due.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

For AT&T the in store pickup says coming soon so I'm wondering if we have to wait until they actually get stock in the store?

I don't think that can be right. For both the Samsung and the Best Buy trade-in deals, you have to pre-order by 10/16. But the phone isn't available until 10/17, right? And it wouldn't really be a "pre-order" if you are just going in and buying it.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

It says, "Due Today: $349.99"
View attachment 138504

I may have stopped the process a couple of steps before payment. I never submitted credit card info. But it was calculating sales tax on $349.99 and giving a total amount due.

Online could be different but that is how it works when you preorder at a store

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I don't think that can be right. For both the Samsung and the Best Buy trade-in deals, you have to pre-order by 10/16. But the phone isn't available until 10/17, right? And it wouldn't really be a "pre-order" if you are just going in and buying it.

But they get their stock before launch day. So I figure I can pre order maybe 10/10 or so and choose store pickup. But I could be wrong. I will probably make a trip up to Best Buy talk to a manager and show them the Samsung promotion page if they act like they don't know what I'm talking about.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

"Offer claims must be submitted between 12:00:00 PM ET on 10/10/14 and 11:59:59 PM ET on 11/30/14 or while Offer supplies last."

This stipulation on the Samsung web page hasn't been discussed much on this thread. Seems to me like Samsung is leaving themselves an arbitrary out in this program possibly leaving many who are trying to take advantage of it without a rebate from Samsung.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

"Offer claims must be submitted between 12:00:00 PM ET on 10/10/14 and 11:59:59 PM ET on 11/30/14 or while Offer supplies last."

This stipulation on the Samsung web page hasn't been discussed much on this thread. Seems to me like Samsung is leaving themselves an arbitrary out in this program possibly leaving many who are trying to take advantage of it without a rebate from Samsung.

100% This.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
100% This.

Problem is If they did "screw over" a bunch of people over this promo it would make the news and just hurt Samsung more. It is in Samsung's best interest to fulfil as many valid rebates as they can. You can also bet on Apple making a big public deal over this even if they only did not fulfil a total of 5 legit rebates

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

so hopefully i can add a little more information on purchasing from BB. i just got back, and the manager had toread the email he received in the morning to answer my question.

Q: Will this rebate work for outright purchase?
A: No, according to the info they received, the $200 BB gift card can only be received for phones ACTIVATED in-store. So this offer is only good for people who have an account already with Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. I have T-mo prepaid, so no go there.

Q: Can I trade in a phone for an outright purchase?
A: Yes, whatever the value can be put towards the purchase, but you will NOT get the $200 from BB if you don't activate there in-store.

The big question now is, if I preorder at BB, but NOT get their $200 giftcard offer, will I still be able to get $200 from Sammy if I submit via their site?

jstunner56

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I just ordered from Sprint, however do you think Samsung will honor the trade-in if I go to another store thats not Sprint?

Could I sell to Target perhaps and still qualify for the promotion even though I pre-ordered at Sprint?

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I just ordered from Sprint, however do you think Samsung will honor the trade-in if I go to another store thats not Sprint?

Could I sell to Target perhaps and still qualify for the promotion even though I pre-ordered at Sprint?

my honest opinion, no. sammy wants you to give up a smartphone in order to get the N4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz