Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

jstunner56

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

Thanks, I meant if I trade in my Note 2 to another retailer besides Sprint? even though I preordered from Sprint

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

By definition how can it be a trade in if it's not where you purchased the Note 4?

Because the Samsung promo has you upload the trade in receipt showing that you traded a,phone in.

Posted via the Android Central App

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Because the Samsung promo has you upload the trade in receipt showing that you traded a,phone in.

Yes exactly... when I talked to samsung support they def made it sound like you can 100% trade in a phone in one store and pre order in another store.. just have to make sure that both stores are QUALIFYING RETAILERS... i copy pasted the list of those a page back...

does anyone know if i am screwed with my trade in if my sticker on the inside of the back of my phone that has all the verizon info numbers and barcodes on it is all washed out? i have a droid 4 in literally perfect condition and i just noticed right now that you cant read one single thing on that sticker ;-/

terrellvest7

May 15, 2012
Visit site

So after reading this entire thread this is what I came up with.

The best rout for someone who is upgrading on a 2 year contract is best buy. This is because they will apply the $200 giftcard to the purchase, giving you an immediate discount. I have dealt with rebates before and no matter how simple they seem, its never very fun.... especially when you have to wait for a check to get mailed. (takes way longer than it should)

Here is the sad part for me -

2 yr price on sprint 350 - 200 discount at best buy makes this still 150 + tax ( high estimation 800 * .08 sales tax in California = 64) + activation fee 35 puts this phone at approximately 249 - Such a bummer. That 200 only looks like 100 now ha. This is where I briefly wish I got an iphone 6... (dont hurt me im human)

Has anyone found out how to get it cheaper than 249 ? I know sprints 2 yr contract price is high but still. I cant imagine those paying for it outright. I respect you though !

Again - any tips for how to walk out the door at bestbuy paying less than 249 or am I a wishful thinker?

TexasRED

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I have the same question. On T-Mobile you can go to the Trade In Page, enter your order confirmation number (found in your email), phone number and submit a trade towards your order.

I'm not sure if this will give you a receipt or if it will be in time to redeem the Samsung offer. How does the trade in work if we are ordering our phones online?

I was about to pre-order through t-mobile but then I read the fine print of the promotion.
NOTE: Participants who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy Note®
4 at BEST BUY are not eligible
to participate in this Offer. BEST BUY Instant Rebate Terms: Valid 9/19/14-10/16/14. Order
online or in store varies by carrier. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T,
Sprint or Verizon.

Sounds pretty clear that t-mobile trade-ins and preorder do not qualify for the promotion offer. Though I see conflicting represenative chat logs. Sucks too, I was about to pull the trigger and now back to looking at other devices.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

imei, maybe, but i doubt the wifi MAC address...

i, for one, have gotten a headache thinking about this... BB fine print on the in-store $200:

"Valid 9/19/14-10/16/14. Order online or in store varies by carrier. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/TradeIn for full details.
*Online pre-orders must choose "Store Pickup" to qualify for trade-in offer."

The particular sentence, "Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit" makes it sound like the $200 gift card will be applied to the purchase of the phone. *sigh*

If you go to the promo website and click on the terms link it gives you pdf with the rules etc. That pet clearly states that the WiFi Mac/imei that you need to provide is from the note 4 you buy and not from the trade in phone.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was about to pre-order through t-mobile but then I read the fine print of the promotion.

Sounds pretty clear that t-mobile trade-ins and preorder do not qualify for the promotion offer. Though I see conflicting represenative chat logs. Sucks too, I was about to pull the trigger and now back to looking at other devices.

Yep and Samsung will not accept submissions from bestbuy preorders per the promo website terms so since most bestbuys say they will not honor the promo on no contract purchased, I think I will have to preorder from verizon or amazon if I decide I am going to get a note 4.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Another gray area on Samsung's webpage is "participating retailer". Not quite sure how to read that as Samsung doesn't have a list of participating retailers that I could find. Someone else posted some retailers on the previous page of this thread and it did not include Amazon which I find hard to believe they wouldn't be included. Other way you could read it is the definition of a participating retailer is anyone that has pre-ordering and accepts trade ins.

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

The IMEI & MAC addresses are from the new Note 4 not the trade in phone.

This is per the Samsung Terms & Conditions PDF online. https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/en-us/Rules

Provide the WIFI MAC address of the pre-ordered device

Provide the IMEI or HEX MEID of the pre-ordered devi
ce

oh wow. this is a revelation! (also, hitting myself for not reading the terms and conditions) this means that as long as the authorized seller is willing to take the trade-in worth $10, we're good to go. there is no way for sammy to check to see if indeed it is a "smartphone". from this, it sounds like sammy is more concerned that $200 is given to only one N4, and no so much that a particular smartphone was traded in...

my plan now. go preorder from t-mobile store. they will tell me that my prepaid account is not valid for trade-ins. i will get the smart choice $45 plan. trade-in my flip phone that is worth $21 on their site. get my N4 delivered, submit paperwork, get $179 check from sammy, then open another $30 walmart plan using a new sim, port over my number from $45 plan to walmart plan. this will cost me $15 (maybe 30) extra, but it might be the easiest way to take advantage of the promo. if anyone sees a hole in my plan, let me know :)

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

If your read the Samsung promotion terms and conditions, the best buy section looks to be an exact copy from best buy's website, so I'm hoping that you can still purchase a T-Mobile no contact phone and still get a trade in from a 'qualified retailer' but at this time the only place to pre-order a Note 4 is a T-Mobile carrier store. Has anyone seen any other retailer where you can pre-order a T-Mobile note 4?

For the record I left Amazon of the list earlier because the unlocked note 4 for sale is sold by a third party (delta mobiles) and at $899, you're pretty much giving your rebate to them.

Last edited:

KrinkBusta

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I preordered today at BB... Paid $50 and was given a $50 gift card. They'll give me another gift card for $150 when I come to pick up the phone, I'll put both cards to use for the phone purchase and owe them another $50 when I pick it up.

I went with white but I'm thinking about calling to change to black, not sure!?

tdf2010

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I preordered today at BB... Paid $50 and was given a $50 gift card. They'll give me another gift card for $150 when I come to pick up the phone, I'll put both cards to use for the phone purchase and owe them another $50 when I pick it up.

I went with white but I'm thinking about calling to change to black, not sure!?

They should be giving you a $200 gift card. Otherwise you'll be out $50 that you paid for, not given.

Unless I'm misreading the $50 gift card you got today.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

They should be giving you a $200 gift card. Otherwise you'll be out $50 that you paid for, not given.

when you preorder and put the 50 bucks down, they give you your pre order receipt AND a 50 dollar BB gift card just in case u end up not wanting the phone or picking the phone up, you dont lose ur deposit... ur just stuck spending the 50 bucks at bb at a later point... so if u put that 50 and the 150 from the gift card he gets when he goes to trade in/pick up thats 200 towards the new phone... i think this is the route i am going to take as well.... if i trade my phone in tomorrow at the same time i pre order my note 4 do u think theyll give me my entire 200 on the spot?

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

tdf2010 is right... you should get a gift card for 200, not 150. the 50 you paid is a deposit, NOT part of the promo. unless you traded-in a phone worth $50, and that has been "credited" in a form of pre-payment. So essentially you've put down $100 for the N4.

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I just went to Sammy's official Note 4 pre-order page, as of today Sep 26th, the only 'retailers' listed are Best Buy (which didn't qualify for the promo) Amazon and Costco (but the link is not yet live). The Amazon link gives an error but you can go to Amazon and pre-order Verizon Sprint and AT&T Note 4s, so it looks like anyone out there interested the Samsung promo can trade in and pre-order through Amazon. But those looking for T-Mobile are still out of luck.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

tdf2010 is right... you should get a gift card for 200, not 150. the 50 you paid is a deposit, NOT part of the promo. unless you traded-in a phone worth $50, and that has been "credited" in a form of pre-payment. So essentially you've put down $100 for the N4.

yea you guys are right... i got confused as hell thinking about that 50 bucks... if he only gets a gift card for 150 he def is getting screwed out of 50 bucks there.. im gonna go up there tomorrow and pre order AND trade in a droid 4.. i should leave there MINUS 50 bucks cash and PLUS a 50$ BB gift card AND a 200$ bb gift card correct? i should leave there with 250$ in bb gift cards right?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

When I asked multiple people at Best Buy they informed me that you CAN use the gift card for an outright purchase. I preordered in store and anxiously await when I can go pick mine up

Posted via Android Central App