Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

KrinkBusta

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

when you preorder and put the 50 bucks down, they give you your pre order receipt AND a 50 dollar BB gift card just in case u end up not wanting the phone or picking the phone up, you dont lose ur deposit... ur just stuck spending the 50 bucks at bb at a later point... so if u put that 50 and the 150 from the gift card he gets when he goes to trade in/pick up thats 200 towards the new phone... i think this is the route i am going to take as well.... if i trade my phone in tomorrow at the same time i pre order my note 4 do u think theyll give me my entire 200 on the spot?

This is the way it was explained to me. Phone is $300, I paid $50 to preorder, I'll be getting $200 off via gift card (they gave me a $50 gift card today and when I pick the phone up I'll get the remaining $150 gift card) and I'll have to pay another $50 to reach the $300 price.

KrinkBusta

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I didn't ask about trading my phone in on the spot as I'd be out a phone... Nor did I bring a phone with me as my current phone is sitting in a pile of rice as I got the damn thing soaked last night and the sucker is out of commission... It worked for me once before so fingers crossed, if not I'll be headed back to BB tomorrow to use the BB protection plan... Smh/Fml.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

That sucks that it doesnt' work at BB. I don't want the gift cards, I want the cash.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

This is the way it was explained to me. Phone is $300, I paid $50 to preorder, I'll be getting $200 off via gift card (they gave me a $50 gift card today and when I pick the phone up I'll get the remaining $150 gift card) and I'll have to pay another $50 to reach the $300 price.
Well, look, when you pre-ordered today, there's no telling whether you will bring in a trade-in or not when your Note 4 comes in. If not, you go to pick up your $300 Note 4, you've already paid $50, so you have to pay another $250. It's not like the $50 you paid goes toward your new phone AND the gift card they gave you today is ANOTHER $50 toward your new phone. You've paid $50 and you'd have to pay $250 more.

Now, if you go in to the store to pick up your Note 4 with an old phone that you want to trade in, they will give you $200 for that trade-in under the terms of the Best Buy promotion, leaving you with $50 to pay for your new phone.

Your version gets to the same place (you only have to pay another $50), but the rationale is flawed. Your transaction today did not give you $100 toward the Note 4 (the $50 you paid PLUS a $50 gift card). It only gave you $50 toward the new phone - if you don't trade in an old phone you will have to pay $250 more for the Note 4. But you should indeed get $200 off when you trade in your old one, leaving only $50 to pay.

I did bring in my old phone today at Best Buy, and I did ask about trading it in now. He said no, that happens when I go to pick up the Note 4, at which time the $200 gift card will be applied to the purchase price of the new phone.

KrinkBusta

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

^ I'm trading in an old phone! thus I'll get $150 gift card which I will combine with the $50 gift card I got today... I'll end up paying $100 for the phone.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Well, look, when you pre-ordered today, there's no telling whether you will bring in a trade-in or not when your Note 4 comes in. If not, you go to pick up your $300 Note 4, you've already paid $50, so you have to pay another $250. It's not like the $50 you paid goes toward your new phone AND the gift card they gave you today is ANOTHER $50 toward your new phone. You've paid $50 and you'd have to pay $250 more.

Now, if you go in to the store to pick up your Note 4 with an old phone that you want to trade in, they will give you $200 for that trade-in under the terms of the Best Buy promotion, leaving you with $50 to pay for your new phone.

Your version gets to the same place (you only have to pay another $50), but the rationale is flawed. Your transaction today did not give you $100 toward the Note 4 (the $50 you paid PLUS a $50 gift card). It only gave you $50 toward the new phone - if you don't trade in an old phone you will have to pay $250 more for the Note 4. But you should indeed get $200 off when you trade in your old one, leaving only $50 to pay.

I did bring in my old phone today at Best Buy, and I did ask about trading it in now. He said no, that happens when I go to pick up the Note 4, at which time the $200 gift card will be applied to the purchase price of the new phone.

The phone I am trading in is not my current phone... its the one i had before the one i have now... are u saying they literally will not let me trade in a phone at the time i pre order it???

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

The phone I am trading in is not my current phone... its the one i had before the one i have now... are u saying they literally will not let me trade in a phone at the time i pre order it???

They would not let me trade my old (not current) phone in, though I had it with me and pulled it out to show him it worked, etc., and he confirmed it will qualify. He said that gets done when I pick up the Note 4.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

They would not let me trade my old (not current) phone in, though I had it with me and pulled it out to show him it worked, etc., and he confirmed it will qualify. He said that gets done when I pick up the Note 4.

wow, well good to know at least... i guess i will do the same exact thing... if they tell me it will def qualify tomorrow and then something ends up going wrong at the time of pick up im gonna be so pissed... why does best buy suck so bad with their customer service all around? its so sad that we literally needed a forum to figure all this **** out together...

i am upgrading my device for verizon as i am eligible for a new 2 year upgrade, i just want to make sure this new note 4 is only gonna end up costing me 100$ total out of pocket...

Kurt R

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so the Samsung promotions page now has clickable links for the Terms and Conditions as well as the “contact us.”

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to speak to Best Buy and other Carrier stores, but it still appears that no one knows anything for sure AND the contact us link appears to be managed by third party so I’m not sure they will have a clue either.

Based on my research and info in the terms and conditions here’s what I know so far:

This deal is for domestic US customers and retailers (for whatever that’s worth).

Best Buy has its own trade-in program and rebate offer for the Note 4. The terms and conditions from Sammy specifically say “Participants who pre-order a Galaxy Note 4 at Best Buy are not eligible to participate in this offer.”

Secondly Best Buy’s website seems to offer up to a $200 gift card for Verizon, AT&T and Sprint only. And it appears the Best Buy wants you to sign up for a contract or renew a contract in order to take advantage of their deal. This is consistent with previous offers. As noted earlier in this thread, some Best Buy locations are saying that you will only get the trade-in value of your phone (so if it’s not worth $200, you may only get what Best Buy deems that it’s worth). I believe that T-Mobile is not included because T-Mobile’s options are 1) you pay for the phone outright OR 2) you pay for the phone over 24 months for the same price (meaning there no carrier subsidy).

So far, I’ve only been able to find that Carrier Stores and Best Buy are offering pre-orders. AND the carrier stores are only offering trade-ins to post-paid customers (meaning that you have to sign up for a contract in order to get trade-in). The downside here is that T-Mobile will only give you a trade-in if you agree to be a post-paid customer (pre-paid customers are not eligible for a trade-in making this offer useless).

Although Amazon is listing a pre-order for and unlocked phone, it’s sold by a third party, so I’m still not sure it will qualify, not to mention that it’s already $150 more than the no commitment costs of most carriers.

In terms of retailers Sammy has not officially stated them for this offer, but in the general press releases for the Note 4, Sammy has listed Target, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Costco, and Radio Shack on their website as placed to get the Note 4, but none of them are offering pre-orders for the Note 4 yet and not many of them have a trade-in program. Walmart DOES have a trade-in program but is not yet pre-selling the Note 4.

So at this point the big questions are:

Can anyone confirm the actual retailers for this offer (which was the first post btw)?

Is Sammy going to pre-sell and unlocked version of this phone BEFORE the offer ends?

Does anyone know of any retailers that offer a trade-in AND sell T-Mobile no-contract phones? (Not interested in Carrier stores as they will not trade in for prepaid customers.)

I was told by a representative at Samsung that the only participating carrier is Sprint. I called Verizon and they said they are appealing to be part of the promotion but it hasn't happened yet.

Posted via Android Central App

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't the promotion page say any carrier? Way to screw this up Samsung.

Note 2 via Android Central App

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't the promotion page say any carrier? Way to screw this up Samsung.

Chances are it was an uninformed Samsung rep. Most reps are at call centers who don't give care so they say whatever they feel like saying.

Posted via the Android Central App

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

So kinda like my recent experience with Verizon. Everyone needs to be on the same page. Or do everything the same and not 3 different things.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Ok, so am I correct that, if I buy a Note 4 outright from any carrier besides Sprint, I won't get the $200? I don't have an upgrade. What is the easiest way to do this?

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I went to Best Buy today, they had the Note 4 on display. I talked to the Samsung Rep and Best Buy reps, they both said I could trade in an old LG Optimus S, and get $200 to use towards the purchase of the phone. As a matter of fact the Samsung rep said that is the exact phone he is trading. I put in my pre-order.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Ok, so am I correct that, if I buy a Note 4 outright from any carrier besides Sprint, I won't get the $200? I don't have an upgrade. What is the easiest way to do this?

I was told that I could use it on outright purchases. If not believe I will be throwing a fit :)

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Im giving my wife my Note 3. Shes using my old Galaxy S3 now. We also have my son's old Galaxy S2. I should be able to trade either of these, right?

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Im giving my wife my Note 3. Shes using my old Galaxy S3 now. We also have my son's old Galaxy S2. I should be able to trade either of these, right?

Yes, as long as you are willing to sign or renew a contract, OR you buy the phone outright. The only hiccup right now is you can't buy an unlocked Note 4 (no one has them for pre-order except delta mobile on Amazon but they are too expensive) and you can't get a T-Mobile prepaid phone. They will not do a trade in on prepaid (unless sign up for a plan).

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I am once again getting conflicting stories. Best Buy customer service Todd me the phone has to be activated in the store...I see that nowhere in the terms and conditions. Anyone else??

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

I was told that I could use it on outright purchases. If not believe I will be throwing a fit :)

i was told something different at my local BB. i was told that yes, i can trade-in a phone for an outright purchase, but to qualify for the $200 promo, you need to *activate* the phone in-store. and the only activation that happens is for upgrades or new contracts. i was just there this morning and that was what i was told.

i did get to play with the note 4 on display. they are gorgeous! i don't know about the "edge" yet as it has a plastic frame, but wow the regular 4. can't wait!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante